Thread: Machine_check_exeption annoying error

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Default Machine_check_exeption annoying error

This is incredible.I am playing Sacred, the game stops and say an error who gives me the following error.

MACHINE_CHECK_EXEPTION.

I just have XP for a pair of weeks.What this error means and how can i fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Caius Flaminius

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Default Re: Machine_check_exeption annoying error

This is probably a hardware error (probably your RAM). Go here:

http://www.memtest86.com/

download memtest86, follow the instructions that come with it, & let it do as many passes as you can (leave it over night if you have to).
    If it finds any errors, you know its the RAM (check each stick seperately if you have 2). Replace the faulty RAM stick.
    If you have no errors its obviously something else.
    Good luck
    The wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead.....

Definitely do the memtest above, though if it fails that it could still be due to the CPU overheating and not the memory at all. I'd advice you to go into your BIOS and check the CPU core temperature. If it's at about 60C or above it could be the cause of your problems.

This sort of issue is not always hardware however, and may be due to a buggy device driver. Post up your system specs for a start. You may need to post minidump files in order for me to analyze it. This will pinpout the process that causes the crash.

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Sacred is a bug pile. If you're ever trying to play it without the latest updates, you'll end up with cursing all the money you spent on the game.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

FX Interactive didnt released a new patch.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

Quote Originally Posted by Manco Capac
    Definitely do the memtest above, though if it fails that it could still be due to the CPU overheating and not the memory at all. I'd advice you to go into your BIOS and check the CPU core temperature. If it's at about 60C or above it could be the cause of your problems.

This sort of issue is not always hardware however, and may be due to a buggy device driver. Post up your system specs for a start. You may need to post minidump files in order for me to analyze it. This will pinpout the process that causes the crash.
    I dont think that, Manco Capac.The computer should shut down inmediatly. And in Windows it gives me the same problem.
    Last edited by Caius; 12-02-2006 at 00:03.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

Sorry I'm not following you....??

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Sacred is an Ascaron Entertainment GmbH release. If we're talking about the same game here, Sacred has both updates for its initial release, called Sacred Plus containing a lot of enhancements with bug fixes, and also for its expansion pack Sacred : Underworld.

www.sacred-game.com Go, wander here to find about the patch.