Thread: Increase the sig size?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

Default Increase the sig size?

Can we get an increase in signature size? I'm thinking of around 200 or 250 pixels high, and 30k file size.
    10k seems excessively small to me. The good majority of us use high speed internet, and those who use dialup are not hindered by a 30k sig. Even so, there's always an option in the User CP to not show signatures.

The Ultimate Grand Inquisitor! Member UltraWar's Avatar

Default Re: Increase the sig size?

I agree with you, Kekvit Irae. Having a increased signature size is a good thing to have

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Post Re: Increase the sig size?

I sort of agree. This sig (that EB members have) is no longer allowed as it is too large (I think as it didn't allow me to use the smaller non-member version):

Never really bothered me....

If you're desparate there's plenty of ways around the limitations, but i'm not going to mention any of them because it's here for a reason and i respect that...

Still, in the days of high speed internet access, i really don't think there's a need for a 10k limit on sigs...
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

OT
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu @ 12-30-2005, 23:48

Only enabled in style Experimental at this moment to show the idea.

Go to userCP edit Options and enable Broadband user, you can enter an extra signature picture in UserCP/edit Profile if you haven't already done so. Then Select the Experimental skin and look at the board again. Not everyone has the extra picture enabled yet, so you may have to browse to one of your own posts. You'll see a signature and below that your extra picture, extended signature (for now).

I said no limits, but keep it reasonable, no jokes with multi megabyte pictures.

It will be enabled (option) in other skins, when users think it's good to have and when you have worked out among yourselves what the limits should be, filesize and picturedimensions. Please start a new topic in the Watchtower about it.
    Please note: option, user agreed upon settings.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Clan Takiyama Senior Member R'as al Ghul's Avatar

What's the latest on this?

I just saw a 22k sig.
    20k instead of 10 would be nice when we keep the dimensions of 500*200.

Singleplayer: Download beta_8
    Multiplayer: Download beta_5.All.in.1
    I'll build a mountain of corpses - Ogami Itto, Lone Wolf & Cub
    Sometimes standing up for your friends means killing a whole lot of people - Sin City, by Frank Miller

Hello R'as al Ghul,

Still the old 10.0 kb limits for the regular sig. 100.0 kb for te extra broadband picture.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Clan Takiyama Senior Member R'as al Ghul's Avatar

Okay, a technical question:
    Is it hypothetically possible to have a larger sig? Isn't the board checking the size? I'm asking because of said seen signature with the size of 28052 bytes. If I'm calculating correctly that's more than twice the size?

Singleplayer: Download beta_8
    Multiplayer: Download beta_5.All.in.1
    I'll build a mountain of corpses - Ogami Itto, Lone Wolf & Cub
    Sometimes standing up for your friends means killing a whole lot of people - Sin City, by Frank Miller

Quote Originally Posted by R'as al Ghul
    Okay, a technical question:
    Is it hypothetically possible to have a larger sig? Isn't the board checking the size? I'm asking because of said seen signature with the size of 28052 bytes. If I'm calculating correctly that's more than twice the size?
    It does when creating the sig. It has however no check after that. That would slow the board.

Yes, it is possible to get a larger picture in. It's recommended to fix oversized pictures. The Extra picture box is for the larger ones.
    Ja mata

TosaInu