Thread: Historical Battles

Default Historical Battles

It seems to me that nobody has yet mentioned this, but will there be any new historical battles in Realism mod?

Default Re: Historical Battles

I think that Manzikert will be one battle you have to play when starting as the Byzantines or Turks.

Cataphract Of The City

MTR: AOA project ###### (temp) Member kataphraktoi's Avatar

Manzikert 1071
    Siege of Bari 1071
    Battle of Pedroso 1071
    Retired from games altogether!!

Feudalism TOtal War, non-active member and supporter. Long Live Orthodox Christianity!

Suggestions for historical battles(victories and/or defeats for every faction)

Battle of Bouvines

Battle of Agincourt

Battle of Cingoli

Battle of Hundsfeld

Battle of Las Navas de Tolosa

Battle of Montiel

Battle of Ucles

Battle of Aljubarrota.

These are just suggestions concering western/middle europe factions, so it's extremely incomplete if it wants to cover every single faction that exists in the game.

Member Member D. Afonso Henriques's Avatar

I like the list, if anyone wants I could give information about Battle of Aljubarrota. Real, historical information.

Activision always favours England and France when it comes to historical battles. OK they are English, but there should be more! In this second installment of Medieval we also get some Spanish and Aztec battles and some others too! Well i think that there should be much much more, since the Eastern factions are totally left out.
    Activision should be making more HB and giving them for free (or not) download. That way the value of the game would be much higher and you would never get bored with it! Many companies offer things like that to their gamers. Its time Activision does it too!
    Personally i would love to see HB in the Middle East between the Crusaders and the Muslims. Also, the siege of Constantinople would be awesome and glorious (if you could play it from both sides) to play as well as Matzikert! Finally, how about some eastern European battles? These parts of the map are totally ignored! We have been playing the battle of Agincourt since Medieval 1! OK Activision, we conquered England a thousand times!

PS: How is the MTR progressing? Will it ever get finished?

Megas Domestikos Member AnthoniusII's Avatar

We all make a big mistake about majicert when we mantion historical batlles.Afcource it was the batlle of it's time but for the byzantine history the main battle event was a year after between the real emperor Romanos 4th Diogenes and the aristocracy in which the emperor lost...The rebels established a new imperial family,a number of real bad emperors given the oportunity to turks to gain asia minor in less than 10 years...Emperor Romanos even he lost in majicert made a very good agryment with Arp Aslan and the empire's borders didn't change...Infact the seljuk leader gave to emperor a number of troops to help him regain his empire from the traitors...So which battle must be the begining one for the byz.empire?What do you think?