Thread: No byzantines in mode?

Smile No byzantines in mode?

First i wish to congratulate u on a job well done.
    Excellent mod with a lot of depth i would say
    I would like toask u if you r considering adding the byzantines as a separate faction as u already have many units done for them.
    Would it be technically too difficult to be done?
    Either way u have done a great work and hope u keep on

Default Re: No byzantines in mode?

it has never been my intention to include more than the original two factions. The byzantines are effectively the rebel faction in the mod and there are three byzantine units you can use in custom battles.
    Creator of The Crusades a complete modification for Barbarian Invasion
    Can a man love a mod? No, probably not. But here, at The Crusades, we believe in unnatural loves stories!

ΟΚ
    thanks for your hard work
    Keep it up

historically the byzantines were a key player in the crusades and so were the seljucs. also adding them would add a new dimension the mod. p.s excellent mod

I'm quite familiar with the roles of the seljuks an byzantines. However it was not my goal to create a mod with multiple factions in a ultra historical setting. What I created was good vs evil (depending on how you play crusaders vs. saracens or saracens vs. crusaders) in which the player will be supremely challenged. That being said there are seljuk turk units available to the saracen army.
    Creator of The Crusades a complete modification for Barbarian Invasion
    Can a man love a mod? No, probably not. But here, at The Crusades, we believe in unnatural loves stories!

Make pies not war Member Cangrande's Avatar

Good v Evil? Perhaps not the best way to describe the Crusades! I've only just installed it but it looks great!

I guess without the 'peripheral' forces of the Empire and the Turks you have a more localized theatre. No real problem with that, anymore than not having Rhennish peasant armies or Bulgars!

I'm looking forward to playing this, thanks!
    Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem

Quote Originally Posted by caius britannicus View Post
    I'm quite familiar with the roles of the seljuks an byzantines. However it was not my goal to create a mod with multiple factions in a ultra historical setting. What I created was good vs evil (depending on how you play crusaders vs. saracens or saracens vs. crusaders) in which the player will be supremely challenged. That being said there are seljuk turk units available to the saracen army.
    First, let me say I am about to install this mod on my laptop and give it a whirl; it looks very interesting.

Back to this topic (albeit a bit late), you are, in a sense, actually making this mod into a more historical mod keeping the Byzantines and Seljuks out of the picture. From what I can tell, this mod starts around 1187 - 1191, a time period when the Byzantines were too weak to intervene and the Seljuks were very much under the control of Saladin.

Manual Comenus was defeated at Myriokephalon in 1176 and the Byzantine Empire was never again a key player in politics of Outre-mer. After Nur ed Din's death in 1174, the Seljuk influence was slowy eplised by Saladin. By the time he defeated Guy at Hattin, Damascus was his, and Allepo paid hommage to the Sultan.

Therefore, it's better for this mod to focus on the two great powers of the Third Crusade. Unfortunately, Richard left in 1193-1194 and Saladin died only months later, thus resetting the balance of power. Still, this will make for an exciting what if mod.