Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What will you change?

Default What will you change?

What will you change when the un packer arrives and we can mod the files?

Personally want to make merchants cheaper so there is a greater incentive to recruit them.
    Also I want to sort out the inquisitors so they either dont attack family members or are much weaker.
    It would be nice also to adjust the family names file so we can have titles ffor family members.

Default Re: What will you change?

My ASSASSIN and SPY to JAMES BOND 007

GarbageMan next door Member Miloshus's Avatar

I will change everything that can be changed

Add the MP units to the Single Player Campaign and increase the rate squalor fighting buildings fight said squalor
    All men will one day die, but not every man will truely live.

Village special needs person Member Kobal2fr's Avatar

Hungarian and Moorish colours. Currently that's the only thing keeping me from playing them, although I really really wanna :)
    Anything wrong ? Blame it on me. I'm the French.

the horrific trait and ancillary conditions

Praeparet bellum Member Quillan's Avatar

I'll be looking at the traits and ancillaries trigger conditions, and adjusting the mistakes. I'm sure there's a few bass-ackwards in this game too.
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

At least, i'll change the french names cause they are mostly inacurate and sound horrible.
    "He could hear her still at times. Promise me, she had cried, in a room that smelled of blood and roses, Promise me, Ned. The fever had taken her strength and her voice had been faint as a whisper, but when he gave her his word, the fear had gone out of his sister's eyes."
    Eddard and Lyanna Stark about Jon Snow Targaryen.

Post Re: What will you change?

I will...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    buy the game and play it

Prussian Musketeer Member Faenaris's Avatar

Figure out how to implement the custom battle units into the campaign. I want my dismounted gothic knights!
    Signature by Atterdag

"Hunde, wollt ihr ewig leben?" ("Dogs, do you want to live forever?") - Frederick II of Prussia at the battle of Kolin when adressing his fleeing Prussian soldiers.

Make everything faster! Takes too long to plod across the map. If one of my armies actually took 2 years to walk across Normandy... I would probably tie each one of them to a horse and then race them across the county!

And of course drop the price on the merchants. They seem... useless to me right now. Too long until a return on investment.

Azi
    "If you don't want to work, become a reporter. That awful power, the public opinion of the nation, was created by a horde of self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditch digging and shoemaking and fetched up journalism on their way to the poorhouse."
    Mark Twain 1881

I agree on that the movement is a bit too slow...also animations are sweet...but esp in the later half of the game it just gets so slow watching it all. I am def not playing the next campaign with show all moves on.....

There are so many things...

Complete faction overhauls for a few factions:

1. England - WAY too many billmen. I will replace one of the billmen trees with a more conventional spear infantry path.

2: Scotland - Add Border Rievers as a missile cavalry, give them guns, Replace noble pikemen with something else (too many pikes).

3. Byzantines - Give the dismounted byzantine lancers spears instead of swords, give them guns, make a pike unit for them, make a VERY EXPENSIVE heavily armored lancer unit, similar stats to Gothic Knights but more expensive, rearange the tech tree.

Also, I'm gonna try to change the armor system, and give every faction a new unit.

Then maybe if this stuff doesn't suck I will release it in a mini mod.
    "You're drunk again!"
    "Na Im just exhausted from staying up all night drinking!" - Family guy

"'elp! I'm bein' repressed!" Senior Member Aenlic's Avatar

Fix inquisitors. By fix I mean neuter. Neuter them all so they can't breed. Bastiches.

Second on my list is to fix names to make them historically correct. That's CA's biggest cosmetic mistake, in my book. It might seem better to make the names somehow more easily accessible and thus make the game more popular with younger people; but I think it does a disservice to those same customers, by giving them a distorted view of history. For many, this game may be the only exposure they ever get to this period of history; and it would be nice if that exposure were at least somewhat historically accurate, even if only in the names.
    "Dee dee dee!" - Annoymous (the "differently challenged" and much funnier twin of Anonymous)

Something else that came to me is a desire to just simply see morale ratings and the like, I'd like to see if units with similar attack/defense stats maybe have something else to determine their true worth. For example with Italian armies, could Sergeant Spearmen have a little more morale than Spear Militia, or perhaps, vice versa?
    All men will one day die, but not every man will truely live.

I want to make a total conversion based on the book Dune!

But not on Arrakis... a worldwide desert will make a dule campaign.
    Support Apocolypse Total War! Escape Earth post-apocolypse game!

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

Basically a lot of small changes... Stats, movement, getting the MP units in, mercenaries and of coure the traits and retinues.

Keeping the game as it is, but with 'improved' (I know that is subject to personal preferance) play.
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

Supreme Ruler of the Universe Member FrauGloer's Avatar

There are several things that I'm going to change:

- Give the English Armoured Sergeants
    - Change the Province Names (e.g. Dublin Province --> Ireland) I wonder why Crete is "Crete" and not "Iraklion Province"...
    - create a "Men-at-Arms" unit for all factions (112 men, stats about the same as Armoured Sergeants, but sword-armed)
    - see if I can give province-specific bonuses (e.g. Longbowmen in Wales get +1 Valor)
    - give gunpowder to all factions
    - reduce the number of adoptions (I get almost one per turn - it's annoying)

I already did change the victory conditions (HRE has to destroy Milan and Venice, instead of Denmark, thereby uniting the realm) and the years-per-turn-ratio.
    Current Campaigns:

I will install the Total Realism Mod over it

......Orda

I'm going to edit the agricultural upgrades so that they don't increase the rate of population growth. That way I can build them and get the farming revenues without completely screwing over every settlement in terms of long-term squalor.
    Fear nothing except in the certainty that you are your enemy's begetter and its only hope of healing. For everything that does evil is in pain.
    -The Maestro Sartori, Imajica by Clive Barker

I think I will just slow everything down so that it's possible to play a 450 turn campaign somewhat faster albeit not twice as fast.

Change the name of some provinces, especially in the north. Wonder what possessed the devs to name a province Helsinki. That city was founded in 1550.

I will also check the Danish names. When playing a Danish campaign I got a general named Ingeborg. He must have had very evil parents giving him a female name.

Harbinger of the Doomed Rat Member Biggus Diccus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Moody
    the horrific trait and ancillary conditions
    Ditto!
    General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmaney Melchett: That's the spirit, George. If nothing else works, then a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Corbasus
    I will also check the Danish names. When playing a Danish campaign I got a general named Ingeborg. He must have had very evil parents giving him a female name.
    Good one... I have also seen plenty on names that were more fitting for Swedish and Norwegians than Danes. Of course the Danes are a bit of a compilation of Nordic states in the game, but still. And yes I know that back then names were different, but I have been over the sources, and many of these names don't appear for Danish people either in the Sagas or later in the various letters and medieval sources. However they do for Norwegians and Swedes.
    Last edited by Kraxis; 12-04-2006 at 12:00.
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

If someone nerfs that damned "Pagan Magician" follower's popup rate, they'll be my hero for life.

BLEEEE! Senior Member Daveybaby's Avatar

Nothing - will hopefully be too busy playing the game on an easier difficulty level after getting spanked by the AI on VH/VH cos the passive AI bug is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Corbasus
    Change the name of some provinces, especially in the north. Wonder what possessed the devs to name a province Helsinki. That city was founded in 1550.
    You can fix that right now. Just change the cities name to something more apropriate.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

I might also create a mercenary Swiss pikeman in a half amour, and a Gothic Sergeant unit for the HRE (were there such soldiers historically?). I loved Gothic Sergeants, along the Knights and Foot Knights, in MTW. But would giving the HRE yet another such unit just be going too far?

I will:

- make trajectory artillery generally less effective against walls and men; make them cost a lot more (no more AI artillery armies please)
    - make trebuchets immovable (or at least slower); make them very expensive
    - increase power of powder artillery; make them cost huge sums
    - lower the stats of artillery crews, that terrible knight killers
    - lower stats of peasants, but not so much
    - make inquisitors less powerful (I'm not sure there is an easy way to do)
    - create new mercenary units
    - in the longer term make some units only recruitable in some regions
    - make some basic units recruitable for every faction if it has the province
    - try to balance some units better (in my personal subjective view)
    - change something with the costs, f.e. make cavalry more expensive for some nations
    - something special (make Landsknechts recruitable, relocate Hamburg harbour, create a province Frisia; may be I'm overcharged with the last things cause I'm not very good with modding)
    Last edited by geala; 12-04-2006 at 17:59.
    The queen commands and we'll obey
    Over the Hills and far away.
    (perhaps from an English Traditional, about 1700 AD)

Drum, Kinder, seid lustig und allesamt bereit:
    Auf, Ansbach-Dragoner! Auf, Ansbach-Bayreuth!
    (later chorus -containing a wrong regimental name for the Bayreuth-Dragoner (DR Nr. 5) - of the "Hohenfriedberger Marsch", reminiscense of a battle in 1745 AD, to the music perhaps of an earlier cuirassier march)

I'll strip out the fantasy units and Aztecs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast