Thread: The Amerial War

The Ultimate Grand Inquisitor! Member UltraWar's Avatar

Default The Amerial War

Here is the Alpha 3 version of the Amerial Wars mod.

Though it is in alpha (not feature complete), it is completely playable and fun as hell! The only reason why this is called alpha is because I seek balance reports.

The most major changes and gameplay explanations:

I sought to make each individual city more important, each siege meaningful, every conquest count.
    - Cities are the major drivers behind economies, building them and owning them is more important. (reduced sacking rates)
    - Castles are eliminated, giving cities important military units.
    - The Map is now much bigger, making cities important features in the landscape (Spurius)
    - Character travel time has stayed the same (unlike Spurius' edit), making traveling to each city and taking it much more difficult and much more worthwhile
    - Each city now simply has more "stuff" in it due to faster build rates making each one that much more important.
    - Plagues can now destroy entire cities, Giving you more ways to feel the pain.

I sought to make the countryside just as meaningful as there is now a lot more of it
    - Farms are more important, increased growth and money.
    - Devastation hurts. Watch out for your countryside.
    - Taxes reduced. Farms and trade are the growers of cash.

I sought to make the game be about TOTAL WAR. Big impressive, set-piece battles are the order of the day
    - Much cheaper units. Upkeep is minuscule, recruitment costs are now very small! Expect to face HUGE Armies.
    - 0-turn recruitment. All units, as many as you want are recruited the very next turn! No more waiting, enabling factions to quickly raise impressive armies.
    - Bigger map and same campaign travel speeds means there is more campaign map maneuvering. No more blitzkrieg, more Napoleon style pre-battle positioning.
    - AI will only attack you when it is ready.
    - AI WILL attack you when it benefits them to attack you, this is NOT a diplomacy mod, this is a WAR mod.

http://www.generalscollective.com/downloads/index.php

More information in the readme/changelog inside the file.

http://generalscollective.com/forums/index.php?board=91.0

Major Contributors:
    General Sun
    Shaio

Credits:
    Spurius!

Even more information:
    http://generalscollective.com/forums...hp?topic=634.0

http://generalscollective.com/index.php?id=17

The first image is from an early build of the mod when the Byzantines getting ready to destroy General_Sun. He was over extended

Default Re: The Amerial War

I am entirely confused. The faction list is fantasy and theres something called "the demon scare" yet theres screens of gensun playing byzantines in a preveiw.
    Is this a m2tw gameplay mod or a fantasy mod?
    Imperator de Basileia Ton Romaion-A "The long road" M2tw AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...41#post1657841
    Click here if you want to know what a freshly shaven **** looks like.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just the logistics of this confuse me. 0 Turn recruitment is ineffective to my knowledge in M2TW, as a castle can produce 3 units per turn.

This sounds like a RTW mod to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen
    Just the logistics of this confuse me. 0 Turn recruitment is ineffective to my knowledge in M2TW, as a castle can produce 3 units per turn.

I'd like to see how this huge amount of stacks concept works out. Because doesnt sound good unless you make more then 20 units avaliable for a person to command at any one time. Only time will tell
    Imperator de Basileia Ton Romaion-A "The long road" M2tw AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...41#post1657841
    Click here if you want to know what a freshly shaven **** looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen

I was just using terms that people would understand. In actuality it's capability to produce 9 units per turn. It basically amounts to the exact same thing.

It's not a RTW mod.

@DA

It is a fantasy mod, but the road map calls for gradual changes and releases, so there will be releases mid way through to see how the gameplay would work in the real world, as opposed to one big fantasy release in never year.

The big armies gameplay has worked very well in RTW and is working very well here.

I just got off from a day of playtesting Alpha 5. It's amazing!

The Ultimate Grand Inquisitor! Member UltraWar's Avatar

I'll soon be getting a new GFX, and when I do, I'll be able to test the mod to perfection

Yup this mod is very fun seeing as most of the battles are field ones and those get tiring far less quickly... Also the devestation armies cause is enourmous adding a whole new level to gameplay.

Angmar out
    RTR forums: mercman
    TWcenter: angmar_nite
    SCC: king henry