Thread: Cheating to kill the pope

Default Cheating to kill the pope

Ok don't start lecturing about cheating because I think this more like ending the guys life a bit prematurly than cheating :P

Basically for my 1st campaign ever I have more cardinals than anyone else. So I want to have a papal election But the popes only like 50...

So using Medieval Shell I figure I can kill him right? I did soem research and on rome apparently kill_character charactername worked. As apparently alot of other cheats are the same I figured it'd work.

But I can't vfor the life of me get it working. What do I put as the character name? His Official title is Pope Gregory Of The Papal States. Do I put Pope, Pope Gregory, Pope Gregory of the papal states? Do I include spaces?

Praeparet bellum Member Quillan's Avatar

Default Re: Cheating to kill the pope

I don't think that cheat works. I tried using it to eliminate a few of my worthless agents (ever created a merchant or diplomat who had a zero skill straight out of the box?), and I keep getting the error message "unrecognized command".
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

Kill him with assassins.

And if you really want to cheat use the save/load version so you don't suffer excomm if you fail.
    Popes are not easy to kill, but they are not that hard either.
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

Lol, by the time I train up an asassin good enough the pope will be dead...

Hah hah, as HRE I defeated the Pope in a battle, and two of their Papal States armies with him. Actually pretty funny to see the Pope in the before-battle view where you see the balance of forces. The Pope leading an army

So yeah... kind of an extreme and too open way, but I'd say try it out.
    The only other way I also see is like said train an assassin to get him. If there was only a way like in RTW where you could just move in a spy who was infected with plague.
    Emotion, passions, and desires are, thus peace is not.
    Emotion: you have it or it has you.

---

Pay heed to my story named The Thief in the Mead Hall.
    No.

---

Check out some of my music.

Praeparet bellum Member Quillan's Avatar

You can use a spy as a plague bearer to spread it. It works just fine in this game.
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Ola amigos, sou do Brasil, vou usar o google tradutor:
    I have a problem, I can't find the pope in any city, neither in Rome nor in the capital of the Holy Germanic Empire Frankfurt. I trained 2 assassins and they are at maximum skill, but it's no use, I can't find the pope. I am sad. I didn't want to be excommunicated, I've been in alliance with the papal states since level 1, but playing with a pope of my great enemy is very boring. I am very sad. wanted to kill the pope