Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Daveybaby's Guide to Guilds

Default Re: Daveybaby's Guide to Guilds

Thanks ,very helpful...

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Still a great guide.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The "partisan militia" listed as the unit France receives for the Mason's guild is the voulge militia. For some reason it is listed in the data files as partisan but they are the same unit.

Oho i was trying like forever to gain th hassasim unit...didn;t even bother to think it was related to assassins recrutment rate....10x and great job on the Thread.
    My deepest fear is not that I am inadequate...my deepest fear is that I am powerful beyond measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveybaby View Post
    Yeah, thats a great thread, particularly w.r.t. modding. Also lots of good stuff about guild missions, plus a mention of what in hindsight is blatantly obvious - if you simply build and demolish a low level building over and over again you should be able to get some of the trickier guilds - cant believe i never thought of that before.

e.g.

For Mason's Guild, repeatedly build and destroy leather tanner or town hall.
    For Swordsmith's Guild (if youre one of the factions that cant just build swordsmen to get it) repeatedly build and destroy leather tanner.
    For Woodsman's Guild (if youre not english) repeatedly build and destroy brothels.

Havent actually tried this yet, but it should work according to the conditions in the textfiles.
    Actually only russia needs to go the tanner route: egypt and turkey just builds a few assassins and kills some poor soul or two... they get offered assassins guild soon enough: train about 6 hashashim and start building yout armorsmith line of buildings at same time. When you got 6 hashashim or so destroy the assasasins guild and soon enough swordsmith guild will pop up. Why you ask me... because it its less boring

Quote Originally Posted by sabaku no gaara View Post
    That's a wonderfull guide, I was wondering if anyone has ever managed to go beyond the first Masons guild?

I can manage to get the first one, but I never seem to get the upgraded guilds even if I completely bankrupt myself by building the needed buildings I can't seem to get the masons guild to improve.

has anyone ever mannaged and how did you do it?
    I started a new campaign with Egypt to try and get a Mason's Guild's HQ. I calculated how much mason guild points I could get with either Alexandria (city) or Gaza (Castle). I decided to go with Gaza so I could also build all the bowyer series buildings and then switch to a city later. I upgraded the bowyer and barracks series to the final citadel levels and then changed Gaza into a city (turn 60).

When Gaza changed into a city I was offered the Mason's Guild (turn 62), the next turn the Master Mason's Guild (turn 63). On turn 126 I was finally offered the Mason's Guild HQ.
    Last edited by JLdeWeers; 10-11-2012 at 01:32.

And of course many thanks to Daveyaby for this guide.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123