Thread: Running MTW2 in Windowed Mode?

Default Running MTW2 in Windowed Mode?

Is it possible? Can you just add a -w command to it?

Anyone know ? :P
    Current Campaigns:

Prussian Musketeer Member Faenaris's Avatar

Default Re: Running MTW2 in Windowed Mode?

Quote Originally Posted by OMGLAZERS
    Is it possible? Can you just add a -w command to it?

Anyone know ? :P
    It is possible. You do need your own folder, because the regular preference file is always overwritten the moment you shut down M2TW. There is a way to do it without mod folder, but I always use a mod.

Anyhow, if you have your own modfolder, go to your .cfg file and add this line under [video]

windowed = true

Save, start and enjoy.
    Signature by Atterdag

"Hunde, wollt ihr ewig leben?" ("Dogs, do you want to live forever?") - Frederick II of Prussia at the battle of Kolin when adressing his fleeing Prussian soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenaris
    windowed = true

Save, start and enjoy.
    Thank goodness..

It was to be "pain in my assh***" to quote a great philosopher to write a campaign history in full screen!

Edit: Tried it. I keep getting unspecified errors. even if I try windowed = 1, it doesn't work in the original .cfg, or a copied and run from, cfg
    Last edited by OMGLAZERS; 12-24-2006 at 00:51.
    Current Campaigns:

Quote Originally Posted by OMGLAZERS
    Thank goodness..

It was to be "pain in my assh***" to quote a great philosopher to write a campaign history in full screen!

Edit: Tried it. I keep getting unspecified errors. even if I try windowed = 1, it doesn't work in the original .cfg, or a copied and run from, cfg
    Odd, it works just fine for me. And it is even more odd that you can't run it even from the original .cfg

I'm gonna grab a look later today because I'm dead-tired and on the verge of passing out on my keyboard. Maybe a better modder than me will come by and figure out what went wrong.
    Signature by Atterdag

"Hunde, wollt ihr ewig leben?" ("Dogs, do you want to live forever?") - Frederick II of Prussia at the battle of Kolin when adressing his fleeing Prussian soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenaris
    Odd, it works just fine for me. And it is even more odd that you can't run it even from the original .cfg

I'm gonna grab a look later today because I'm dead-tired and on the verge of passing out on my keyboard. Maybe a better modder than me will come by and figure out what went wrong.
    I changed it back to normal and my game still crashed

hehe, I think I just messed it up modding :P im gonna giver' a reinstall and I bet it'll work.

Thanks
    Current Campaigns:

Heya,

I hope the re-install fixed the problem. Playing windowed is very handy.
    Signature by Atterdag