Thread: RTW/BI Query

Default RTW/BI Query

Are there any mountedarcher units available in this game. I ask because I was hoping to reenact Belisarius´conquest of North Africa and Rome where he used extensively and with damaging effect Mounnted German Archers who he personally had trined in the Stadium in Byzantium.

Andrew

Default Re: RTW/BI Query

For BI? Yep, I'm pretty sure there are mounted archers although I'm not sure if the Byzantines have one...You could try the Huns though, they have a lot of cavalry.
    I want to bathe in their blood...I want to bathe in their blood for a week!-Freaky Roman General

Formerly Seedexodus...not that anyone cares

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmuir
    Are there any mountedarcher units available in this game.
    Is the Pope a Catholic? Lots of mounted archer units in BI - e.g. the Huns are mainly of that type. And the AI uses them rather well.

If you get BI, I recommend Goth's all factions mod. The Romans get some normal horse archers and some more armoured Hipoo Toxotai. Both are very useful. I think they get the Hippo Toxotai in the vanilla game - not sure about the regular horse archers.

I see your question regards RTW as well as BI try Scthia and Dacia for the best horse archer factons in that game