Thread: Mod folder installer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Mod folder installer

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca
    Don't use saved games whenever you changed something unless you're 100% positive that the change is save-game compatible (and most things aren't). It just creates weird bugs.
    I'd suggest finishing the campaign in vanilla if you had fun with it, and from then on play with your mod.
    Well , that's the odd thing ; I can't think of anything I changed that wouldn't be compatable . Just some very basic unit stat changes such as increasing Dismounted English Knights {and similar units} defensive skill to 8 , Scottish Nobles defensive skill to 8 and attack to 16 and upkeep to 200 , that sort of thing .

Thanks anyway though . I'll blame Bill Gates as usual
    7 out of 10 people like me ,
    I'm not going to change for the other three .

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Frost
    Well , that's the odd thing ; I can't think of anything I changed that wouldn't be compatable . Just some very basic unit stat changes such as increasing Dismounted English Knights {and similar units} defensive skill to 8 , Scottish Nobles defensive skill to 8 and attack to 16 and upkeep to 200 , that sort of thing .

Thanks anyway though . I'll blame Bill Gates as usual
    Why do you think unit stats would be save-game compatible? They're probably somehow saved (armor stats, ...)

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca
    Why do you think unit stats would be save-game compatible? They're probably somehow saved (armor stats, ...)
    They were in MTW and RTW as I remember ; it was adding or removing units that caused problems {something I haven't done yet} . Also , I've been changing them in the MyMod games I'm playing as I go and I haven't seen any problems there .

I think it must be something else . With millions of 1s and 0s arranged in complex and interdependent equations being what actually makes the game , it could be almost anything .
    Like I said , it is Bill Gates fault ! Bad Bill Gates , naughty !

Figured it out . Your program very slightly borked the map.rwm {in data/world/maps/base} so instead of a healthy 4350kb in weight with a fishing village in Nottingham it 'twas a slightly underfed 4343kb and the Nottingham coast was bare .
    The village could not be found .

Simply copping over the full map.rwm solved the problem . The Scottish campaign {not to be mistaken for the Scottish play , though one character makes a notable appearance in both} now works fine in the mod and all other modded savegames are happy with their nice new copy of map.rwm .
    The village was returned safely home and lived happily ever after .

I can have my mod and play it too .

I still like the tool .
    Last edited by Mr Frost; 08-22-2007 at 08:31.