Thread: Do devs read these forums?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Do devs read these forums?

Do the devs of TW read this forum? Do they post here at all? Is there a forum where they do, if not?

Member Member Mumu Champion Prodigal's Avatar

Default Re: Do devs read these forums?

They seem to read & post on this forum more than they do on the totalwar.com one.

I guess that with the game out now, & the patch being made there's probably not much for them to say.

If they ever do post on a thread its marked with a CA logo, if you check back a few pages you'll find some examples.

Arlington, Texas, United States of America.

I'd only be guessing here, but I wouldn't be supprised if they lurk the forums here. But your best bet would be on their own official forums here.
    Wine is a bit different, as I am sure even kids will like it.
    BigTex
    "Hilary Clinton is the devil"
    ~Texas proverb

Yes, the devs do read these forums, though how much and to what purpose remains their secret ;)

As Prodigal mentioned, if you see the CA logo to the right of a thread when browsing the forums, that indicates that a CA staff member has posted in that thread, so it might be worth checking out for updates and the like.
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Arlington, Texas, United States of America.

Quote Originally Posted by sapi
    Yes, the devs do read these forums, though how much and to what purpose remains their secret ;)

As Prodigal mentioned, if you see the CA logo to the right of a thread when browsing the forums, that indicates that a CA staff member has posted in that thread, so it might be worth checking out for updates and the like.
    Yes I just realized the CA logo. Less nyquil might be a good thing sometimes.

I think they may be hiding in the backroom. Everyone hides with shame in the backroom.
    Wine is a bit different, as I am sure even kids will like it.
    BigTex
    "Hilary Clinton is the devil"
    ~Texas proverb

Devs do read the forums, some not many in fact. I'm ex game biz dev for 10 years and left the biz because of this very reason that a team will bust itself making a game for 1 maybe 2 years, sometimes all hours on top only for publisher to release it too early for a quick buck on quaterly budgets. Sadly anyone who says 'hey you can't release this yet it's not done yet' gets fired. There's nothing worse than picking up the pieces of a dev team who get shafted this way. Execs who 'don't play' call the shots and they just don't get it, or give a heck. It's sad though, especially with a quality 4th gen game like this. Same thing has happened with Mark of Chaos too.

Post Re: Do devs read these forums?

Yes, but only Captain Fishpants seems to post here at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by cap23
    Devs do read the forums, some not many in fact. I'm ex game biz dev for 10 years and left the biz because of this very reason that a team will bust itself making a game for 1 maybe 2 years, sometimes all hours on top only for publisher to release it too early for a quick buck on quaterly budgets. Sadly anyone who says 'hey you can't release this yet it's not done yet' gets fired. There's nothing worse than picking up the pieces of a dev team who get shafted this way. Execs who 'don't play' call the shots and they just don't get it, or give a heck. It's sad though, especially with a quality 4th gen game like this. Same thing has happened with Mark of Chaos too.
    Whats a biz?