Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 36

Thread: Weird political stuff posted in the wrong forum

  1. #1
    Now sporting a classic avatar! Member fallen851's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    799

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    Quote Originally Posted by Kull
    You'll find out soon enough.
    This issue is deeper than you think. You see, once EB 0.8 comes out, I will download it, but how am I supposed to check to make sure all the unit cards are there? I suppose I could go through the files, but this would be a meaningless waste of time, when someone could just say "these units are not completed yet". So that would be the nice thing to do, because it would be you helping me, saving me a lot of time, by sacrificing only a little bit of your own time. So it would be nice, once it is released for someone to give me a list of the units that don't have unit cards done. Somehow I don't think that will happen. Perhaps am I wrong, and I hope I am.

    Of course, you might think that sacrificing that bit of time is meaningless to you because you don't know me, which is of course is a discourse suggesting you can decide who deserves respect (ie who you would spend a bit of time telling information to save them time) and who doesn't deserve respect. In this case you are deciding I don't deserve respect

    This is called elitism. It has been done for centuries, and in hindsight, it is always wrong. It is wrong to enslave people, it is wrong to oppress women, it is wrong to not help the poor, is it wrong to make people "serfs", it is wrong to discriminate based on race, on age, whatever.

    And we are still fighting it today. People come around like Thomas Jefferson, Adolf Hitler, and many others, and say "I know who deserves respect, and who doesn't". For 6,000 years elitism has never been right.

    The opposite of elitism, and the only other discourse is liberalism (the label liberalism and elitism don't mean anything, I just use them because I think they fit best, you can use whatever label). Liberals believe in two principles, #1 that we should expand the rights of those recognized as people, and #2 that we should expand who is a recognized person.

    Liberalism simply says one thing, respect and love everyone equally. If you believe that you should respect and love everyone equally, that no one, no matter they believe, deserves to be disrespected, and treated poorly, than you are a liberal, and you are a Christian by definition. I shouldn't get too deep into the Christian piece, because so many pervert what Jesus did, but it makes it eaiser to illustrate how you are not supposed to judge. Christians (those who are a Christian based on deeds, not labels) don't judge, just like liberals don't judge. Christians confess their sins, and try to do the right thing. Liberals admit when they make a mistake, apologize, and try to do the right thing Liberals and Christians are one in the same.

    So, we can conclude only one thing, I have to question whether you and the EB team as a whole are Christians/Liberals, since they are one in the same. Because what you say, what the EB team as a whole, what happens in many threads and discussions between non-members and member is elitism. Look at this thread, as one example, but there is many more on the the forum right now.

    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=71260

    You see, we have these statements against me, of which elitists will claim are jokes. But you don't take serious arguements as jokes, unless you don't respect them. Obviously my arguement wasn't respected, which is fine if you don't believe everyone deserves respect in every scenario, and if you believe you can pick and choose who deserves respect, which is the definition of an elitist.

    So let us find out if this arguement gets respect. Will it be deleted because think they can judge? Will TA make jokes about it? Will people start hating each other? I feel it now "oh some stupid religious guy is trying to tell us how to act..."

    I'm not allowed to judge you, or be the judge, because liberals and Christians respect everyone. But at the same time, I have an obligation, as a Christian and a liberal, to question you actions, so, are you a liberal, or are you an elitist? Now this does not mean I think I'm perfect, and only I can judge, I'm simply stating no one can judge, lets all be nice all the time to everyone. Now God knows I don't do this, but I try, and I admit when I haven't done this, which is all Jesus asks.

    So do you think you can judge, are you God? Because what I'm going to find out soon enough, is if I deserve respect, which is a reflection of whether or not you are an elitist. So, will I get the list, or will I be denied because of who I am?
    Last edited by fallen851; 11-30-2006 at 22:13.
    "It's true that when it's looked at isolated, Rome II is a good game... but every time I sit down to play it, every battle, through every turn, I see how Rome I was better. Not unanimously, but ultimately." - Dr. Sane

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6eaBtzqqFA#t=1h15m33s

  2. #2
    Member Member Kugutsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lausanne
    Posts
    287

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    Blimey, thats quite an extended response to a simple 'wait and see'. Arent you reading a bit much into it? Perhaps they want the unit roster to be a surprise. Definitively saying which units are complete and which arent will neccessarily give away exactly what units are in the next build. If they continue to reject your request for info after they release (and the surprise is no longer a surprise), then perhaps your comments would be justified. But at the moment I think its quite fair for them to keep a few secrets. It adds to the 'wow' factor when we play for the first time and see all the unknown goodies we can explore... Have a little patience...

  3. #3
    Imperialist Brit Member Orb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,751

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    Fallen, you're taking this way too personally.

    You are continually antagonising the hard-working team, how do you expect them to respond?


    'My intelligence is not just insulted, it's looking for revenge with a gun and no mercy. ' - Frogbeastegg

    SERA NIMIS VITA EST CRASTINA VIVE HODIE

    The life of tomorrow is too late - live today!

  4. #4
    Enforcer of Exonyms Member Barbarossa82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Englaland (and don't let the Normans tell you any different!)
    Posts
    575

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    I am straining very hard not to reply in immoderate terms to that post. I think four points cover it.

    1) You have next to no idea what the term "liberalism" means.
    2) You have literally no idea what the term "Christian" means.
    3) As a result of (1) and (2) you erroneously link the two
    4) How can anyone be so ridiculously, so mind-bogglingly comically, melodramatic as to liken a failure to provide a list of units without unit cards to slavery and racial discrimination? And the EB team to Adolf Hitler? I mean WHAT??
    Self-proclaimed winner of the "Member who Looks Most Like their Avatar" contest 2007

    My Armenian AAR

  5. #5
    Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Shell Beach
    Posts
    4,028

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    Edit: forget it. I love you, fallen851.

    Great news, and I'm looking forward to finding time to play an even better version of my favourite mod!
    Last edited by Geoffrey S; 11-30-2006 at 22:58.
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

  6. #6
    Member Member Tuuvi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The wild west
    Posts
    1,416

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    wwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhaksdl;jgtorigjsf;ksdcvmaskdcvnsdakvj
    I'm too excited for words...

  7. #7
    Elephant Master Member Conqueror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In the Ruins of Europe
    Posts
    1,258

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    Wha...!?

    The people who work their butts off to create the (iMO) best mod of RTW won't tell you in advance whether all units cards will be done in the release that is appearantly just around the corner - and you take that as a reason to launch into a rant about elitism and christianity and liberalism. I have to say, if there is some kind of logic behind your post, it's totally lost on me. I just don't get it. At all.

    RTW, 167 BC: Rome expels Greek philosophers after the Lex Fannia law is passed. This bans the effete and nasty Greek practice of 'philosophy' in favour of more manly, properly Roman pursuits that don't involve quite so much thinking.

  8. #8
    EBII Mapper and Animator Member -Praetor-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Marburg, Germany
    Posts
    3,760

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen851
    This issue is deeper than you think. You see, once EB 0.8 comes out, I will download it, but how am I supposed to check to make sure all the unit cards are there? I suppose I could go through the files, but this would be a meaningless waste of time, when someone could just say "these units are not completed yet". So that would be the nice thing to do, because it would be you helping me, saving me a lot of time, by sacrificing only a little bit of your own time. So it would be nice, once it is released for someone to give me a list of the units that don't have unit cards done. Somehow I don't think that will happen. Perhaps am I wrong, and I hope I am.
    Fallen:

    You could just go to the custom battle army selection screen, and check there which one of all the units haven`t got unit cards. It`s quite easy and doesn`t consume very much time...

    K.

  9. #9
    Member Member Thaatu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,117

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    Fallen...


    Wow, I can't really say much to that...



    I would understand a little better if EB wasn't, you know, FREE...

  10. #10
    EBII Mod Leader Member Foot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brighton, East Sussex, England (GMT)
    Posts
    10,736

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    Quote Originally Posted by fallen851
    So, will I get the list, or will I be denied because of who I am?
    Don't you see, this isn't in our original business model for 0.8. Are you asking us to sacrifice our original business model just for your own pleasure?

    "A successful buisness model, meets the goals it sets out to achieve, it doesn't continually change goals"

    And we do want to be a successful business model, and the above list is not part of that business model for the moment. Tell you what, because the EB team has such great respect for you we'll make sure we have the list ready for you for 1.0. The same release in fact, which will include all UI cards. How does that sound?

    Thanks,

    Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator


  11. #11
    Discipulus et Magister Member Lord Condormanius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Haven, CT USA
    Posts
    346

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    wow!
    "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war."
    -Albert Einstein

    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    -Benjamin Franklin

  12. #12

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    That is the most bizarre thing I've read on this forum. And that includes the Bartix stuff. Wow. Just....wow.

  13. #13

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    Quote Originally Posted by fallen851
    lots of words
    Humanity is a lot more than six thousand years old. More like 200,000, in point of fact. Funnily enough, 'elites' and 'elitists' only started developing around 6,000 years ago. Before that it was all egalitarian hunting and gathering.
    Last edited by Laundreu; 11-30-2006 at 23:05.

  14. #14
    Member Member Kugutsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lausanne
    Posts
    287

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    That has to be simultaneously the strangest and most effective piece of trolling I have seen in a while. With one long torrent of gibberish he has left a wake of bemusement and a frenzy of posting.

    Thanks Fallen, for helping pass the time while waiting for the release!

  15. #15

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    wow i fallen is really taking it seriously.. hmm i wonder wat hes like in real life..

    "Hey wats up"

    Fallen:"(big speech with nothing to do about how your doing)"

    but im glad that EB is gonna be released soon... WOO cant wait..
    [GG]CountFlip
    Grenadier Guards an NTW 2 Clan

  16. #16

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou
    Laundreu, please change your quote or we will delete it. Changing other people's quotes isn't permitted here.
    Better? I don't want to quote the whole thing; it's more than a screen's length so that'd be pretty rude.

  17. #17

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    That's understandable. Thanks.

  18. #18

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    Fallen just likes getting attention, so he posts these angry finger-pointing, muck-raking, paragraghs of verbal diarrhea. If he ever does it again I say we all ignore it because I'm pretty sick of his crap. Fallen you either need pull a very big stick out of your @$$ or if you're just doing this for fun, you need to stop being a $h!%#&@!. Straight up! And BTW personally this is the last time I respond to Fallen until he acts like a respectable human being.

    p.s. It's liberals like you that give liberals like me a bad name. Its just an effing list! Right end of story.
    Last edited by Tyfus; 11-30-2006 at 23:16.

  19. #19
    Abou's nemesis Member Krusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Kjøllefjord, Norway
    Posts
    5,723

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    Quote Originally Posted by rcross
    Fallen just likes getting attention, so he posts these angry finger-pointing, muck-raking, paragraghs of verbal diarrhea. If he ever does it again I say we all ignore it because I'm pretty sick of his crap. Fallen you either need pull a very big stick out of your @$$ or if you're just doing this for fun, you need to stop being a $h!%#&@!. Straight up! And BTW personally this is the last time I respond to Fallen until he acts like a respectable human being.
    Gratz. You just took the bait.
    "Debating with someone on the Internet is like mudwrestling with a pig. You get filthy and the pig loves it"
    Shooting down abou's Seleukid ideas since 2007!

  20. #20
    blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,773

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    Liberalism simply says one thing, respect and love everyone equally. If you believe that you should respect and love everyone equally, that no one, no matter they believe, deserves to be disrespected, and treated poorly, than you are a liberal, and you are a Christian by definition. I shouldn't get too deep into the Christian piece, because so many pervert what Jesus did, but it makes it eaiser to illustrate how you are not supposed to judge. Christians (those who are a Christian based on deeds, not labels) don't judge, just like liberals don't judge. Christians confess their sins, and try to do the right thing. Liberals admit when they make a mistake, apologize, and try to do the right thing Liberals and Christians are one in the same.
    Slight difference being not all liberals are christians, and not all christians are liberal. Some of us liberals are atheists you know, just because we have a certain ideal that is sort of shared with christianity doesn't mean we are the same. and not all liberals believe in what you posted either.

  21. #21

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    Fallen851..... Seriuosly..... wtf man?

    Come on dude, this ain't no political/economic theory forum. U got the wrong the forum to discuss about Liberal Elitism, Liberitarianism, Federalism, Socialism, Capitalism, etc..... You should go to some kind Political Science forum at ur local college or university and start ur discussions there.


    Remember, this is a MOD (an awosme one) about a GAME. Ok? U ain't PAYING for it, and he EB team ain't making a PROFIT from it.

    So I suggest u play as Kionnon Hellenon (sp) and start discussing philosophy with ur Faction Leader's Ancillaries.

  22. #22

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    Quote Originally Posted by Krusader
    Gratz. You just took the bait.

    It may seem that way, but I'm just saying I'm not going to play his game any more are you?

  23. #23
    Fighting for EB Member Corinthian Hoplite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    74

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    Why do you still waste your time replying to his posts?

  24. #24
    Member Member Birka Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sweden (Flen) (fairly near Birka)
    Posts
    356

    Angry Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    Fallen851 You must be drunk as hell or totalty insane.....

  25. #25

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    Quote Originally Posted by Corinthian Hoplite
    Why do you still waste your time replying to his posts?

    I was replying to Krusader in my last post actually. And from now on I'm not replying to Fallen as I already said.

  26. #26
    Fighting for EB Member Corinthian Hoplite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    74

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    Quote Originally Posted by rcross
    I was replying to Krusader in my last post actually. And from now on I'm not replying to Fallen as I already said.
    I wasn't referring to any post in particular, but all replies in general.

  27. #27

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    Quote Originally Posted by Corinthian Hoplite
    I wasn't referring to any post in particular, but all replies in general.
    True Beans.

    Anyway Let's all forget Fallen and his problems and lets get back to talking about how awesome EB is and how much we can't wait. Personally I'm going to start one barbarian campaign and one greek campaign first. Probably Casse, for the new chariots and Baktria, for all the new units.
    Last edited by Tyfus; 12-01-2006 at 00:10.

  28. #28

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    OP is fricken hilarious.

  29. #29
    Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    9,103

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro
    OP is fricken hilarious.
    My sentiments exactly.
    #Hillary4prism

    BD:TW

    Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

    Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

  30. #30
    Viceroy of the Indian Empire Member Duke Malcolm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Dùn Dèagh, the People's Republic of Scotland, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
    Posts
    2,783

    Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

    Bravo, Fallen852! Encore, Encore!
    It was not theirs to reason why,
    It was not theirs to make reply,
    It was theirs but to do or die.
    -The Charge of the Light Brigade - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

    "Wherever this stone shall lie, the King of the Scots shall rule"
    -Prophecy of the Stone of Destiny

    "For God, For King and country, For loved ones home and Empire, For the sacred cause of justice, and The freedom of the world, They buried him among the kings because he, Had done good toward God and toward his house."
    -Inscription on the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO