Thread: Howsabout Italy?

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

Default Howsabout Italy?

Just to ask about this
    Why don't you guys have a smaller campaign, something like the Roman Sons of Mars map.
    You can play Milan, Genua, Florence, Venice, Rome, Sicily, then have the HRE, French, and Spanish all come across the Mediterranean.
    The time would be around the Italian Renaissance.

You already have something of a pretty good basis with the current units, just a n application on a smaller scale to get things right.

Just me.
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

Default Re: Howsabout Italy?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Murat
    Just to ask about this
    Why don't you guys have a smaller campaign, something like the Roman Sons of Mars map.
    You can play Milan, Genua, Florence, Venice, Rome, Sicily, then have the HRE, French, and Spanish all come across the Mediterranean.
    The time would be around the Italian Renaissance.

You already have something of a pretty good basis with the current units, just a n application on a smaller scale to get things right.

Just me.
    Me and a group of italian modder are working on a project like this, the name is Condottieri and cover the period of Italian Wars 1450-1550 thi is the italian forum:
    http://freeforumzone.leonardo.it/viewforum.aspx?f=99851
    as I am a member of Citadel dev team the two mods will be in contact and we will share all the new italian's units.

Altogether quite not there! Member GodsPetMonkey's Avatar

Default Re: Howsabout Italy?

Further to Sharks post, it would be nice to be able to have a narrow focus at times, and it's an idea that has been discussed in the past, but Citadel is really trying to capture the period on a 'larger' scale, that is, encompas Europe and the Middle East over a longer period of time. The problem with focused mods is that while you can dedicate much more to the details of the focused period/region, you miss out on those 'global' events (well, global being the known world) and interactions. Besides, the large mods offer a greater 'what if' setup - a mod focused on the 100 years war will allow you to live the 'what if' of France being totally conquered and help by England, but a mod such as Citadel lets you play that 'what if' on a different scale, how would it impact on global relationships and the balance of power, how would the Pope react, etc.
    Caligula and Hadrian - Unit and Building editors for Rome: Total War.
    Now editing -
    export_descr_unit.txt, export_descr_unit_enums.txt, export_units.txt, descr_model_battle.txt
    export_descr_buildings.txt, export_descr_buildings_enums.txt, export_buildings.txt