Thread: Dead

Thumbs down Dead

I notice this board is not nearly as active as it used to be. It is not what I'd call dead (contrary to the title of the thread (you see I'm a poet ;))), but it has slowed down quite a bit. I don't know why this is, and am wondering if anyone here knows. Could it be because we have not had a remodeling in a while?
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Default Re: Dead

I think that this site is increadibly acitve. Have a look at the M2TW section. At any given point there could be a hundred or so people looking there.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Research Shinobi Senior Member Tamur's Avatar

Are you talking about the Watchtower specifically, Vuk? I can't believe anyone would say that the forums in general are dead, or even close to it. Just ask the Org staff how lazy they can be at their jobs.
    Last edited by Tamur; 11-28-2006 at 05:33.
    "Die Wahrheit ruht in Gott / Uns bleibt das Forschen." Johann von Müller

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Which forum is that we are talking about here really ?

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

The Library forums? I know I've been waiting for some serious posting action there for a couple of years at least. But alas the dodo has more life.
    Nullius addictus iurare in uerba magistri -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

American since 2012 Senior Member AntiochusIII's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by therother
    The Library forums? I know I've been waiting for some serious posting action there for a couple of years at least. But alas the dodo has more life.

Who is "Ithaskar Fearindel" by the way? His name is just, well, awesome.

The old Shogun mod. Speaking of which, if you want dead, check out the Shogun forums.

I think currently we have about 450 people a day who post...many of them multiple times.

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

If you're refering to the Tavern, it always slows down a bit when a new game gets released.
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

I was refering to the RTW forums, the Tavern, and the newbie forum. I don't know about the others (except the research forum), because I do not visit them often, or at all :D. Is it just RTW that is dying then? That would stink.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Well yeah...everybody moves to the M2TW forum. And the entrance hall is dying because the other forums are open to junior members now.

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Who's not happy with a dead RTW? Hey drop your bad habits, come on.

I like RTW best of them all (excluding M2TW which I cannot make an opinion on as I have not played it.).

Quote Originally Posted by AntiochusIII

Who is "Ithaskar Fearindel" by the way? His name is just, well, awesome.
    Ith (as I used to call him) was a moderator here for a while. He was a great guy and quite into MP TW as I recall. Alas, real life issues took him away from the Org. I wonder how he's doing.
    This space intentionally left blank

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk
    I was refering to the RTW forums, the Tavern, and the newbie forum. I don't know about the others (except the research forum), because I do not visit them often, or at all :D. Is it just RTW that is dying then? That would stink.
    I think the Org is doing ok:

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Index
    Most users ever online was 565, 11-06-2006 at 20:37.
    So we "peaked" three weeks ago (I guess when M2TW was released or about to be released).

The real life of RTW, IMO, is in the amazing mods. Whether RTW dies may depend, perversely, on how hard to mod M2TW is. There are concerns that modders will not be able to re-skin units in M2TW, which would probably killing any major mods of M2TW. But if RTW remains the only TW game capable of supporting major mods, it may last for a decade or more - rather like the Steel Panther and Panzer General 2 mods.

Thumbs up Re: Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi
    Ith (as I used to call him) was a moderator here for a while. He was a great guy and quite into MP TW as I recall. Alas, real life issues took him away from the Org. I wonder how he's doing.
    Used to go by the name "The Soul", and you really should do some house calls on lost patrons Greg.. would be fun to see some old faces back with which we've shared the battlefields of old .
    Abandon all hope.

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

of course, its a TW fourm. When a TW game its grelease, people forget about the Tavern and such for awhile, then after 2-4 months, they come back again..

I was once a member of a successful messageboard where, during a quiet spell, the members started making "this board is dead" threads aplenty. And due to the number of members posting in the "this board is dead" threads, and the extreme lack of anyone posting anywhere else, the negativity and gloom took hold and guess what?...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The board died of course...

I don't think the board is dead at all. Maybe it's the time of the year? On the run up to Christmas maybe people spend less time on the forums. Also there have got to be alot of members who are too busy playing M2TW, now that it's out.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manco Capac
    Also there have got to be alot of members who are too busy playing M2TW, now that it's out.
    Like me. The Org should be grateful I have to work sometimes, otherwise I wouldn't post a lot these days
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi
    A lot of members have left us...

I love thread necromancing.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?