Thread: An other historical correction needed!

Default An other historical correction needed!

In two of my games I have maneged to get a female pope, I would like to hear if this is to be accepted, that is less historical correct, but pehabs gives better gameplay? Or gives us the option do change history???

Default Re: An other historical correction needed!

The legend of a female Pope, event that supposedly happened around AD 800 according to some or AD 1000 to others, is one of the juiciest surrounding the Vatican. There's another legend linked to the first one, stating that after they learned, horrified, they have elected a female pope, cardinals learned their lesson and started checking if the new pontiff was indeed a man by using chairs with holes in them .

I think it's a nice bit of history controversy in MTW2 that you could have a "secretly female" cardinal elected as Pope.
    Last edited by Vlad Tzepes; 12-01-2006 at 10:42.
    "Whose motorcycle is this?", "It's a chopper, baby.", "Whose chopper is this?", "Zed's.", "Who's Zed?", "Zed's dead baby. Zed's dead." - Butch and Fabienne ride off into the sunset in Pulp Fiction.

Well, when it comes down to it, by the time a cardinal can be elected as pope it's far too late for the papacy to say, "sorry, but one of our senior officials is actually a woman. Oops"
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

MTR researcher - Scandinavia Member Ringeck's Avatar

Sadly, "Pope Joan" is a 13th century "urban legend", that might have been intended as papal satire, which was spreading in the period. So, like many other things in M2TW, it is quite ahistorical.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Tzepes
    The legend of a female Pope, event that supposedly happened around AD 800 according to some or AD 1000 to others, is one of the juiciest surrounding the Vatican. There's another legend linked to the first one, stating that after they learned, horrified, they have elected a female pope, cardinals learned their lesson and started checking if the new pontiff was indeed a man by using chairs with holes in them .

I think it's a nice bit of history controversy in MTW2 that you could have a "secretly female" cardinal elected as Pope.

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

A female Pope ? LMAO !

I think Saladin has 1 star in this game.
    I saw a guy called Salahuddin something with 1 star. Got insta-pwnedBBQ'ed.

ROFL

Hope I'm wrong though.
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

Some games have things called easter-eggs and I think you're supposed to laugh about them.
    I cannot remember any female pope, will it give a message or do you need to check her profile to find out?

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu