Thread: Roman recruitment in Spain (0.8)

She pushed me ... Member Arkatreides's Avatar

Default Roman recruitment in Spain (0.8)

It seems I am no longer able to recruit any Iberian troops in Spain as the Romani. Is this intended or a bug?

We can clone a sheep but we cannot clone a single photon.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default Re: Roman recruitment in Spain (0.8)

There is nothing available to the first tier of local MIC. You have to build levels 2 and 3. A little deceiving...

Thanks, I just started my conquest of Spain and was wondering the same thing. It's getting old having to send cheap troops all the way from my peninsular cities just to garrison spain and the local mercenaries are way expensive to upkeep!

She pushed me ... Member Arkatreides's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    There is nothing available to the first tier of local MIC. You have to build levels 2 and 3. A little deceiving...
    Thanks a lot ... that really threw me!

We can clone a sheep but we cannot clone a single photon.

There are some places where the level 2 local MIC doesn't allow any recruitment. Just offhand, I think that category includes the Western Mediterranean islands -- Sardinia, Corsica, and Bochorris (or whatever Palma was renamed...) -- Segestica, and several of the interior Iberian cities.

At some point, can I recruit some local troops? Is there any way to tell without building from the get-go, so that I can plan my buildup accordingly?

Quote Originally Posted by Redigo
    There are some places where the level 2 local MIC doesn't allow any recruitment. Just offhand, I think that category includes the Western Mediterranean islands -- Sardinia, Corsica, and Bochorris (or whatever Palma was renamed...) -- Segestica, and several of the interior Iberian cities.

At some point, can I recruit some local troops? Is there any way to tell without building from the get-go, so that I can plan my buildup accordingly?
    I noticed this too. And I really miss the fact I can't recruit Baleric Slingers. Though you can walk a general from Narbo to Gades and build yourself a full stack of B Slingers.

EB2 Baseless Conjecturer Member blacksnail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redigo

The plan is to ensure that there is some kind of recruitment. I'm looking into something that will "cap" regional MICs at their max level of possible recruitment, but that's for 0.82 or later.