EB with BI:

- have a proper 1.6 BI with EB

- Make a shortcut with a targetline:

Code:
    "your install folder\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:eb -nm -show_err
    - make a copy of
    Code:
    your install folder\eb\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    and rename that copy to barbarian_invasion (you should now have two folders in that location)

- make a copy of
    Code:
    your install folder\eb\data\text\imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt
    and rename that copy to: barbarian_invasion_regions_and_settlement_names.txt.

-delete
    Code:
    your install folder\eb\data\world\maps\base\map.rwm
    Fire up EB through your newly created shortcut and you'll find campaign and custom battle working with BI (at least I did )

Professional Lurker Member Bava's Avatar
    Somewhere with a cold Augustiner in my hands

Default Re: EB with BI

I read the thread "How to play with BI-exe", pretty confusing i have to say.

I decided to make things not overly complicated and simply changed the eb-shortcut to the bi-exe and...it works.

It looks like this (EB 0.8 is just the old RTW folder):
    "D:\Games\EB 0.8\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -nm

Stable as a rock, 2 full campaigns with 5 CTDs overall.

The only thing that might be a problem related to BI were rebel stacks with gold upgrades but that happened only twice.

Edit: Found it https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=74213
    Last edited by Bava; 12-21-2006 at 00:17.
    "Well, whenever I'm confused, I just check my underwear. It holds the answer to all the important questions." - Grandpa Simpson

EBII Mapper and Animator Member -Praetor-'s Avatar

Okey, I`m going to try changing the path of the Eb shortcut from RTW.exe to BI.exe.

Thanks!!!!

As I said elsewhere a few days ago custom and historical battles do not work playing with BI exe! Has anyone found the problem?

Professional Lurker Member Bava's Avatar
    Somewhere with a cold Augustiner in my hands

Maybe BI has a different folder structure? Dunno...

Until this prob is solved i have 2 shortcuts on my desktop, one BI (for campaigns) , one RTW 1.5 (for custom battles).

Edit: i forgot to add that you need to select a provincial campaign in order to play an imperial campaign.
    Last edited by Bava; 12-22-2006 at 15:08.
    "Well, whenever I'm confused, I just check my underwear. It holds the answer to all the important questions." - Grandpa Simpson

I suggest starting your campaign with RomeTW.exe, then saving and loading it using RomeTW-BI.exe. If you start your campaign with BI you won't be able to apply certain preferences like "disable battle timer" and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeb
    I suggest starting your campaign with RomeTW.exe, then saving and loading it using RomeTW-BI.exe. If you start your campaign with BI you won't be able to apply certain preferences like "disable battle timer" and the like.

You go into game options and it says something akin to "Enbattle campaign battle timer" or something like that. Infact, your able to apply every preference you want in BI that you can in RTW. One more infact, which can be ported to RTW but its not of much use since it screws up the EB scripts.

Huh. Didn't even think to do that. I'm used to setting my prefs on the faction selection screen. When I start an EB campaign using BI the only options are the difficulty settings and the "manage all settlements" option.

fancy assault unit Member blank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeb
    Campaign saves made with RTW.exe don't work with BI.exe
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullheadhq View Post
    Now I can even store my dick in EB underwear

Quote Originally Posted by blank
    Campaign saves made with RTW.exe don't work with BI.exe
    Actually, they do.

Are there any benefits to using the BI executable instead of the 1.5 executable?

As K-raso said in the OP, slightly better AI and AI that isn't afraid to use ships to transport armies. The last one is the big advantage, otherwise the Punic Wars are kinda feeble, and poor Casse is screwed, blued, and tatooed. Of course, even with BI.exe, they're still blued and tatooed
    "Let us wrestle with the ineffable and see if we may not, in fact, eff it after all." -Dirk Gently, character of the late great Douglas Adams.

"As K-raso said in the OP, slightly better AI and AI that isn't afraid to use ships to transport armies. The last one is the big advantage, otherwise the Punic Wars are kinda feeble, and poor Casse is screwed, blued, and tatooed. Of course, even with BI.exe, they're still blued and tatooed "

So I see now. :=) Looks good. I may have to start doing this.
    Last edited by sages; 01-06-2007 at 03:18.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Oh how I love the BI.exe.

Playing as Qarthadast, the Romans invaded Corsica to start the First Punic War.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Gonna give it a try with 0.81 because I take there is no known serious issues playing with BI?

We already know that playing with BI.exe is more challenging. But we still do not know how to play custom battles with BI.exe because of CTDs . Has anyone found the problem?

Any help?

Cool Re: EB with BI

BI really does make a difference, as Rome I took Sardegna and Corsica, installed garrisons and returned my vet legion I used for retraining. Carthage sent like 2 stacks to retake Sardegna, so I sent my legion back there to capture it to find the Carthaginian stakes had sailed to Corsica and took that too. I'm chasing these assholes around the Tyrrannian. It's odd though, I did a Rome campaign with 1.5 and the fight for Sicily was downright bitter, I mean they were actually pushing me back at times and (I was trying). This time they havn't made any advances and I don't see any armies near Carthage or Lilibeum(sp?), but then I didn't before and they produced 2 stacks out of nowhere to take the islands back. We'll see what they do after I take Syracusa. Loving Bi.

Quote Originally Posted by cmlax999
    BI really does make a difference, as Rome I took Sardegna and Corsica, installed garrisons and returned my vet legion I used for retraining. Carthage sent like 2 stacks to retake Sardegna, so I sent my legion back there to capture it to find the Carthaginian stakes had sailed to Corsica and took that too. I'm chasing these assholes around the Tyrrannian. It's odd though, I did a Rome campaign with 1.5 and the fight for Sicily was downright bitter, I mean they were actually pushing me back at times and (I was trying). This time they havn't made any advances and I don't see any armies near Carthage or Lilibeum(sp?), but then I didn't before and they produced 2 stacks out of nowhere to take the islands back. We'll see what they do after I take Syracusa. Loving Bi.
    The problem with carthaginean Sicily and the roaming little tsorim stacks in Italy, wandering and trying to reach Iberia by land, are explained by the landbridge in the Messanna Strait.

I humbly ask to remove it.

If the AI wouldn`t interprete that Sicily is part of the continent, thus forming part of the same landmass on which is Iberia, thus trying to send reinforcements to Sicily, from Iberia, by land, thus rendering the island defenseless cuz of the delay of reinforcements...

...then the AI would send ships with reinforcements from carthage itself.

So, plz remove that landbridge. It`s causing trouble.

And perhaps, it may also cause problems with the carthaginean AI stacks in Iberia (they usually have 1 full stack in Hercules Columns, near Gadir, just sitting there). Dunno how the remotion of the landbridge in Sicily would affect something that happens in Gadir, but it`s worth trying...

Cheers!!!!

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by k_raso
    The problem with carthaginean Sicily and the roaming little tsorim stacks in Italy, wandering and trying to reach Iberia by land, are explained by the landbridge in the Messanna Strait.

I humbly ask to remove it.

If the AI wouldn`t interprete that Sicily is part of the continent, thus forming part of the same landmass on which is Iberia, thus trying to send reinforcements to Sicily, from Iberia, by land, thus rendering the island defenseless cuz of the delay of reinforcements...

...then the AI would send ships with reinforcements from carthage itself.

So, plz remove that landbridge. It`s causing trouble.

And perhaps, it may also cause problems with the carthaginean AI stacks in Iberia (they usually have 1 full stack in Hercules Columns, near Gadir, just sitting there). Dunno how the remotion of the landbridge in Sicily would affect something that happens in Gadir, but it`s worth trying...

Cheers!!!!
    The Problem is that official EB is for 1.5, and in 1.5 the landbridge is needed. This would have to go into the PE alterations catagory.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: EB with BI

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    The Problem is that official EB is for 1.5, and in 1.5 the landbridge is needed. This would have to go into the PE alterations catagory.
    It also happens in 1.5, I am quite sure of that. I haven't played a Romani campaign yet, but it also happens in Blue Lotus.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    That landbridge causes more troubles than the benefits it gives.

Besides, what`s the point of that landbridge, when the Romanii, in a good percentage of times, doesn`t conquer Rhegion?

Besides, the fact that in 1.6, agressive naval invasions are more frequent, doesn`t mean that 1.5 AI doesn`t try them altogether.

They are just less frequent (a lot, that`s true). But I`ve seen many times that the Romanii conquer Corsica and Sardinia...

Cheers!!!

Does anybody know how to do this? It's got to be a pretty simple fix. I still don't get why, then, 1.5 would be much harder in Sicily. Because in 1.6 they just ship troops straight to Iberia instead of sending them through Sicily? So essentially Sicily is so hard in 1.5 due to the AI being stupid, or less so then in 1.6? ..

I've been searching on the forum, but haven't found anything actually useful. How do I remove/add landbridges in my own game?

Master of Puppets Member hellenes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kaplan
    As I said elsewhere a few days ago custom and historical battles do not work playing with BI exe! Has anyone found the problem?
    I have the same problem...
    Its strange how Chivalry Total War plays fine with the BI exe....with custom and historical battles!!!

Edit:

FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!
    Hehehe!!!
    You just have to make a folder called: barbarian_invasion in the data/world/campaign folder and copy all the content of the imperial_campaign folder to that!!!!
    Ive just played a custom battle spartans vs pontus!!!
    Last edited by hellenes; 01-19-2007 at 01:51.
    Impunity is an open wound in the human soul.

ΑΙΡΕΥΟΝΤΑΙ ΕΝ ΑΝΤΙ ΑΠΑΝΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΙ ΚΛΕΟΣ ΑΕΝΑΟΝ ΘΝΗΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΔΕ ΠΟΛΛΟΙ ΚΕΚΟΡΗΝΤΑΙ ΟΚΩΣΠΕΡ ΚΤΗΝΕΑ

The best choose one thing in exchange for all, everflowing fame among mortals; but the majority are satisfied with just feasting like beasts.

Last!!!
    Thanks a lot Hellenes. I am at work now. I will try it this afternoon.

Hellenes, I can't seem to get it to work

I take it I have to copy the content of the "imperial_campaign" folder located in
    "Rome - Total War\EB\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign"

to a new made "barbarian_invasion" folder. But where do I have to place it?

I've got three "data/world/maps/campaign" folders (RTW, BI and EB).

In which one do I have to copy the files

Thx in advance

Janius, I have got the same problem. Any idea?

Master of Puppets Member hellenes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Janius
    Hellenes, I can't seem to get it to work

I take it I have to copy the content of the "imperial_campaign" folder located in
    "Rome - Total War\EB\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign"

to a new made "barbarian_invasion" folder. But where do I have to place it?

I've got three "data/world/maps/campaign" folders (RTW, BI and EB).

In which one do I have to copy the files

Thx in advance
    In the Rome - Total War\EB\Data\world\maps\campaign\ folder....
    Impunity is an open wound in the human soul.

ΑΙΡΕΥΟΝΤΑΙ ΕΝ ΑΝΤΙ ΑΠΑΝΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΙ ΚΛΕΟΣ ΑΕΝΑΟΝ ΘΝΗΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΔΕ ΠΟΛΛΟΙ ΚΕΚΟΡΗΝΤΑΙ ΟΚΩΣΠΕΡ ΚΤΗΝΕΑ

The best choose one thing in exchange for all, everflowing fame among mortals; but the majority are satisfied with just feasting like beasts.

Thx for the answer Hellenes

Hmm, I tried it, but I get a Windows Error

Could this be because I have Barbarian Invasion installed?

Not working for me either. I have got Bi + 1.6 patch installed.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast