Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Today the Iraq War surpasses WWII for US military involvement...

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Today the Iraq War surpasses WWII for US military involvement...

Ok, I like to add something else here

What don't People Understand? Don't anyone who disargee with the War, on and off this Thread/board actually sit down and Think? People, do you know Why the US is sick of the Iraq War?

"because we tossing money away, we losing troops, and we not helping Iraq at all,only making it worse"

Mainly the 2nd one. If you was fighting a Guerilla War against the US, who invade your homeland, what would you do to make sure they fall back sooner or later? Kill their troops, and make them stay as long as possible. Why? They Send more troops, and waste more money on the war = Americans and rest of the world getting sick of it. We can't go into Iraq with these Stupid people Like GW and them, who didn't have a plan. IF we had a PLAN, we would be WINNING. Seems like they don't know how to Run a Army. Plus, people like Yesdachi who think money is more important doesn't help Ethier. I would like Yesdachi and Bush and them to go to Iraq, and see how it is..

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Default Re : Today the Iraq War surpasses WWII for US military involvement...

You can all decry Yesdachi's insensitivity all you want, but I don't think it's disrespectful at all to moan about flushing 400 billion $ down the toilet.

That's the amount of money 260 000 Americans generate in the course of their entiry productive live. Or, at forty years of productive live, what 10 000 000 Americans produce in one year. What 3 500 000 Americans produce annually.

To put it differently, the productive effort of 3 500 000 working Americans is wasted every day on Iraq. Nice thought to keep in mind when your alarm goes off tomorrow morning and you're off to work...
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Still having problems with reading comprehension, I see.

At no point did I claim that the US won WWII alone. Is the weather nice on your planet? It's been the usual here on Earth.
    Hmm.

So, what have we done in those days which have now surpassed the days we were in WWII? What have we accomplished with those days? In the same period of time, with a military 60 years behind where we are now, we utterly defeated two of the biggest militaries in the world. We won a world war in that time frame. And in a now longer period, look what we've accomplished (or not) in Iraq. That was the point behind the comparison.
    We did not win a world war. We were in a coalition that won a world war, and in fact our contribution of lives in ratio to our population was the lowest of all the major allied nations. Or are you trying to act as if you changed your use of "we" from refering to americans only to refering to the USA, UK, and USSR just for that post?

That little excerpt is just an example of what you have been trying to do throughout this thread; which is to distort and exagerate facts to fit an agenda of making the situation in Iraq seem worse than it truly is. (Which is completely unneccessary, the truth of the situation is bad enough.)

By the way, despite your statement:

Simply saying the thread has no point other than pushing an agenda is rather vapid. This is the backroom. Of course the thread has an agenda.
    I find that the best posters on this forum do not create threads with obvious agendas, instead focusing on topics that generate real discussion, not an exchange of talking points.
    ...trying to remember to spell check...

"'elp! I'm bein' repressed!" Senior Member Aenlic's Avatar

According to Bush there's a coalition in Iraq. It includes the Brits and the Polish and the Italians and used to include the Japanese. And last time I checked, "we" was a plural pronoun. You're assuming that we means only the U.S. and thus the reading comprehension question.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of the Poodles
    I find that the best posters on this forum do not create threads with obvious agendas, instead focusing on topics that generate real discussion, not an exchange of talking points.
    Indeed. And no one is forcing you to post in this thread or even read it. And you might also note that I made an initial post which took no stance one way or the other and then asked for opinions. I didn't jump back in until after 16 other posts in the thread.

Perhaps you think that

Quote Originally Posted by Aenlic
    During WWII, U.S. forces were officially at war for 1247 days. Today marks the 1248th day that U.S. forces have been at war in Iraq. Is that good or bad?
    is biased in some way? That says more about your bias than about anyone else's bias, doesn't it?

No one can stop you from making a complete fool of yourself, Poodles; but feel free to continue posting in the thread attacking the thread itself without actually posting anything of interest on the topic.
    "Dee dee dee!" - Annoymous (the "differently challenged" and much funnier twin of Anonymous)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234