Thread: Persistent crashing on capture of Kart-Hadst with Romans

Default Persistent crashing on capture of Kart-Hadst with Romans

Title says it all.

Firstly, I have to to say I am really enjoying this mod so far and I'd love to continue playing it. I captured Kart-Hadst previously and called a ceasefire with the Carthaginians, but they declared war and took it back and when I retake it, the game CTDs. I tried to take it without the script active and the game still crashes.

Default Re: Persistent crashing on capture of Kart-Hadst with Romans

Just tried a few more things. Moving, changing the turn without the script active then attacking, changing the turn then activating the script and attacking... but the same thing keeps happening. When the screen for the execute/enslave/occupy is supposed to come up it CTDs. I have been assualting the city because it has 12 turns to siege it and they only have one unit... I'll see if starving them makes a difference.
    Last edited by clench; 12-10-2006 at 00:01.

Thanks for those details. We will try to work on this, but nothing immediate springs to mind. Details like that though are what we need to try and fix it!

Well.. starving didn't work... because the Carthaginians from the south came with a sweet army of elite african spearmen, swordsmen, 2 generals, 1 sacred band, and a 3 cubit launcher.. I even took a position at the bridge just south of Karth-Hadst and they slaughtered my pre-polybian army like it wasn't even there :(

Quote Originally Posted by clench
    Title says it all.

Firstly, I have to to say I am really enjoying this mod so far and I'd love to continue playing it. I captured Kart-Hadst previously and called a ceasefire with the Carthaginians, but they declared war and took it back and when I retake it, the game CTDs. I tried to take it without the script active and the game still crashes.
    Are the Karthaginian Faction Leader and Heir in this army?

Now sporting a classic avatar! Member fallen851's Avatar

Sounds like the solution is for you to brush up on your battle skills, and not let them retake Kart-Hadst, and even more important, not getting spanked by the AI during a bridge battle, forcing to end the siege.

On a more serious note, I hope the EB team figures out this one.
    "It's true that when it's looked at isolated, Rome II is a good game... but every time I sit down to play it, every battle, through every turn, I see how Rome I was better. Not unanimously, but ultimately." - Dr. Sane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6eaBtzqqFA#t=1h15m33s