Poll: Is Migrating a Viable Gameplay Option?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Migration

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Migration

After reading a RTW topic on the org a while ago, I got hooked on Migrating factions to random places. I would load Armenia up, and go attack the Roman Factions...stuff like that.

Currently in M2TW I havent tried this to any great success (ie. England and France having 3 provinces in Middle East doesnt generate income...no provenices at home)

Do you think this is a viable gaming twist? Having awsome fun as Spain etc around Europe...not much of a move but fun none the less.

So your thoughts etc would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Default Re: Migration

not sure if this is exactly what you mena but as the poles I always cursade earlly - taking out the byzantines on the way and move my capital to. constantinople. I will usually then take out the turks and egyptians fairly swiflt post crusade giving me a very eastern empire.
    the natural towns and castles for the poles to take dont generate much income so you generate alot more money if you relocate to greece/turkey.

im not sure if this is exactly what you mean though as i didnt move out of my old cities (though i did consider giving them to the pope!)

not sure if this is exactly what you mena but as the poles I always cursade earlly - taking out the byzantines on the way and move my capital to. constantinople. I will usually then take out the turks and egyptians fairly swiflt post crusade giving me a very eastern empire.
    the natural towns and castles for the poles to take dont generate much income so you generate alot more money if you relocate to greece/turkey.

im not sure if this is exactly what you mean though as i didnt move out of my old cities (though i did consider giving them to the pope!)

Dispensing plasmids one bacteria at a time...

You have some very interesting poll options, pevergreen.
    "Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?"

--Fry, Futurama, the show that does not advocate the cool crime of robbery

It most certainly is a viable game option, and it kicks ass. It's great to migrate a catholic faction to the Holy Land and continue as a true Kingdom of Heaven.
    Yalla! My Sultan wishes you dead!

Prussian Musketeer Member Faenaris's Avatar

It is a fun option, aye. I have migrated the HRE to the Mediterranean (Near Sicily) and I'm fighting off the Moors. It has been slow going though, lack of resources and I didn't want to attack full on before I had Zweihanders. So, I spent a LOT of turns building up and I fought off several Sieges near Tunis. The Governor is now a Chivalric Legend and his offspring are following their father's footsteps.
    Signature by Atterdag

"Hunde, wollt ihr ewig leben?" ("Dogs, do you want to live forever?") - Frederick II of Prussia at the battle of Kolin when adressing his fleeing Prussian soldiers.

Blog Entries

By Migrating i mean building up a 20 unit stack (at least) and transporting them somewhere else. For instance in Rome i moved Armenia from their homeland to Rome. Full migration means you have no units in your home provinces and you risk it all by not getting sunk. So Migrating Egypt for example (in M2TW) could be moving them to England, where eeveryone else has bonuses for terrain and you dont, and making a kingdom there. But you immediately abandon any regions you started with, so as soon as you conquer your first city/castle, it becomes your capital and only province. And you work from there.

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen
    So Migrating Egypt for example (in M2TW) could be moving them to England, where eeveryone else has bonuses for terrain and you dont, and making a kingdom there.
    You just described my current Moors campaign
    Yalla! My Sultan wishes you dead!

Senior Member Senior Member katank's Avatar

It's quite viable for the Russians and makes more sense than for most other factions.

In RTW, I've also done the Scythians in Spain routine. (pillage all the way across the map and arrive in Iberia with loads of cash and a veteran army).

Blog Entries

Nice, may have to try one for the Russians yet...they may be fun.
    Havent used anyone non catholic yet....i like heavy infantry too much.