Thread: Aztecs Army Great

Smile Aztecs Army Great

I have just played a custom battle with the aztecs against the english and i was so impressed with the graphical representation of their units.they have some excellent -and colourful- units especially the jaguars and the coyot priests.in my battle they managed to hold and route 2 units of english knights and turn the battle in my favor.
    I was wondering if the aztecs r really challenging when u meet them in the americas(i am playing as the byzantines and it is highly unlikely that i will manage to meet before the campaign is over

Default Re: Aztecs Army Great

Quote Originally Posted by pansoiatr
    I have just played a custom battle with the aztecs against the english and i was so impressed with the graphical representation of their units.they have some excellent -and colourful- units especially the jaguars and the coyot priests.in my battle they managed to hold and route 2 units of english knights and turn the battle in my favor.
    I was wondering if the aztecs r really challenging when u meet them in the americas(i am playing as the byzantines and it is highly unlikely that i will manage to meet before the campaign is over
    Yes they are enourmously challenging. Make sure you bring a lot of superior troops and guns if you ever try to conquer them.

The Brooding Emperor Member Valdincan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ice
    Yes they are enourmously challenging. Make sure you bring a lot of superior troops and guns if you ever try to conquer them.
    Heavy cavalry and guns (because of the moral hit) are the best.
    Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire, King of Rome, Pope's bane, Destroyer of civilizations.

"Words are a greater weapons then swords."

This place called Mars... do you know of it?

I would also recommend about 2 higly trained lumber jack units to help clear all of those darn trees. Make sure that they have the chainsaw upgrade along with the suspenders upgrade so that they become mroe efficient at cutting those trees down. JkJk... I fought several custom battles down there and got terribly lost in those forests so I thought a lumberjack unit might come in handy at some point.
    But for reals, you should use lots of spies and assasins(if possible) to pin point their full stack armies that apparently descend upon you like flies on poop. Also it would probably help by razing any cities/castles(do they have castles?) that you take since it sounds like they rebel at some point and throw your armies out to the wolves.
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

Undercover Lurker Member Mailman653's Avatar

Or you can just make peace with them, establish trade and put merchants and priests all over their lands =P

Quote Originally Posted by Mailman653
    Or you can just make peace with them, establish trade and put merchants and priests all over their lands =P
    Would the priests just cause revolts?

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Lightbulb Re: Aztecs Army Great

GAH!

Nonsense!

Vanya conquered aztecs in no time at all! Let Vanya share with youz His magnificent recipe for EZVictory 1.0!

First, get boat. No boat, no city of gold!

Second, load boat with guns. Don't bother with anything else. The bigger the guns, the better. Preferably basilisks and culverins.

Third, march fully gunny army into Montezuma's realm and obliterate anything that moves!

In fact, this worked SOOOO well for Vanya, that He, in His Glorious March, conquered the entire Aztec empire with ONE army stack. That legendary army had:

1 General
    All other slots were basilisks and culverins.

Cakewalk!

GAH!
    [Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Quote Originally Posted by Vanya
    GAH!

Nonsense!

Vanya conquered aztecs in no time at all! Let Vanya share with youz His magnificent recipe for EZVictory 1.0!

First, get boat. No boat, no city of gold!

Second, load boat with guns. Don't bother with anything else. The bigger the guns, the better. Preferably basilisks and culverins.

Third, march fully gunny army into Montezuma's realm and obliterate anything that moves!

In fact, this worked SOOOO well for Vanya, that He, in His Glorious March, conquered the entire Aztec empire with ONE army stack. That legendary army had:

1 General
    All other slots were basilisks and culverins.

Cakewalk!

GAH!
    Did you just starve cities out? How did that work in the jungles?

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Arrow Re: Aztecs Army Great

GAH!

Youz see the jungle and see obstacles and tribulations.

Vanya sees the jungle and sees a fresh harvest of eager heads waiting to crown Him their god and savior. (Too bad for them Vanya just wants a fresh harvest of heads for His shrunken-head necklace!)

How, then, can youz compete with the sheer magnificence, discipline, and talent of a Vanya-led army? Why, Vanya could muster the same feat with a half-strength platoon of retarded 3-yr blind mute booger-eaters with no arms or legs!

(Though Vanya must admit that He has not attempted the latter suggestion within the last 320 years or so, and realizes it may be a tad "challenging". The key, though, is the attitude.)

GAH!
    [Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Undercover Lurker Member Mailman653's Avatar

In other words, don't the the jungle intimidate you and use your firepower effectively. Therefore you will achive The Way Of The Vanya, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanya
    GAH!

Youz see the jungle and see obstacles and tribulations.

Vanya sees the jungle and sees a fresh harvest of eager heads waiting to crown Him their god and savior. (Too bad for them Vanya just wants a fresh harvest of heads for His shrunken-head necklace!)

How, then, can youz compete with the sheer magnificence, discipline, and talent of a Vanya-led army? Why, Vanya could muster the same feat with a half-strength platoon of retarded 3-yr blind mute booger-eaters with no arms or legs!

(Though Vanya must admit that He has not attempted the latter suggestion within the last 320 years or so, and realizes it may be a tad "challenging". The key, though, is the attitude.)

GAH!
    How did you use artillery in the jungles....

If I'm not wrong, trees don't stop projectiles, so there is no reason why you can't use artillery in the jungles.

Its true - cannons pund heck out of troops hiding in the jungle
    Last edited by econ21; 12-11-2006 at 13:39.
    Look what these bastards have done to Wales. They've taken our coal, our water, our steel. They buy our homes and live in them for a fortnight every year. What have they given us? Absolutely nothing. We've been exploited, raped, controlled and punished by the English — and that's who you are playing this afternoon Phil Bennett's pre 1977 Rugby match speech