Thread: Heresy in Papal Rome

Default Heresy in Papal Rome

Prepare for an odd screenshot:

20% Heresy, rebellion, and a woefully under garrisoned Rome!

Those two heretics are 6 and 1 piety each. I wonder if they wandered in from neighboring nations? And where are those stinking inquisitors!?

The Pope better watch his back before he's burned at the stake himself.
    Current Campaigns:

Heavy Metal Warlord Member Von Nanega's Avatar

Default Re: Heresy in Papal Rome

The only thing you can do is take Rome! Burn the Heretics!!!! Be the champion of the faith. Unfortunatly his Popeness probably wont see it that way.
    Cap badge of the Queens Royal Lancers

The Death or Glory Boys

little off topic, but it does bug the crap out of me that the AI doesn't need to garrison cities to keep the population from revolting.
    If I wanted to be [jerked] around and have my intelligence insulted, I'd go back to church.
    -Bill Maher

Quote Originally Posted by PaulTa
    little off topic, but it does bug the crap out of me that the AI doesn't need to garrison cities to keep the population from revolting.

eh yea they do unless its a castle, same with players I think

As a follow up, Rome hit about 30% heresy, and the rest of Italy has fallen under 80% or so as well.

I've begun flooding the area with priests, if only to stop them from coming back. All eight of my cardinals are off in foreign lands or conquered territories, so, looks like the next batch of Priests is getting grown right in Italy.
    Current Campaigns:

Quote Originally Posted by Rilder
    eh yea they do unless its a castle, same with players I think

I've seen instances where Denmark (as russia) would have really nicely garrisoned cities, but besides that I have not seen cities garrisoned to deal with civil unrest on a consistent basis at all. Sometimes, the AI will load up Cordoba with one faction heir or general as the Moors, even though seventy percent of the population is catholic and I have spies inside guiding assassins to their demolition targets.
    If I wanted to be [jerked] around and have my intelligence insulted, I'd go back to church.
    -Bill Maher