Thread: Saka bugs

Default Saka bugs

I noticed that Saka familymembers have a bodyguard of Pontic Spahbet (Persian Bodyguard). Shouldn't that be (Early) Saka Nobles (Saka Bodyguard cavalry)? I noticed some rebel familymembers in neighbouring villages have them as bodyguard. Currently, you can build the Early Saka Nobles at Chighu from the beginning on. Further down the game, a general that became a family member through mariage and a grown-up family member (Coming of age) get Saka Cataphracts as bodyguard, which is probably what it's supposed to be?

Bin-Kath and Gava-Saka have a building in it called 'Nomadism - Error' with a text description that this shouldn't be visible and advises me to report it. Well, here I go.

The droptext that appears when holding the mouse over a Saka familymember sais 'Sauromatae family member', where offcourse that should be 'Saka family member'. For Faction leaders, heirs and faction capitals the droptext is correctly saying 'Saka x'.
    Last edited by Lucasiewicz; 12-07-2006 at 11:43.

Father of the EB Isle Member Aymar de Bois Mauri's Avatar
    Staring West at the setting sun, atop the Meneltarma

Default Re: Saka bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Lucasiewicz
    I noticed that Saka familymembers have a bodyguard of Pontic Spahbet (Persian Bodyguard). Shouldn't that be (Early) Saka Nobles (Saka Bodyguard cavalry)? I noticed some rebel familymembers in neighbouring villages have them as bodyguard. Currently, you can build the Early Saka Nobles at Chighu from the beginning on. Further down the game, a general that became a family member through mariage and a grown-up family member (Coming of age) get Saka Cataphracts as bodyguard, which is probably what it's supposed to be?
    This will been corrected for 0.81.

Different bug, occuring with the same faction, here.

I tried a custom battle, and noticed that the Saka Agemata Hellenikon have rather weird shields when running. They are swinging back and forth, whilst rotating in the air. And the most odd of all, is that they're not attached to any kind of limb of the handler...

Perhaps, something went wrong with the animation or with image mapping?
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios

I tried a custom battle, and noticed that the Saka Agemata Hellenikon have rather weird shields when running. They are swinging back and forth, whilst rotating in the air. And the most odd of all, is that they're not attached to any kind of limb of the handler...

This is strange. The same was reported on another unit with bows, but I'm unable to reproduce it in my build.

Quote Originally Posted by Aymar de Bois Mauri
    This is strange. The same was reported on another unit with bows, but I'm unable to reproduce it in my build.
    The Arachosian Cavalry do something quite similary when attacking, their shield seems to wave around far more than it should.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Quote Originally Posted by Lucasiewicz
    Bin-Kath and Gava-Saka have a building in it called 'Nomadism - Error' with a text description that this shouldn't be visible and advises me to report it. Well, here I go.
    In my campaign those cities have those also.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

In response to the bin-kath error I reported in another thread TA said this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou
    Yeah, ignore those issues in bin-kath. We have a much bigger issue with "Western Greek" popping up and we sorta solved it at least in terms of the graphics part, but the descriptions are still wrong. It will be solved in 0.82 probably, but I doubt in this 0.81 patch (which isn't messing with export_buildings.txt much).

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios

Well, in my pre-0.81 build this is not happening.