Thread: Compensation for shortcomings

Default Compensation for shortcomings

I love playing as the brutii, Roman discipline and port city wealth. Though they are lacky in cavalry variety. I made up with that by simply using one brand, Roman cavalry cheap and easy to use, and after defeating the main spear factions, Greece and Macedon ( and letting the other Romans take care of the rest) my cavalry reign supreme, they are my shock troops and my key element lies in the mass charge (212-264 horses bearing down on infantry that is at most 120 men strong (eastern spearmen, and yes I do attack from sides and behind, I let my infantry take them on front first.).

So there, I turned A short coming into an advantage. How have You done the same?

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Default Re: Compensation for shortcomings

I used the AI's shortcomings (eg lack of tactics and/or common sense) to crush them under my boot, whether playing as Julii, Gaul, Britannia or Iberia.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Default Re: Compensation for shortcomings

after the reforms Rome has no weaknesses it adds best morale in game with the best range of unit choicres its a shame they can only buy the odd mercanary elephant unit though. has anyone been able to buy mecenary chariots or do they not exist?