Thread: Faq

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

Default Faq

Any Questions on this new mod you have post here.

FAQ

What factions will be involved?
    We have a faction list in our forums on the Guild here,Faction List,

How will the American Revolution play out?-
    the Americans will appear like a horde faction, automaticlly at war. The British will not be able to make peace with them, and either the British or AMericans will have to be destroyed.

Will the Americans just be rebels?
    No, not rebels, but a civilised horde faction. They will be a nation, but pop up out of a few cities.

Is this Western Centric?
    No, all based on the Whole nroth America and Central America, this means the map will be MASSIVE, but maybe in later releases we will improve that.

How will South Africa be worked into this mod?
    It probaly will not be included in this mod, as we are concentrating on the Americas, not foreign lands.

Will it?
    probaly not

What about colonies in the far east?
    This will probaly be a certian no-no, can you imagine the size of the map? We will have North America,Central America, a bit of Western Europe and north Africa, can you imagine the map streching ALL the way to the middle East, it would take like a hundred turns to get htere!
    Last edited by Warluster; 02-25-2007 at 06:36.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Faq

Wow, you seem to be involved in a few mods, this one, Warcraft: Total War, Pike and Musket Total War AFAIK
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Join the ICLADOLLABOJADALLA! Member IrishArmenian's Avatar

What factions will be involved?
    How will the American Revolution play out?
    Will the Americans just be rebels?
    Is this Western Centric?
    How will South Africa be worked into this mod?
    Will it?
    What about colonies in the far east?

"Half of your brain is that of a ten year old and the other half is that of a ten year old that chainsmokes and drinks his liver dead!" --Hagop Beegan

You can see factions invoved in the game in the thread 'About the Mod'
    The revoulution will happen like the Marius Reforms in R:TW, a message will come up, and then Cities may revolt, they revoulution only happens in certian Ctities I think, still deciding.
    The Americans may come in as the Mongols come in. They just appear.
    Right now I am deciding whether to keep it based on just America, it is being thought that a little bit of Europe and Africa will be included.
    South Africa will be like America was in the M2TW, on the side of the map, though it may change. The Colonies in the Far East? Do you mean the Middle-East? If so there was no colonies there. If you mean Asia then it probaly wont be included. If it is and Europe and Africa are, then the mapis just to big, but ig you say... Does that answer your questions?

Join the ICLADOLLABOJADALLA! Member IrishArmenian's Avatar

I meant India, Vietnam, Phillipines, etc...

"Half of your brain is that of a ten year old and the other half is that of a ten year old that chainsmokes and drinks his liver dead!" --Hagop Beegan

Yep, I asnwered about that as well, but I will tell you again, The map will be to big if we include Europe,America(We have to haveAmerica),Africa,Asia,Pacific so we have to have what everyone else wants.

Updated the FAQ.

Have you considered some kind of possible alternate history being possible?

For example, lets say the French people are unhappy as hell and they keep wanting to rebel. Maybe there could be a scripted event that would see the French in unhappy settlements proclaim a republic in New France, automatically at war with loyalist New France.

The same thing could happen with other colonies. For example, if the British settlements in Canada were pissed off enough they might rebel and form a new republic in Canada.

Also, for the American revolution, rather than have it scripted at a certain point in time, maybe you could have it instead scripted to happen at some earlier time in the 1700s if the citizens in the 13 colonies are pissed off enough. Then in case they don't get pissed off enough it could be scripted that the revolution will start in 1776 or whenever if it hasn't happened already.

Hm, good ideas there.

We couldn't do ti with every faction, because otherwise we woudl get x2 already there.

If you want to keep some sort of Historical Accuracy in it, I think we should keep the AMerican Revoltution to 1776.

is it completed

i would love to play it