Thread: My EB08 install file is corrupt?

Default My EB08 install file is corrupt?

I can't seem to get the installation file to work :(
    When I start the EB08-setup.exe it starts saying checking integrity, then it starts unpacking, and then, when the unpacking is done, it complains about a file that it cannot find:

c:\Documents and Settings\ägare\Application Data\Europa Barbarorum\install\6DAEAD9\eb08take2.msi

... and then promptly shuts down. I have installed a fresh 1.5 rtw. I also looked in the Europa Barbarorum folder that the installer complains about not finding files in, and all I find is another folder called Europa barbarorum wich only contains an empty folder called install. It is nowhere nere to the folder where I have rtw installed. Does anybody know what the problem could be? Corrupted EB08-setup.exe? Bad rtw installation?
    I really want to play this mod. Any help would be nice.

I have tried to download from two different mirrors and had the same result.

Professional Lurker Member Bava's Avatar
    Somewhere with a cold Augustiner in my hands

Default Re: My EB08 install file is corrupt?

c:\Documents and Settings\ägare\Application Data\Europa Barbarorum\install\6DAEAD9\eb08take2.msi

Had the same prob, search in your windows Documents and Settings folder.

i found my EB install in the applications folder but under a slightly different user name. In your case it should be :ägare or something like that.

Hope that helps!
    "Well, whenever I'm confused, I just check my underwear. It holds the answer to all the important questions." - Grandpa Simpson

Default Re: My EB08 install file is corrupt?

THANK YOU!!!:D
    There it is! Seems the EB-installer doesn't know swedish letters...