Thread: Traits and Ancillaries

Default Traits and Ancillaries

LONG POST

I have a couple of ideas, but to be able to implement them I also have a lot of questions to which I did not find a clear anwser yet.

Code:
    Trait NobleLord

Characters family Level Lesser_Lord
    Description Lesser_Lord_desc EffectsDescription Lesser_Lord_effect_desc GainMessage Lesser_Lord_gain_desc Epiphet Lesser_Lord_epiphet_desc Treshold 1 Effect Command 1 Effect Loyalty 1
    Level Minor_Lord
    Description Minor_Lord_desc EffectsDescription Minor_Lord_effect_desc GainMessage Minor_Lord_gain_desc Epiphet Minor_Lord_epiphet_desc Treshold 2 Effect Command 2
    Level Lordly_Lord
    Description Lordly_Lord_desc EffectsDescription Lordly_Lord_effect_desc GainMessage Lordly_Lord_gain_desc Epiphet Lordly_Lord_epiphet_desc Treshold 3 Effect Command 2 Effect Loyalty -1
    Level Major_Lord
    Description Major_Lord_desc EffectsDescription Major_Lord_effect_desc GainMessage Major_Lord_gain_desc Epiphet Major_Lord_epiphet_desc Treshold 4 Effect Command 2 Effect Loyalty -2
    And this trait

Code:
    Trait StrippedLord

Character family Level L_Stripped
    Description L_Stripped_desc EffectsDescription L_Stripped_effects_desc GainMessage L_Stripped_gain_desc Treshold 1 Effect Loyalty -1
    Level M_Stripped
    Description M_Stripped_desc EffectsDescription L_Stripped_effects_desc GainMessage M_Stripped_gain_desc Treshold 2 Effect Loyalty -2
    Level H_Stripped
    Description H_Stripped_desc EffectsDescription H_Stripped_effects_desc GainMessage H_Stripped_gain_desc Treshold 3 Effect Loyalty -3
    And I also created an Ancillary (or actually a series of Ancillaries, one for each settlement)

Code:
    Ancillary Sherrif_Of_Nothingham

Type Title Transferable 1 Image item_documents.tga Description Sherrif_Of_Nothingham_desc EffectsDescription Sherrif_Of_Nothingham_effect_desc Effect Command 1 ; For now
    And now to my questions, sorry for the long post.

Question One: Is it possible to create new Types of Ancillaries as I did with the type Title ?

Question Two: What (if possible) is the code to check for the existence of an ancillary type ?

Question Three: What (if possible) is the code to check for the existence of an ancillary ?

Question Four: If Question two is possible, can I count the number of ancillaries of that type and how ?

Question Five: If Question Three is possible, can I count the number of ancillaries that are following a condition and how?

Question Six: OR Statements are done by "and not" ?

Question Seven: Is it even possible to trigger traits from the existence of ancillaries ??

Okay, I think I have asked enough questions now, but I'm merely bustling with ideas at the moment.

Dingo

Default Re: Traits and Ancillaries

Okay, I managed to anwser one of my own questions.

Question Two: What (if possible) is the code to check for the existence of an ancillary type ?
    The code for this:

Code:
    Condition HasAncType Title

And now the rest of the questions.

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

I'm working on a similar thing right now. I'll answer some of your questions
    1) Didn't test yet
    3) You can probably only test
    4) No easy way to do this I think
    5) Don't think so
    6) Or is done with or, but you can't use parentheses unfortunately
    7) Yes, use some event and use the HasAncType condition

Does anyone know if there is anyway to get an epithet to precede a character's name, rather than follow it?

I've also put a simple script in for awarding a trait to the faction heir.
    However, I can't seem to get it to remove it when he becomes the leader, so as soon as he does he keeps the title and it is automatically given to the new heir as well.

How can I avoid this? Am I going about this the wrong way?

Here is the entry from my EDCT:

;------------------------------------------

Trigger PrinceofWales
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition CharFactionType england
    and IsFactionHeir
    Affects PrinceofWales 1 Chance 100

Trigger PrinceofWales
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition IsFactionLeader
    and CharFactionType england

Affects PrinceofWales 0 Chance 100

I was under the impression that 1 added the trait and 0 removed it. I've also tried this using -1 instead of 0, but with no luck.

I'm also trying to award a unique trait- is it possible to do this so that other characters meeting the conditions do not receive it as well? I noticed the Condition HasAncType Title kind of thing in the docudemon conditions file but nothing similar for traits. Can this be done?

Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by Dave1984; 12-06-2006 at 22:46.

Quote Originally Posted by d1ng0d0g
    Question One: Is it possible to create new Types of Ancillaries as I did with the type Title ?

Question Three: What (if possible) is the code to check for the existence of an ancillary ?

Question Four: If Question two is possible, can I count the number of ancillaries of that type and how ?

Question Five: If Question Three is possible, can I count the number of ancillaries that are following a condition and how?

Question Six: OR Statements are done by "and not" ?

Question Seven: Is it even possible to trigger traits from the existence of ancillaries ??

Okay, I think I have asked enough questions now, but I'm merely bustling with ideas at the moment.

Dingo

1) Have to experiment with it but I think yes.

2) 3) 4) 5) I_WorldwideAncillaryExists and FactionwideAncillaryExists should do the trick... to count them you should use a counter and assign them through scripting

6) "and not" is, unsurprisingly, and not... not an "or"... you have to write different scripts with the other conditions you wanna test.

7) hmmm just if it's your father testing with condition FatherAnc... HasAncType just test the type of the ancillary