Thread: Staff Credentials

Default Staff Credentials

Hey EB Staff, I was just wondering what sort of jobs and positions you all hold... I read in the FAQ that many of you hold professional positions, particularly the researchers. I just thought it would be something interesting for all of us players to know.

Default Re: Staff Credentials

It might be interesting to list the positions of members without associating them directly with a member - some of us would not really be interested in saying exactly who we are. Mod development isn't something that can usually help get one tenure or a degree or even a job of any type.

FWIW, here is the latest map of members' locations that I could get people to fess up to:
    Last edited by Teleklos Archelaou; 12-16-2006 at 01:49.

Jedi Master Member spirit_of_rob's Avatar

you aint added me yet *sniffles*
    halfway down England on the west coast :) just above the lump that is wales
    Skinner/Modeller for EB

There's a Finnish member too? My nationalistic self just woke up.

VOXIFEX MAXIMVS Member Shigawire's Avatar

Heoll! Unlike Teleklos here, I have nothing to hide. I'm in the northern-most part of Norway, location also noted under my avatar.

My current job is as flight-ops duty officer for offshore helicopter operations, passengers and cargo to oil installations. Worked there for 2 years. I also work with 3d graphics and video editing as a freelancer, this work has not carried on into EB however. The only 3d work I have had in EB was to help people with technicalities of 3dstudio max, and sometimes fix some early mesh-errors. I remember Psycho V making a model of Gaesatae, and the testicles were 2000 polygons, the penis was 3000.. I fell out of my chair laughing as you can imagine. So I had to optimize those polygons.. and tell him that it's not a good idea to have more polygons on the genitalia than on the actual model.

Psycho V has made excellent models though.. so this was just a humorous oversight. Also happened once with the wheel on the Brihentin-helmets.

My work in EB has been mostly the voicemods and siege warfare, and various other things.

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE

EB II Romani Consul Suffectus Member Zaknafien's Avatar
    Somewhere inside the Military-Industrial Complex

I have nothing to hide either--except I work in US military intellignece and do top secret craziness all day..and yes, there are aliens.

Anyhoo, I don't do anything for EB, except read lots of books and make asinine comments occasionally. I write descriptions and other text for the Romani and basically assist with any historical research or suggestions for the faction to The FCs, Wigferth and Cunctator. I live in a dog house they made for me and get water every other day.

Heoll! --- Is that some sort of Vanir war cry? :)

"urbani, seruate uxores: moechum caluom adducimus. / aurum in Gallia effutuisti, hic sumpsisti mutuum." --Suetonius, Life of Caesar

EB Token Radical Member QwertyMIDX's Avatar

I'm a university student (first McGill, now Brown) in history and classics. I also work at a liqour store.
    History is for the future not the past. The dead don't read.

Operam et vitam do Europae Barbarorum.

History does not repeat itself. The historians repeat one another. - Max Beerbohm

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

I'm a Classics and English student at Exeter University. I am also an amateur archaelogist, when I have the time
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

EB2 Baseless Conjecturer Member blacksnail's Avatar

I do computer-related work in the National training department of the American Red Cross. I also write for pen-and-paper role-playing games.

Simulation Monkey Member The_Mark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thaatu
    There's a Finnish member too? My nationalistic self just woke up.
    Yep, we're everywhere. And me? I'm, eh, just a student. Definately.

In EB, I used to do formations, then scripting, but haven't got the time to do anything right now.

Quote Originally Posted by QwertyMIDX
    I'm a university student (first McGill, now Brown) in history and classics. I also work at a liqour store.
    Cool, I know a prof who taught at McGill...pretty good while back, though. But another grad student with me (a few years further along) is now at Brown, but in east asian history, not classics.
    "The mere statement of fact, though it may excite our interest, is of no benefit to us, but when the knowledge of the cause is added, then the study of history becomes fruitful." -Polybios

Wow, glad to see this response, it's really interesting to see how such a wide range of professional talents that have come together to create such a great product.

EB Token Radical Member QwertyMIDX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paullus
    Cool, I know a prof who taught at McGill...pretty good while back, though. But another grad student with me (a few years further along) is now at Brown, but in east asian history, not classics.
    Who did you know at McGill?

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Wow, glad to see this response, it's really interesting to see how such a wide range of professional talents that have come together to create such a great product.
    And the big guns aren't even talking, we're all the small frys so far.
    Last edited by QwertyMIDX; 12-17-2006 at 08:11.
    History is for the future not the past. The dead don't read.

Operam et vitam do Europae Barbarorum.

History does not repeat itself. The historians repeat one another. - Max Beerbohm