Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Scenario / Faction for Newbie?

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

Default Re: Best Scenario / Faction for Newbie?

I tried bribeing once late in the game when there were two rebel stacks in a province. I bribed one of them then let the two stacks fight in auto-calc because the one I bribed was smaller. I then moved into the province afterward and defeated what was left of the rebels. Mabey dumb and a waste of money but I wanted to see what would happen.
    Silence is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by ReluctantSamurai View Post
    Of course, bribing is usually for when you have an excess of koku. I've never seen an army I've bribed 'disappear without a fight.' And yes, sometimes you need to reinforce one especially if there are still enemy stacks in the province.
    I don't know what happened to it, I only bribed them because it was a 4 star general available for about 2k :)

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

Usually if a unit that is the target of a bribe seems to disappear, it has been destroyed after moving out of your visual range. If the unit is destroyed before the emissary can offer, it seems as if nothing happened. This has happened to me when trying to bribe 4-stars in central Japan while sweeping west; during that turn, the target moves out of visual range, is attacked, and destroyed (or the general is killed).

Bribing 4-star gens can be a very smart move--particularly if your clan is one of those with crappy leaders (or you are in a period when its good leaders have not yet arrived, or have already passed). I only bribe rebels though, usually with small stacks; rival clan generals are too expensive.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

Well I've played all of the Total War Games and this one without a doubt sucks the worst. I started the campain game as Shimazu and you get screwed not matter what you do. Before all is said and done everyone declares war on you and stops trading with you and kills all of the hostages. That leaves you without any infrastructue and in financial ruin. It's without a doubt the most ridiculous Total War I've ever owned. I can't believe you have to pay your own Ninja that you've bought and trained to do a service for you. If you haven't played the game you will not know what I'm talking about. I just don't see how anyone could win this game! It's fun for a while but when your money goes your done, the end. The best I can figure out is that the powers that be want you to play the multi player game online and not play Single Player because no way to win. I was within 3 provinces of winning and just said to hell with it and quit. I've been playing strategic games for alot of years and this is without a doubt crazy...so do not plan on winning unless someone comes up with a money fix or cheat.

You should be telling the truth to newbees. They will never win this campaign. It sucks...the only good thing about Shogun 2 is castles can be defended outside of that it's a no win situation....

Hello Royce,
    it seems your comments are for Shogun 2. If that is the case you better post them in the Tea House, the forum for S2:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forum...?312-Tea-House

In case you refer to STW, i have played many many camps as well as most other people and the game is absolutely winnable.

Although i haven't bought S2 yet the same appears to be true as many people already posted their screenshots of them winning the camp.
    Last edited by gollum; 03-25-2011 at 00:10.
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

So the new game is actually difficult... well this looks promising for a change...

Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar

So the new game is actually difficult
    Apparently some folks aren't used to losing
    High Plains Drifter

Have played Mtw 2 and mods Europa Barbarorum 2 and Stainless SteelI like the map set up of these games is Shogun a similar type of map setup ?

Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar

Maps in Shogun I are "Risk" style:

https://www.google.com/search?source...w=1920&bih=937

Samurai Warlords is a mod that adapts MTW map style to STW, along with improved unit stats.
    High Plains Drifter

I think best clans to start with are Shimazu followed by the Uesugi, due to their good starting position, rich lands plus the very good bonuses they get.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123