Thread: Game Crash Before Battle in Southern Mesopotamia

Default Game Crash Before Battle in Southern Mesopotamia

I've encountered a CTD, which occurs repeatedly. I'm playing as Hayasdan, and fighting the Seleucids in the province where the Tigris and Euphrates flow into the Persian Gulf (sorry forget the name, but historical Sumeria). The fight autoresolves fine, but when i try to fight on the battlemap, it loads partially and then crashes with the following message:

Rome: Total War
    Generic Error:
    Failed to find texture 'eb/data/models_unit/textures/celtic_heavy_infantry2.tga.psd'

I went back and checked: there is no celtic unit on either side. Strange. Ive run into this problem a few other times in the same province, since then. Hope this helps.

History Teacher Member Lord Hammerschmidt's Avatar

Default Re: Game Crash Before Battle in Southern Mesopotamia

I've had the same problem around the Hayasdan capital fighting the Seleucids. I think the offending unit is the Assilin Madarra'in, Saba Heavy Infantry. That's the only unit in my crash army that I've never seen before.
    Let me go back and face the peril!

That sure looks like it was just a wrong texture call - should be .tga.dds instead of .tga.psd. I'd bet Aymar has gotten this fixed already for the next immediate patch, but I'll let him reply here if he has.

Father of the EB Isle Member Aymar de Bois Mauri's Avatar
    Staring West at the setting sun, atop the Meneltarma

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou
    That sure looks like it was just a wrong texture call - should be .tga.dds instead of .tga.psd. I'd bet Aymar has gotten this fixed already for the next immediate patch, but I'll let him reply here if he has.
    I did. Not wrong texture call. It lacked the mercenary_unit atributte and was trying to load a faction skin that did not exist...