Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The patch is here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The patch is here

http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotal...ID=11702.topic

Enjoy

Moderator edit: Some advice on installation - to install the patch, unzip it and then run the .exe. It will ask you for a directory - choose or make a temporary one, because this is for the extracting the patch installing (it is not asking for your M2TW directory). When you have extracted the installer, run the setup file and it will automatically locate your M2TW directory and update it.[/i]
    Last edited by econ21; 12-15-2006 at 17:55.

Default Re: The patch is here

And for comic relief while you wait for the download, read all 12 pages of the "Where is the £$%ing patch" thread on the official totalwarforum.

Amphibious Trebuchet Salesman Member Whacker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nokem
    And for comic relief while you wait for the download, read all 12 pages of the "Where is the £$%ing patch" thread on the official totalwarforum.
    That's a good question. Right now it's showing as "not available yet" for me.

"Justice is the firm and continuous desire to render to everyone
    that which is his due."
    - Justinian I

it works now. Installiiiing!

Yep, working for me too now. :)

please, please with cherry on top - could someone of you lucky ones please upload the patch to rapidshare or another file hosting site? because the link to gamershell says - file not available.

I would but I dont know how to

Downloading from their dutch multikabel server, less than a minute.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Default Sv: The patch is here

did a few custom battles, it seems the unit cohesion bug is fixed.
    I tried 3 rank formation and 7 rank formation and not one rank stood back.

For some of us working, would it be possible for someone to copy paste the content of the blog? As the darn security roles prohibit certain pages at work

Thanks
    "A Plátói szerelem olyan, mint kívülről nyalogatni a lekváros üveget!!!"

Clan Takiyama Senior Member R'as al Ghul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daffius
    For some of us working, would it be possible for someone to copy paste the content of the blog? As the darn security roles prohibit certain pages at work

Thanks
    Here you are:

Medieval 2:Total War Update 1

Major Fixes
    ========

-Fix crash in Deathtrack MP map with empty Team 3 slot
    -Fixed Battle AI - armies not engaging enemies at close range.
    -Fixed CTD when client attempts to join game that the host is ending.
    -Fixed instances when A.I is passive on the campaign map and lets the user win on a campaign battle when stuck in-front of open gates.
    -Fixed loop between the windows for 'Possible Connection Problems' and 'Really Quit?'
    -Fixed AI: Calvary not charging a spearmen army in a Custom Battle.
    -Fixed cavalry not attacking - instances when AI sieges a town with infantry and Calvary, if the infantry die and rout and the player still holds the city, the cavalry do not attack nor rout.
    -Fixed passive Siege Attack AI
    -Fixed Timurids crash (related to elephant artillery not having enough riders, CTD when trying to shoot)
    -Fixed Siege Attack AI trying to attack the back of settlements.
    -Fixed Passive attack AI
    -Fixed Cavalry charge consistency and power. (Still raise and lower lances occasionally)
    Added ModTool Unpacker
    -Fixed Crash - Auto resolving a siege battle on Gaza and repeatedly Right - Clicking the settlement
    -Fixed Merchant Resource value dropping after load/save
    -Fixed CTD caused by Turks AI
    -Fixed Cavalry not flanking spear walls
    -Fixed AI not crossing river to attack (River Jordan)
    -Reduced the effect of morale - enemy AI does not rout so easily
    -Reduced the power of inquisitors
    -Fixed 'move to point' crash
    -MP Multinational support
    -Fixed Cavalry sallying out and not attacking (bunching at corner of settlement)

Medium Level Fixes
    =============

-Fix construction crash when converting settlements when buildings relating to initial settlement existed in construction queue.
    -Fixed Settlement still showing as under siege even though sieging army had been defeated.
    -Fixed repeating missions
    -Fixed indecisive infantry / broken formation (when ordered to a location they would head in the wrong direction first)
    -Fixed being able to open gates with siege towers or embed them in walls
    -Fixed victory video not always appearing
    -Diplomacy - AI no longer counters an open proposition with a gift.
    -Fixed deployment lines being rendered incorrectly around ambient buildings
    -Fixed Enemy units remain stationary with flags flashing when ladders are thrown off a destroyed wall in a siege.
    -Fixed the carroccio standard not fitting through gates
    -Fixed gunpowder units being stuck reforming
    -Fixed trebuchets disappearing and reappearing when zooming
    -Tweaked morale system
    -Partially fixed units moving through settlement buildings.
    -Units now check if destination is in a building or not.
    -Enabled command-line switch to allow unlimited soldiers (removes message)
    -Fixed MP player-names being lost on battle results screen if they quit the battle early
    -Fixed the ability for a user to 'buff' their assassin experience by continually assassinating different captains

Other Fixes
    ========

-Fix difficulty level in MP (Affects Morale). Previously defaulting to Normal.
    -Fix lobby tooltip that showed incorrect unit sizes.
    -Fix Florins display during diplomacy
    -Fix Money field looping into negative/positive value when removing / adding money
    -Fix overlapping and incorrectly sized deployment zones
    -Fixed cut-off graphics in civil disorder message
    -Fixed unclear 'Start Diplomacy' button functionality
    -Fixed MP Admit Defeat button functionality
    -Fixed missions showing as expired even though they have been completed
    -Fixed mouse-overs showing incorrect diplomatic information
    -Fixed minor FE Historical Battle error (shield remaining highlighted)
    -Fixed MP team chat - colours now match recipient and sender.
    -Fixed minor audio issue - Audio: Campaign Map when an English Spy is ordered to join an English army he triggers two "Joins_Army" speeches.
    -Fixed minor audio issue - Campaign Map when an English Merchant is ordered to disembark a boat, two "Movement_Disembark" speeches are triggered.
    -Fixed Mine income
    -Fixed MP ignore/ban toggle permanently banning player from chat
    -Fixed - Making an offer gives a blank scroll on the Diplomacy Scroll, but removing the offer gives the player help text
    -Fixed Mouse Cursor not updating when over certain parts of the UI.
    -Fixed miscalculation of some naval unit movement points.
    -Fixed units not leaving an army when ordered to abandon it.
    -Fixed 'Possible Connection Problems' message not appearing if user alt-tabs
    -Fixed On campaign map, castles appear under 'town' or 'city' title on UI
    -Fixed Reinforcements box remains greyed when the user deselects 'Attempt a night battle'
    -Fixed double speed on units that should only go at one speed.
    -Fixed Stakes not appearing correctly in weather conditions
    -Fixed non-functional help button on ransom scrolls
    -Fixed intro movies playing at x3 speed in Historical battles
    -Fixed transfer army functionality - When transferring men the transfer resets after viewing the description
    -Fixed Gunpowder units running forward when given targets.
    -Fixed clumping units when they are told to do a 180 degree turn
    -Fixed stuck Camera issues
    -Fixed Fleeing units rallying at breached walls or gates of settlements they are attacking when they should not

Singleplayer: Download beta_8
    Multiplayer: Download beta_5.All.in.1
    I'll build a mountain of corpses - Ogami Itto, Lone Wolf & Cub
    Sometimes standing up for your friends means killing a whole lot of people - Sin City, by Frank Miller

Thank you!!
    "A Plátói szerelem olyan, mint kívülről nyalogatni a lekváros üveget!!!"

<Insert Custom User Title> Member Dan.o6's Avatar

w00t! Downloaded and installed in 2 mins.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16GHz
    XFX Geforce 9800GTX 512mb
    XFX nForce 680i SLI Motherboard
    4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 RAM
    2x Seagate Barracuda 250GB 7200RPM
    Windows Vista Ultimate SP1

Downloaded and installed, haven't toyed with the unpacker yet.

My brand spanking new impressions...

1. Unit cohesion seems to have improved markedly. Still could use some elbow grease, but it definitely feels better. Chasing down routers is still a bit lame, but at least they don't go all over kingdom come when doing so.

2. Infantry gunpowder reforming bug still exists. Jan. Musk. vs. Timurid Muskephants, my Jan's still get stuck in the reforming bit, BUT they will occasionally get a random shot off. Same with Jan. Musk. vs Scottish Noble Archers, they'll keep trying to reform instead of shooting and reloading.

3. As expected, the 2-hander bug still exists. My billmen won't swing a horses. Going to investigate the fix that Lusted and others came up with.

Overall not too bad for a first effort.

that which is his due."
    - Justinian I

Good first impression here as well. Popped back home from work for a quick half hour burst on it just to see what it would be like. Attacked a 2/3 english stack with my full stack of milanese. I didn't get beaten but it was certainly a much action packed affair with the english having a good go at it. Suffered 300 casualties for 600 of theirs which I thought was ok considering I left my formation as the standard formation you start the battle with.

Pity the 2h bug isn't fixed yet but I'll go with putting Lusted's fix in place this weekend instead. At least the passive ai one is now sorted out
    --------------------

"The Romans didn’t build an Empire by having meetings, they built it by killing all those who opposed them"

Thumbs up Re: The patch is here

Seems like a good patch although some of my archers still think they're superman.

AI seems harder. It tried to flank my general (who was waiting on the east side of York to smash peasents as my spearment engaged them), with archers by moving out the north side. Turned out to be a bad move on the AI's part as the archers got mangled in a charge. Still better than anything it tried pre-patch.

Plus I suffered more losses in a bad rear charge against spearmen (didn't see em in with the peasants). Probably due to not killing as many in the initial charge

Shouldn't this be stickied?
    "No Plan survives Contact with the Enemy."

Quote Originally Posted by Whacker
    3. As expected, the 2-hander bug still exists. My billmen won't swing a horses. Going to investigate the fix that Lusted and others came up with.
    It's weird that the TotalWarBlog.com entry specifically mentions the improved axemen and billmen. Yet it's not mentioned in the bug fixes nor, based on your experience, any more effective.

Hmmmph.

-Fizz

Default Sv: Re: The patch is here

Quote Originally Posted by Fizz
    It's weird that the TotalWarBlog.com entry specifically mentions the improved axemen and billmen. Yet it's not mentioned in the bug fixes nor, based on your experience, any more effective.

Hmmmph.
    That because that is the planned fixes for the 2nd patch.

2. Infantry gunpowder reforming bug still exists. Jan. Musk. vs. Timurid Muskephants, my Jan's still get stuck in the reforming bit, BUT they will occasionally get a random shot off. Same with Jan. Musk. vs Scottish Noble Archers, they'll keep trying to reform instead of shooting and reloading.
    I think the issue here is that when the unit is under fire, they will sooner or later lose parts of their third rank and that messes up their rotation cycle because they cannot properly rotate a full rank anymore. Haven't tried with more than three ranks yet but the bug before was that they wouldn't fire anymore at all, now they just fire less often which seems normal considering that they are missing some men who would be able to fire in the gaps. The remaining musketeers simply won't reload faster so I guess they rotate until the entire frontline has loaded muskets and then fire a volley. If you don't like it, put them on skirmish which ends the rotation completely, they will now kneel to reload and then fire again, but not in volleys(you can imagine the men from the rear give their muskets to them men from the front and play reloaders, maybe it's even meant this way).

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by Husar
    I think the issue here is that when the unit is under fire, they will sooner or later lose parts of their third rank and that messes up their rotation cycle because they cannot properly rotate a full rank anymore. Haven't tried with more than three ranks yet but the bug before was that they wouldn't fire anymore at all, now they just fire less often which seems normal considering that they are missing some men who would be able to fire in the gaps. The remaining musketeers simply won't reload faster so I guess they rotate until the entire frontline has loaded muskets and then fire a volley. If you don't like it, put them on skirmish which ends the rotation completely, they will now kneel to reload and then fire again, but not in volleys(you can imagine the men from the rear give their muskets to them men from the front and play reloaders, maybe it's even meant this way).
    Gruessen Sie Herr Husar

I only tend to use gunpowder units in two ranks, as they don't suffer from depth/rank penalties and hence kill rates improve. There doesn't seem to be much sense to the way they operate when under fire anyway, if the status given in the mouseover and their animations are evidence and accurate. When functioning normally and not taking hits, they'll fire and rotate as intended. Once under fire, they'll seemingly randomly switch between reforming, reloading, and idle and very rarely get a shot off. Skirmish and fire at will don't seem to make any differences in this. /shrug

that which is his due."
    - Justinian I

Chasing down routers is still a bit lame, but at least they don't go all over kingdom come when doing so.
    I have to retract this statement. They go all over the place still, spreading out in every direction instead of staying as a group.

that which is his due."
    - Justinian I

Still @ work and havent got the time to try the patch until I punch out...

I just wondering that is the passive AI still exists in most of the battle or the chances of having them is reduced??

To be honest, I dont really trust most ppl on the TWC (or .com) anymore (bunch of hypocritical whiners who dont critize constructively yet claim to do so + blow every negative bit way over proportion ).. I kinda need an really honest and no-BS assessment.

thanks in advance

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

thanks m8,downloaded in 2-4 mmiuntes :) :)!!

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

Ouch. Have to work for another 8 hours... But, from what I have read in other forums, it seems, the passive battle AI bug is still there and so is the seige bug. Any evidence among org-ers who already have their hands on the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Slaists
    Ouch. Have to work for another 8 hours... But, from what I have read in other forums, it seems, the passive battle AI bug is still there and so is the seige bug. Any evidence among org-ers who already have their hands on the patch?
    Which siege bug? Can you point to a thread? I can't confirm or deny either of those.

that which is his due."
    - Justinian I

Join the ICLADOLLABOJADALLA! Member IrishArmenian's Avatar

Downloading From Russia. I think the server is in the Northwest so it will take longer.

"Half of your brain is that of a ten year old and the other half is that of a ten year old that chainsmokes and drinks his liver dead!" --Hagop Beegan

Quote Originally Posted by IrishArmenian
    Downloading From Russia. I think the server is in the Northwest so it will take longer.
    РДТҀН ІИЅТАЬЬЄЛ, КОМГАЛЄ

that which is his due."
    - Justinian I

Join the ICLADOLLABOJADALLA! Member IrishArmenian's Avatar

РДТҀН ІИЅТАЬЬЄЛ, КОМГАЛЄ
    Hehehe. Only while installing the patch did I notice the greek mirror.

"Half of your brain is that of a ten year old and the other half is that of a ten year old that chainsmokes and drinks his liver dead!" --Hagop Beegan

So how do I delete those two files? I open the data folder, and all I see are other folders, no files. I tried to search for them in the whole M2TW folder, but that didn't work either.

Damned patch.

Azi
    "If you don't want to work, become a reporter. That awful power, the public opinion of the nation, was created by a horde of self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditch digging and shoemaking and fetched up journalism on their way to the poorhouse."
    Mark Twain 1881

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast