Thread: Major Crash problem

Default Major Crash problem

I am running this new version of EB for the first time; I have never downloaded any earlier version of this mod. It appears that almost every time I reach BC 198 the game crashes. There are also numerous other crashes I have experienced, always during the other factions' turns. I never get an error message, it just goes to my desktop...ideas?

Default Re: Major Crash problem

i get the same thing at about 240 bc, with no warnings

Now sporting a classic avatar! Member fallen851's Avatar

You should probably post up more information, like what nation you are, what has been happening recently, ect., and perhaps a saved game file.

What you said doesn't give the EB team much to work with.
    "It's true that when it's looked at isolated, Rome II is a good game... but every time I sit down to play it, every battle, through every turn, I see how Rome I was better. Not unanimously, but ultimately." - Dr. Sane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6eaBtzqqFA#t=1h15m33s

I have been playing as the Getai. Other than that there is no commonality, its different every time as far as I can see. Ig I can find a save game I will post it here.

I just hit my first CTD upon clicking End Turn. I have one city that I am expecting to revolt, so that may be causing problems...

Well, sorry it took so long to write back...

1. I am playing as the Romani, (of course :) ).
    2. I have conquered a good deal of space, but not the whole map, i.e., haven't moved into Africa or even Greece.
    3. I think I posted my saved game, so let me know...(actiually, maybe I did it wrong, how do I post a save file)?

I love this MOD, but it is so frustrating; I have started over like 4 times with similar (in fact, almost identical) results. Right around 198 BC it dies; typically, it is not during my turn, but rather why the PC is shuffling through the AI's turns.

EB2 Baseless Conjecturer Member blacksnail's Avatar

If you still have the save game, try these steps:

1) Complete your turn up to the point where you would normally hit "End Turn."
    2) Quit the game completely.
    3) Start RTW again
    4) Load that game
    5) Do NOT activate the script.
    6) Hit "End Turn."

Does it crash, or does it come back to your turn eventually?

I appreciate the advice, but what do you mean quit the game--do I save first, I take it? Maybe I should just upload a game (and how do I do this)?

2)Save the game, and then completely exit from the program.

You would locate your save file, C:\Program Files\...\EB\saves, then go to a site like www.senduit.com, upload the file, and post here. I've read something about EB having a FTP to upload to? but personally don't know anything about it.

EB2 Baseless Conjecturer Member blacksnail's Avatar

Gah, sorry, as gazius says - save THEN quit. I lost that in the editing.

My version of this CTD happens when I hit end turn around 235 BC. I'm playing the romani and I'm making conquests in Illyria and the Peloponnese, all the way down the coast, shielding my eastern flank with fortresses. The CTD happens during the factions turn, more precisely when the Epirotes throw a huge stack on Dambrakia, which I have conquered a few seasons ago. Reloading and ending turn without script enabled, makes no difference. What does make a small difference, is changing the circumstances a little, like placing a unit in the Epirotes' way. That bought me one turn, but then the Epirotes threw another stack at my city and .. CTD.

And to the entire team ... you did a great job .. I particularly like the new MIC/gov/reforms/recruitment system. Makes the Romani a very enjoyable faction.

If you can tell us what city is revolting, we can check and see if we can get you corrected rebellion entries. (if you think the Epeirotes took their stack out of a city and then that city revolted - look at the contentment there - then let us know what city it was).
    Last edited by Teleklos Archelaou; 12-22-2006 at 17:26.

Loaded again ... this time the Epirotes are besieging Epidamnos ... I autoresolved my battle with KH to the south and watched what Epiros does during its turn (tried this a few times) ... It seems that what they are doing to my city/cities does not make a difference when it comes to CTD or not. But since they're also in a fight with KH, it might have something to do with them drawing droops from Pella, which they currently hold. I checked Public order in Pella and it's pretty bad, with around 80 when half a stack is stationed there, so it could be that. I think I noticed a few times that just before the CTD, a green/red movement line appeared on the map, originating from pella. However, due to the fact that for now Epiros seems to be making different decisions during its turn (keeping a few troops in Pella, though I'm not sure they haven't done that all the time) , I've not had a CTD for two turns.