Thread: RTW/BI ERE Faction Emulating Belisarius.

Default RTW/BI ERE Faction Emulating Belisarius.

Really this should be posted elsewhere but I am still not allowed to post except in the newbies corner.

A my first attempt at RTW I decided to emulate Belisarius and reconquer Rome via Carthage. I amasses plenty of troops and had no difficulty in taking Carthage but by the time I reached Rome I was heavily in debt and short of troops and since I am in the wrong time scale I had to fight the WRE. Very badly outnumbered I was totally defeated. So what do I do?

My latest plan is to ignore the rest of the empire and leave Constantinople with a large fleet and pick up troops in Ephesus, Athens,Kydena, and Cyrene before attacking Carthage.

Questions

1. How many troops should I leave in each large town to avoid serious disorder?

2. Is there any way to start in the sixth century when the Goths occupy Rome since I think they will be easier meat than the Romans.

3. Does it matter how much you go into the red? When I started I was the richest and most powerful faction?

4. Any other suggestions for a beginner who is fascinated by RTW even though M2TW has finally arrived on how best to emulate my hero General Belisarius?

Andrew

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Default Re: RTW/BI ERE Faction Emulating Belisarius.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmuir
    Really this should be posted elsewhere but I am still not allowed to post except in the newbies corner.
    Are you sure?
    (a) you are a member, so should be able to post anywhere;
    (b) even junior members can post in any game-related forums.
    To the top left of the forums display, it should list your "posting rules" indicating your permissions.

It varies. A lot at the beginning, but later on as you build up arenas and temples etc, it should get less onerous.

2. Is there any way to start in the sixth century when the Goths occupy Rome since I think they will be easier meat than the Romans.
    Have a look out for the IBFD mod for BI. IIRC, the main version starts when the Goths are about to occupy Rome (c410AD). There's also a sub-mod (by Rio?) that starts much later.

3. Does it matter how much you go into the red? When I started I was the richest and most powerful faction?
    If you are in the red, you can't build and you can't train. Matters a lot to me, as I rely on building to keep my cities happy and to uptech my armies. Ports seem to be the big money earners in BI. Army upkeep is the big drain.

4. Any other suggestions for a beginner who is fascinated by RTW even though M2TW has finally arrived on how best to emulate my hero General Belisarius?
    Have fun - I think it is great to try to emulate historical campaigns.

Andrew[/QUOTE]

If your looking for historical accuracy, I would suggest Europa Barbarorurm. Awesome mod, though it follows the RTW time period (as opposed to BI).

Post Re: RTW/BI ERE Faction Emulating Belisarius.

Hello,
    1. I would say about five units per town. They don't really, however, have to be high quality troops. The population doesn't really care about the unit quality. I would recommended, however, that you have more troops garrisoned in each town as you get further away from your capital. Also unrest and squalor grows as towns grow so you should keep more troops in your larger cities.
    2. I agree with econ21. You can find their mod here.
    3. Not really, although it helps to be in the green. It depends on how angry your cities are (because you need to build things to impress them) and how many enemies you have attacking you. If you have many enemies and you can't train any more troops to fight them then, you usually are doomed unless you have large armies all ready to fight. To get out of the red disband your armies or go to allies and grovel for cash by saying you will do something for them in return such as give them assistance against their enemies.
    Enjoy your game, and Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by econ21
    Are you sure?
    (a) you are a member, so should be able to post anywhere;
    [/QUOTE]

Quite clearly it tells me I cannot post a new thread.

Andrew

[QUOTE=Avlvs Libvrnivs Britannicvs Maximvs]Hello,
    [LIST=1][*]I agree with econ21. You can find their mod here.

A better place to download the mod is http://www.vgpro.com/file/20095_EB08-setup.exe.html. The one you posted only allows access only to members-

Many thanks for the info especially the mod which I have already downloaded

Andrew

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Which forum andrewmuir?
    Ja mata

TosaInu

A better place to download the mod is http://www.vgpro.com/file/20095_EB08-setup.exe.html. The one you posted only allows access only to members-

Many thanks for the info especially the mod which I have already downloaded

Andrew
    No sorry, that's Europa Barbarorum - we are talking about Invasio Barbarorum for the period when the Goths invade Rome. Other download mirrors for Invasio Barbarorum for BI:
    Recommended:INVASIO BARBARORUM v6 on medievaltw.com*
    Mirror 1:INVASIO BARBARORUM v6 on Filefront
    Mirror 2:INVASIO BARBARORUM v6 on Rapidshare
    Mirror 3:INVASIO BARBARORUM v6 on MegaUpload

Quickfix (v6.05) (2.28MB)
    Mirror 1:QuickFix 6.05 on Filefront
    Mirror 2:QuickFix 6.05 on Rapidshare
    Mirror 3:QuickFix 6.05 on MegaUpload
    Mirror 4:QuickFix 6.05 on Badongo
    Last edited by MSB; 12-26-2006 at 09:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Avlvs Libvrnivs Britannicvs Maximvs
    No sorry, that's Europa Barbarorum - we are talking about Invasio Barbarorum for the period when the Goths invade Rome. Other download mirrors for Invasio Barbarorum for BI:
    Thankyou for putting me back on the right track. What is the quickfix for?

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    Which forum andrewmuir?
    RTW ERE

Andrew

Your welcome sir

The quick fix fixes bugs, CTDs etc. Come on, you don't expect it to be perfect, do you
    Last edited by MSB; 12-26-2006 at 19:07.

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

RTW ERE

Andrew
    Andrew, I think TosaInu is asking which forum(s) you can't start new threads in. He's the forum Admin - I suggest you PM him about the problems you are having making new threads, as they are not normal.

Andrew, I think TosaInu is asking which forum(s) you can't start new threads in. He's the forum Admin - I suggest you PM him about the problems you are having making new threads, as they are not normal.

That is what I was trying to say - I cannot post a new thread in RTW Guides which seems to be the logical place. But I guess no one can so we have to just post Re : Eastern Roman Empire.

Hwever none of this mattered since you kind people were ever alert to the needs and cries of help from us stuedents

Andrew

Well I have downloaded and installed both IB and the Quickfix but it does not play. I have the gold edition of RTW which has the 1.6 version od BI and the 1.5 version of RTW. I get the desk icon but it cannot find the appropriate exe file. I have tried opening it with RTW and BI but no go. Any suggestions?

Andrew

When it asks you for the path then change it to C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War

Also make sure that you are using the short cut on your desktop. That is the only way to make it run (it has lots of coding in the short cut).

Nobody (excluding administrators and the moderators of those forums) can post new threads in the guides sections.

When it asks you for the path then change it to C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War

Also make sure that you are using the short cut on your desktop. That is the only way to make it run (it has lots of coding in the short cut).

Nobody (excluding administrators and the moderators of those forums) can post new threads in the guides sections.

Many thanks and a guid new year to you too.

Andrew

Successfully loaded - let battle commence.

Andrew

Magistrate of Pirkka Member Sebastian Seth's Avatar

My latest plan is to ignore the rest of the empire and leave Constantinople with a large fleet and pick up troops in Ephesus, Athens,Kydena, and Cyrene before attacking Carthage.
    I took Salona and allied myself with goths, sarmatians and ere for starters. Only fights I had in greek and macedonia where the few vandal hordes that escaped from sarmatians and goths. How ever I think that taking on the sassanid empire before the carthage might be good idea. If they get to grow alone long time you will be against their cavarly (the best heavy cavarly in game) and nasty sungdian heavy infantry.

- Build lots of peasants to locations where the enemies are less likely to attack. I Keep 2-4 peasants and 2-4 limitaei just as carrisons.
    - Look at the traits of generals. Most of the generals are actually making the things worse.
    - Also look what religion the population is following. Some of the towns are 70% christian and have pagan temples in them. (I personally forced chistianity to every city).

When you micro manage your settlements right from start you can propably get 3 invasion stacks at early start and still have money enough to build up.

Going to red is very bad thing. I rather burn cities than pay for owning them.
    Humans very easy to make and very hard to understand. - SS

Have a look out for the IBFD mod for BI. IIRC, the main version starts when the Goths are about to occupy Rome (c410AD). There's also a sub-mod (by Rio?) that starts much later.

[/QUOTE]

Well I downloaded and have played Invasio Barbarorum. Its amazing mod and immediately I was attacked in very large numbers from the north and the east. I took a large force and captured Carthage on my way to Rome but discovered that the Romans (WRE) were still there. I guess I have to wait for Justinian Total War - the Mod that is due to be ready in February.

Andrew