Thread: 1v1 MP Ladder

Auspicious Interceptor Member YellowMelon's Avatar

Default 1v1 MP Ladder

Since there isn't one on gamespy yet for some reason, I have decided to make the first official ladder of the community Shush, i know its not official but people will join it if I say it is, and im not saying its official for the game but for the community which is an abstract concept. See, me thinks good.

Since nothing exists for competition in the non clan sphere yet I have set this one up. Heres one for everyone to enjoy.

http://arena.gamespy.com/ladder/43906

Default Re: 1v1 MP Ladder

thanks melon.

see, here is a true gentlemen and scholar. Even with worst MP in all of the online gaming community we still have someone that will step up and make a ladder.

LOL, well i hate the quality of the MP as much as anyone, but for some reason I cant stop playing it. I think its because of the people that I continue to play and not because of the game itself.

Hey melon,

Just need a rule clarification. Is a challenge a one off battle, or a best of 3?

just a one unless you agree with your opponent to have another.

We are up to 30 members now and growing stronger. It is my goal to reach the 100 player mark by the end of January! Spread the word!

I have a nice tournament planned on the 21st of January, and I have provided a prize of $20 USD for the winner. (Shield's generosity is contageous). You must be a ladder player to participate. The tournament will run until it is finished so make sure you have time if you plan to win :)
    Last edited by YellowMelon; 12-23-2006 at 08:05.

My only problem with this is theres not a way to negotiate times. Somebody challenged me, put a time but I couldn't make that particular time. I'm sure thats not the only time all week he's going to be on med2 though. So I put in the "note section" where you accept my xfire and msn but no joy.

I'm up for the game and all but its kind of annoying not having a forums or anywhere to negotiate. I know making forums may make it a bit more formal than you wanted but I really think that they would help alot. You could register a free forum at invisionfree.com.

Just an idea.

You can set your available times, Monarch, and then they have to challenge you according to the time frame you allotted.

So I'm supposed to plan out my entire week ahead?

Thats practical :D

lol, well you can change it whenever you want :P I just threw down saturday afternoons when Im normally home. Its not the best system. I think I am going to allow more reschedules, but I have never adminn'd a ladder before so I am still testing out some things.

IE:

The challenge range...how far people can challenge up the ladder. Right now it is at 50%

The movement range...also at 50%

If you have any input I would be glad to hear it. I want the ladder settings to be finalized before the January minitourny.

Why the no arty and ele rule? That just encourages turtling. If anything you should limit the cav.

Turtling? This isn't dawn of war/aoe III ;)
    Last edited by Monarch; 12-28-2006 at 16:44.

lol, how do you turtle in M2TW? Ill crossbow through your turlte shell!

Read this.

Its an rts term, don't let it spread into our realms of obvious supremecy over the click fest noobs

Next we'll be running around yelling "IMBA, IMBA, IMBA!!!!!!1111ONE!"

Melon
    If you even touch any turtle, I (pround owner of beautiful turtle) will touch you.
    And how about small challenge - you are 1st, I'm 2nd. :)
    Last edited by KrooK; 12-28-2006 at 18:59.
    John Thomas Gross - liar who want put on Poles responsibility for impassivity of American Jews during holocaust

What the hell is turtling :P
    All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope - Sir Winston Churchill

Buying turtles
    "Cry, the beloved country, for the unborn child that is the inheritor of our fear. Let him not love the earth too deeply. Let him not laugh too gladly when the water runs through his fingers, nor stand too silent when the setting sun makes red the veld with fire. Let him not be moved when the birds of his land are singing, nor give too much of his heart to a mountain or a valley. For fear will rob him of all if he gives too much."

Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton.

I would be glad to Krook, I will be going back up to school tomorrow so anytime after that :)

are there any assumptions like if the challenger is to be the attacker and the challenged the defender or is that decided on the battlefield?