Thread: Saving/Reloading Effect on Game Events?

Default Saving/Reloading Effect on Game Events?

I've seen that if you save before an autocalc'd battle, fight the battle, reload, and fight the battle again... the battle results will be different the second time.

However, this doesn't seem to happen with assassination attempts or spying. For example... i had an assassin with a 67% chance to kill a general. I saved before assassinating and failed... so I reloaded and tried again. I did this 5 times and all 5 times i got "assassin misses target". It is highly improbable that my assassin would miss all 5 attempts... so i've concluded that the game does not recalculate after loading a saved game... it just takes the results of the first attempt.

Is there any way to make the game recalculate assassination/spying after a save/reload? (Maybe closing the game... changing some config settings?)

Default Re: Saving/Reloading Effect on Game Events?

It's done intentionally to stop cheating, but if you reload the previous turn (or whatever) and complete another mission/move a character you change the random number that is generated and thus the result
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

I've seen that if you save before an autocalc'd battle, fight the battle, reload, and fight the battle again... the battle results will be different the second time.

However, this doesn't seem to happen with assassination attempts or spying. For example... i had an assassin with a 67% chance to kill a general. I saved before assassinating and failed... so I reloaded and tried again. I did this 5 times and all 5 times i got "assassin misses target". It is highly improbable that my assassin would miss all 5 attempts... so i've concluded that the game does not recalculate after loading a saved game... it just takes the results of the first attempt.

Is there any way to make the game recalculate assassination/spying after a save/reload? (Maybe closing the game... changing some config settings?)

what you can try is this:
    MOVE the spy/assassin/merchant to someplace besides your target. THEN spy/kill/acquire again.

Since it has moved, the 'base' for its autocalc has change, and there is a chance that you will now succeed.

However, i recommend you try only for those 50% and above ones.

It is also a 'single' second chance thingy. i.e the fact that you moved to different places before spy/kill/acquire, does not change the second autocal, as far as i can determine. if you failed even after moving, you will continue to fail no matter where you moved.

or just go add something to a build que or move another agent/army. these things usually work to get a different result.
    "How come i cant make friends like that"
    "You need to get out more"
    "Im in another galaxy, how much more out can i get"

Merkismathr of Birka Member PseRamesses's Avatar
    Birka town in Svitjod. Realm of the Rus and the midnight sun.

If you´re not ready for a crusade then reload the game. I most cases the game won´t call another one for 10-20 turns. It´s strange but works 8 out of 10 times.