Thread: EB0.8 Custom Battle -> Instant CTD

Elephant Master Member Conqueror's Avatar

Default EB0.8 Custom Battle -> Instant CTD

I can't play a custom battle at all, it seems. Any time I'm finished with setting up units for the two armies and proceed to battle (where it's supposed to load the battle map) I get instant crash. I even tested this with Romani vs KH, with single unit to each (triarii and classic hoplite). Custom battles seem to work fine in RTW though. I have not yet tried the campaign so I don't know if battles will crash there also. Will test that soon.

RTW, 167 BC: Rome expels Greek philosophers after the Lex Fannia law is passed. This bans the effete and nasty Greek practice of 'philosophy' in favour of more manly, properly Roman pursuits that don't involve quite so much thinking.

Default Re: EB0.8 Custom Battle -> Instant CTD

Ok I think I know what this may be. It might be that my RTW isnt up to date: I have BI but Im not sure if I have the 1.5 patch. Ill try to find out what my RTW version is if it isnt 1.5 then thatnmust be it

RTW, 167 BC: Rome expels Greek philosophers after the Lex Fannia law is passed. This bans the effete and nasty Greek practice of 'philosophy' in favour of more manly, properly Roman pursuits that don't involve quite so much thinking.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Works for me, unless you use that Baktrian cavalry unit, that one makes it crash. Excpet for that, it shouldn't give any problems. At least not that we know of yet...I believe.

As I feared, I have RTW 1.3. Uninstalling EB, will install the patch and then re-install EB (there should be no need for complete reinstall of RTW right?). You may officially call me an idiot now.

You ar not alone conquerer.