Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Orders and reports thread

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Default Orders and reports thread

This thread is for Chancellors' Reports and for governors to post their build queues.

The following table gives key information about players and their avatars:

Playlist

Inactive players
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Deceased avatars

Notes on the table

[1] # denotes position on family tree: a = by adoption; m = by marriage
    [2] Knighted: Y= yes; N=no
    [3] Civic rank: (H) = heir to Duke; (C) = crusader Count; (K) = King of Outremer; *=natural born son of a Duke
    [4] City = city governed
    [5] Stats: command - chivalry/dread - loyalty - piety
    [6] Infl = Influence, influential players get bonus votes - see spoiler for details
    3.10 Influential players get bonus votes (max +6 bonus)

Appointed Influence (Max 4 points):
    Duke: +3 OR Count: +1
    Viceroy of Outremer: +2
    Chancellor, ex-Chancellor, or Prince: +1

Stat Influence (Max 2 points):
    15 or more total stat points: +1 (I thought about a lower number, but all avatars are given a base 3 piety and base 5 loyalty, which means those points are freebies. So, 15 is only 7 from actual traits, plus the 8 piety and loyalty freebies)
    6 or more ranks in one stat: +1 (In the unlikely scenario where a character gets 6 or more in 2 stats without having 15 total, they get this +1 twice)

The player who is Emperor gets bonus votes differently, being equal to his authority.

[7] Act = activity (number of Diet polls the player has participated in).

Provinces by House

Lost provinces in italics

Imperial
    Antwerp - not yet incorporated into Reich
    Arhus - not yet incorportated in the Reich
    Palermo
    Rome
    Caen
    Naples

Swabia:
    Staufen
    Metz
    Bern
    Bruges
    Dijon
    Rheims
    Paris

Austria
    Vienna
    Prague
    Zagreb
    Ragusa
    Venice
    Budapest
    Bucharest

Franconia
    Frankfurt
    Hamburg
    Magdeburg
    Thorn
    Stettin
    Krakow

Bavaria
    Nuremburg
    Innsbruck
    Milan
    Genoa
    Bologna
    Florence
    Marseilles
    Ajaccio

Outremer
    Acre (governed by Viceroy Matthias)
    Antioch
    Adana
    Aleppo
    Damascus
    Edessa

Army Commanders
    Kaiser's Army - Kaiser Elberhard
    Prinz's Army - Prinz Peter
    Army of Outremer - Viceroy Matthias
    Swabian Household Army 1 - Duke Athalwolf von Salza and Count Ehrhart Ruppel
    Swabian Household Army 2
    Prussian Army (FHA 1) - Fritz von Kastilien
    Saxon Army (FHA 2) - Count Dieter Bresch
    Austrian Household Army 1 - Count Karl Zirn
    Austrian Household Army 2 - Duke Arnold
    Household Army Gerhard (BHA 1) - Duke Lothar Steffen
    Household Army Otto (BHA 2) - Count Karolinger
    Last edited by econ21; 02-09-2008 at 01:18.

Default Re: Chancellor and governor reports

Build queue for Staufen for First Diet

Turn 1: Dirt roads
    Turn 2: Land clearance
    Turn 3: Land clearance contd
    Turn 4: Communal farming
    Turn 5: Communal farming contd
    Turn 6: Communal farming contd
    Turn 7: Small church
    Turn 8: Castle
    Turn 9: Castle contd
    Turn 10: Castle contd

[EDIT: corrected, thanks, pevergreen]

Commentary from Prinz Henry:Father, I believe roads are essential for our armies to move rapidly across our large Empire. Farming will give us the population growth we need to obtain a fortress, allowing the training of key troops such as dismounted knights. Churches I build to honour my Lord. A castle is necessary, but - unlike a fortress - can be delayed somewhat as it does not immediately give us access to any particularly valuable troops types. Our cities can provide basic infantry and our castles can already provide horse and archers. Innsbruck is slightly better suited to training superior spearmen than Staufen, so I have not commissioned the construction of barracks.

Notes on rules regarding build queues

Governors can submit build queues for the next 10 turns (or the next session of the Imperial Diet, if closer). If the Chancellor builds any buildings in the settlement, they must be in the order of the build queues.

A governor can be dismissed by Chancellor - or can cease to govern by leaving their settlement - but their build queue still holds until the next session of the Imperial Diet.

Governors can amend their build queues - e.g. after consultation with the Chancellor - provided they notify (PM) the Chancellor. Ammendments take effect when the Chancellor receives the PM (ie if the Chancellor has played on past a given date, he can't be made to replay those turns).

Governors can use their settlement's building browser to find plan their build queues (e.g. build times are given in top right corner, next to small blue egg-timer).

Governor build queues relate only to buildings. Recruitment of troops and agents is at the Chancellor's perogative by default, although it would be a suitable topic for Edicts.
    Last edited by econ21; 01-12-2007 at 01:54.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Turn 1: Dirt roads
    Turn 2: Land clearance
    Turn 3: Communal farming
    Turn 4: Communal farming contd
    Turn 5: Small church
    Turn 6: Church
    Turn 7: Church contd
    Turn 8: Castle
    Turn 9: Castle contd
    Turn 10: Castle contd

Land Clearance is 2 turns, Communal is 3 turns, yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Build queue for Nuremburg for First Diet

Turn 1: Dirt Roads
    Turn 2: Grain Exchange
    Turn 3: Grain Exchange cont
    Turn 4: Small Church
    Turn 5: Wooden Wall
    Turn 6: Wooden Wall cont
    Turn 7: Communal Farming
    Turn 8: Communal Farming cont
    Turn 9: Communal Farming cont
    Turn 10: Town Guard

Nuremburg is the trade hub of Bavaria, and as such it must concentrate as much as possible on generating revenue. Bavaria's future acquisitions are likely to be high in Castle regions. If we are to fund the expansion of these areas, we must have income from Nuremburg.
    Last edited by TinCow; 01-13-2007 at 16:48.

Chretien Saisset Senior Member OverKnight's Avatar

Build Queue for Innsbruck for First Diet 1.1

Turn 1: Dirt Roads
    Turn 2: Leather Tanner
    Turn 3: continued
    Turn 4: Garrison Quarters
    Turn 5: continued
    Turn 6: Land Clearance
    Turn 7: continued
    Turn 8: Small Chapel
    Turn 9: Castle
    Turn 10: continued, finished in Turn 11

Mein Kaiser: Dirt roads are needed for quicker transport of armies.

The only melee infantry we can build at this time is peasants. First we will build a Leather Tanner, so any eligible units recruited will start with an armor upgrade. Then with Garrison Quarters we can produce Sergeant Spearmen equipped with padded armor, superior to their militia brethren and most certainly to peasants. Innsbruck is the closest castle to our Italian holdings, and you may be in need of reinforcements.

Land Clearance is needed to keep the castle fed and growing. A Small Chapel will be built so that you may be in our prayers, Kaiser. Finally, near the end of your term as Chancellor, Innsbruck shall begin it's conversion to a stone Castle. If you have any concerns, Kaiser, please send a messenger.

EDIT: Lucjan might have a point about farms. I've switched things around a bit sacrificing initial growth for better spearman, and the total is slightly cheaper.
    Last edited by OverKnight; 01-13-2007 at 14:53.
    Chretien Saisset, Chevalier in the King of the Franks PBM

AO Viking's Tactician Member Lucjan's Avatar

Submitting for the Kaiser's review, I have prepared the following construction queue for the capital, Frankfurt.

Tax Rate = High
    1 Town Guard Barracks
    2 Town Guard Barracks
    3 Town Guard Barracks
    4 Market
    5 Market
    6 Market
    7 Leather Tanner
    8 Leather Tanner
    9 Land Clearance
    10 Land Clearance

Frankfurt, being the Capital city of our great empire, should set an example for all as to what it means to be a German. It should be an example of what it means to be a loyal subject to the laws and judgements of our great Empire, and to do ones service to the Empire in the militia with pride. For that purpose, the establishment of a Town Guard Barracks should be the first thing constructed.

The establishment of this facility will allow us to employ more, better drilled militia for the defense of the city. Better defense means better policing, and better solidarity of lawfulness and safety in the city. This will allow us to increase traffic in the city safely, while still maintaining public order and bringing in money from trade at the same time. Upgrading our small grain exchange to a Market should accomplish this task sufficiently.

To counteract the potential growth in traffic and the trouble makers that will inevitably come with such action, we must better outfit our militia, and a leather tanner will be able to provide them with the panoply they require to be better suited as a city wide defense force as well as a little bit more than simple cavalry and arrow fodder in the field.

All this growth will of course require a better way to provide for the city's grain stores and feed our growing population. Clearing out some forested land or draining some local marshes to provide for more farmland will help in this respect.

(OOC - Be careful how quickly you go for those farm updates, they don't bring in enough money early enough to merit the big boost they give to M2's already huge population growth percentages, especially since recruitment no longer lowers city population. If we go too fast for the farmland updates we may find ourselves picking and choosing which cities get the highly expensive public order/happiness buildings and falling short in our abilities to advance in other fields because our population is growing faster than our coffers can support. "Syracuse" from WotS anyone? Population was almost completely uncontrollable without very low taxes and a larger garrison than our other old cities, and our expansion elsewhere didn't allow for the multiple 1000's of denarii it required to build the enormous walls it would need to improve its public order.)

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Kaiser Heinrich:

Well, we are four years (two turns) into my reign as Chancellor and things are going well for the most part. Several edicts have already been fulfilled, and we are well on our way to gaining more territory.

First of all, our spy Rainald Erlach, has infiltrated Prague and is sending me regular reports, hereby fulfilling Edict 1.5.

Second, we have secured an alliance and trade rights with Venice, much to my chagrin. *grumbles about that particular edict*. Edict 1.4 has been... *cough* fulfilled.

In other diplomatic news, we have acquired trade rights with the Papacy and Hungary, as well as built watchtowers on our eastern and southern border of Vienna, fulfilling Edict 1.6.

However, there has been one slight problem...

My advisors have informed me that we do not have the funds to continue building in Vienna and Innsbruck, and the queues have all been delayed for two years (one turn). Nothing major, we will soon get that money back. Once we do, I shall continue to work to fulfill the motions, especially those diplomatically-related as it is difficult to train diplomats at the moment.
    The Council of Nobles has not made life easy for me when it comes to diplomacy earlier:

I am thinking of dispatching my daughter Agnes to gain relations with France, however, she is currently on her way to marry newly-promoted Army Commander Dietrich von Saxony (Lucjan) who is about to assault Hamburg.

In addition, I am currently besieging Florence and it shall fall in two years (one turn). Armies are currently being created in order to besiege Metz and Prague.

And finally, I am happy to report that I am once again a proud father:

I am currently waiting for word on Dietrich before I make my next report. Until then, good Electors.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

(This post moved to the battle reports thread.)
    Last edited by Lucjan; 01-14-2007 at 00:40.

Oza the Sly: Vandal Invasion Member Braden's Avatar

Proposed build queue for Austria first diet:

Turn1 Dirt Roads
    Turn2 Land Clearance
    Turn3 continued
    Turn4 Small Church
    Turn5 Market
    Turn6 continued
    Turn7 continued

At this time the Diet of Austria does not propose further than the 4th year as the growth of our city, and other external factors will dictate what we choose at that point.

Leopold
    My Steam Community Profile - Currently looking for .Org members I know with NTW for MP stuff (as I'm new to that...lol)

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Promotions and changes in rank in Kaiser Heinrich's reign as Chancellor

(this post will be continually edited)

- Dietrich von Saxony is no longer Governor of Frankfurt

- Dietrich von Saxony becomes Army Commander

- Dietrich von Saxony becomes Duke of the House of Franconia
    - Prinz Henry is no longer Governor of Staufen
    - Prinz Henry becomes Army Commander

- Dietrich von Saxony becomes Governor of Hamburg (will be formally given to the House of Franconia upon the midterm session of the Diet)
    - Sigismund der Stolz becomes Knight
    - Sigismund der Stolz becomes Count of the House of Swabia

- Leopold becomes Army Commander
    - Sigismund der Stolz becomes Governor of Metz
    - Prinz Henry becomes Governor of Staufen (again)

- Otto von Kassel is no longer Governor of Innsbruck
    - Otto von Kassel becomes Army Commander

- Sigismund der Stolze is no longer Governor of Metz (assisting Otto in taking Bern)

- Maximillian Mandorf is no longer Governor of Nuremburg
    - Dietrich von Saxony is no longer Governor of Hamburg

- Maximillian Mandorf becomes Army Commander

- Sigismund der Stolze becomes Governor of Bern
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 02-09-2007 at 01:27.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

For the remainder of this chancellor's term the construction queue for Hamburg should be.

6 - Roads
    7 - Muster Field
    8 - Small Chapel
    9 - Leather Tanner
    10 - Leather Tanner

Blog Entries

Kaiser Heinrich:

After his stunning conquest of Hamburg in which cavalry were used splendidly,

Dietrich von Saxony (Lucjan) had advised me to build a watchtower on the border of our newly-gained territory so we can watch over the Danes, which I agreed to. With the placement of this watchtower we can their keep an eye on their city on the Jutland as well as track their movements in the east.

In the meantime, I personally assaulted the Italian city of Florence. As this land borders the Pope he must be worried.

Not much, was it?

I began by giving a speech to my troops about the importance of intimidating that fool in Rome, and how this was another step in regaining the glory of the Empire, et cetera. What mattered most was the loot inside. A sack would bring some much-needed florins into the treasury. And we were not about to be turned back empty-handed.

Kaiser Heinrich, in a diabolical strategy, gives his orders behind a bush so as to confuse the enemy.

Now, this rebel commander was smarter than the one Dietrich faced in Hamburg, so we were forced to do some more grindwork. Not like it mattered. The point of this assault was to send a message to the Pope and all the Italian states.

We are back.

Shortly after gaining Florence, we adopted a new member into the royal family, courtesy of Prinz Henry:

Sigismund der Stolze is now officially a member of the Diet and the House of Swabia. May he serve the Empire well for many years.

I am pleased to report that several diplomatic edicts are being satisfied. In accordance with Edict 1.20, we have allied with Sicily. The Pope must not be pleased with this.

In addition, I have satisfied Edict 1.19 by obtaining map information from Poland. Also, I know that I am slightly late in the fulfillment of Edict 1.25 but I continue to work at it. Trade rights are still to be established with Spain, Portugal, the Byzantines, and Russia, however, I promise that this will be completed by the end of my reign as Chancellor.

And finally, the Council of Nobles must also be pleased with the completion of their mission:

There have been notable events in the careers of some Electors recently. First, it is my immense pleasure to announce the marriage of Duke Dietrich von Saxony and my daughter, Agnes. May you bear many healthy children (sooner rather than later, please).

My son Prinz Henry (econ21) and his adopted son Sigismund der Stolze (Ignoramus) both performed admirably in the assault on Metz, and as a result, Sigismund has been knighted. Since the castle (converted to a town) is now ours, I am pleased to inform Fifth Swabian Elector Kagemusha that he may now take off his lederhosen armour.

The final casualty count for Metz. Very admirable. I believe my sons are outperforming me! I'm getting old.

Upon his return to Staufen, Henry has also taken up a wife.

My congratulations to all.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Recently, my attention has been fixed on the east as my spy in Prague has reported some unfortunate happenings. It appears that Poland also has an interest in the city, as they have sent their own spy in to infiltrate. However, it took a turn for the worse when I was informed that an army was advancing with intent to capture the city:

Our small attacking force would not get there in time, but I dispatched my son Leopold (Braden) with a medium-sized force to advance on the city anyway. With a little help from God the Bohemians would prove to be worthy defenders.

My spy reported back to me on the Polish assault. It appears they were uncoordinated, commanded by one not of noble birth. The attack was decisively repulsed. However, the defenders of Prague will soon realize that the forces of the Empire are a much more potent enemy. Leopold will soon capture the city, bringing some (much-needed) glory to the House of Austria.

Leopold assaults Prague while the defeated Polish army makes its way back east.

With the midterm fast approaching, I report that for the most part, our financial situation has improved somewhat, thanks to Maximillian Mandorf's (TinCow's) agreement to raise taxes in Nuremburg. However, two build queues are slightly behind schedule: Hamburg's Leather Tanner will not be completed until 1102, and we do not have enough money to upgrade Staufen's defenses.

This will soon be remedied with the capture of Prague.

~~~~~~~~~~

I will report back in two years with a final midterm report as well as my agenda for the second half of my Chancellorship. Until then, good Electors.
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 01-19-2007 at 23:56.

Blog Entries

Kaiser Heinrich: I now present my midterm report to the Diet.

Firstly, well... the College of Cardinals and Pope Gregory will just have to learn this fact for themselves:

Now for more serious news. My son Leopold (Braden) has determined that the time was not right to assault Prague, so the city continues to remain under siege. Reinforcements are arriving. He informs me that he intends to wait for the Bohemians to sally out in order to make use of our superior archers. However, if this event does not occur, then he will assault the city in due time.

All in all, I believe the first half of my term has been very successful. Although money has been somewhat tight and building queues have not come out exactly, most motions have been fulfilled. The ones that still need to be made progress on are watching over Milan with a spy and acquiring trade rights with a number of factions, although we now have Spain exchanging goods with us.

This Empire can expand further. This term has taught us that we have many excellent commanders serving us. I hereby propose that we concentrate our efforts to the east for the second half of my term. The reasons for this are several.

First of all, the wishes of the Council of Nobles do play a part and they have the money:

Breslau is to the east, as are other targets such as Stettin and Magdeburg. I realize that this puts us in conflict with Poland but we can crush them. Leopold, side-by-side with Dietrich von Saxony (Lucjan) can march to the direction of the rising sun and earn much glory for their houses. In addition, we may also expand southeast.

Venice's capital city currently lies undefended, aside from a sparse garrison. A quick strike by Otto von Kassel (dlain) along with the forces currently lying in Innsbruck would cripple our "allies" as well provide us another port in Italy. I would, of course, cancel our alliance with Venice before such an attack is made.

Do not think that I have left Swabia out of this. In the West lie potent enemies: France and Milan. Surely one of them will take the bait when our forces are engaged in the east and aim to grab our territory. Once this occurs we will strike with a vengeance, claiming their cities for our own.

By the end of my term I would like to see this Empire returned to its former glory. We have a considerable foothold in Italy, and we are making gains in all directions. If this trend continues we shall become the greatest power in the world. We have the men that are certainly up to the challenge. All we need, good Electors, is the resolve.

I hereby grant the following settlements to the following Houses:

Hamburg - Franconia
    Metz - Swabia
    Bologna - Bavaria

Florence will remain under my dominion. I hope to have many settlements to grant to the Houses when the Diet next meets.

Build queue for Innsbruck for the second Diet

Turn 11: Castle, last turn
    Turn 12: Black Smith
    Turn 13: --continued
    Turn 14: --continued
    Turn 15: Drill Square
    Turn 16: --continued
    Turn 17: --continued
    Turn 18: Practice Range
    Turn 19: --continued
    Turn 20: --continued

If you have any questions or concerns Kaiser, please contact me.

Second Diet Conclusion - Hamburg Build Queue

1 - Finish Leather Tanner
    2 - Garrison Quarters
    3 - ""
    4 - Stables
    5 - ""
    6 - Bowyer
    7 - ""
    8 - Mines
    9 - ""
    10 - Chapel

The basic idea for the second term is to round out Hamburg as a key training and recruitment ground for northern forces armed, at the least, with padded leather armor. Then to give work on some domestic improvements in the form of Mines to draw a strong income out of the area's natural mining capabilites, and with our new source of income completed, to construct a chapel to better deal with the castle's growing populations' religious needs.

Second Diet Build Queue for Staufen

Turn 1: Castle (3 turns)
    Turn 4: Crop rotation (4 turns)
    Turn 8: Practice range (3 turns)

The key thing here is to continue growing the population to get the good troops that are opened by a fortress.

A secondary issue is the practice range - I think Staufen has a bit of a head start over other castles in terms of missile troops, so it makes sense to concentrate on that arm and let other settlement specialise in melee infantry for now.

Second Diet Build Queue for Metz

Turn 1: Land Clearance
    Turn 2: --continued
    Turn 3: Grain Exchange
    Turn 4: --continued
    Turn 5: Town Garrison
    Turn 6: Leather Tanner
    Turn 7: --continued
    Turn 8:

(Will finish in a minute)

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Second Diet Build Queue for Nuremburg:

Turn 1: Town Guard (currently being built)
    Turn 2: --continued
    Turn 3: Market
    Turn 4: --continued
    Turn 5: --continued
    Turn 6: Town Hall
    Turn 7: --continued
    Turn 8: Crop Rotation
    Turn 9: --continued
    Turn 10: --continued

The focus of Nuremburg continues to be economic development, driving towards a major profit center for the Reich. Town Hall (cheap) is placed between Market and Crop Rotation to help with accumulation of sufficient funds for Crop Rotation (2400, relatively expensive for early game).

Blog Entries

Kaiser Heinrich:

My reign as Chancellor is now 3/4 completed and much has to be mentioned. Many of you know most of these events already from the Diet deliberations, however, there have been some things that I have left out.

After the midterm session of the Diet concluded I immediately sent Otto von Kassel (dlain) out with a fairly large army to besiege the rebel castle of Bern. Sigismund der Stolze (Ignoramus) will be meeting Otto from the northwest with a small amount of extra troops. This is all in accordance with Edict 2.5.

I fully intended to set out for Breslau at the same time, however, I was informed that those stinking Polish had beat us to it. That was 2,500 florins down the drain.

However, they have given me a new mission to initiate diplomatic contact with Portugal, which is perfect since a diplomat was on the way anyway and it gives me even more incentive to fulfill Edict 1.25.

I am also happy to inform the Diet that I have fulfilled Edict 2.8, which instructed me to take along three priests along with Cardinal Scherer (IvarrWolfsong) in order to convert Stettin. However, it seems as if, er... the people in charge of making these people priests have long functioned without eyesight:

My son Leopold (Braden, now Ituralde) has finally taken and sacked Prague, bringing some much-needed glory and land to the House of Austria. Already he has set up watchtowers to the east to keep watch on Poland.

In addition, I took care of some rebels to the south of Florence.

However, the unnerving thing about it was not the small rebel army that was easily destroyed, but rather the significant Papal force in Imperial territory! Naturally, this situation will be closely monitored.

However, my mind was quickly diverted elsewhere with the trouble in the Diet and news of Otto's spectacular capture of Bern.

With Bern falling under Imperial control, the remainder of my term will be focused on getting Stettin under our control, as well as putting up watchtowers around the Reich. Maximillian Mandorf and Dietrich von Saxony will be fulfilling those tasks, respectively.

Until next time, good Electors.

Blog Entries

Kaiser Heinrich:

Good Electors, I was not planning to make a report until my term has ended but several diplomatic situations have arisen that I believe need to be made known to the entire Diet. The other events that have taken place since my last report will be detailed in my final report.

First of all, and the least important, it seems as if Venice, our "ally," cares little if it angers us or not.

Second, despite Dietrich von Saxony's worries, we have successfully allied ourselves with Poland.

Third, a mixed blessing. The Moors, the Islam faction of southern Spain and Northern Africa, have surprisingly approached us with the offer of friendship. I accepted, but the Moors had to pay a price. However, more disturbingly, Pope Gregory has excommunicated our allies the Sicilians.

It was not long before he ordered me to cut diplomatic ties with them.

I am still mulling over whether to comply with the Papal order or not. We have plenty of time and a diplomat is close to Naples.

However, the main reason I make this report is that we, the Reich, are at war with the vile faction of Milan. Sigismund der Stolze is threatened, as the besieging army will most likely defeat him in an assault.

I suppose I should have seen this coming, as I received this report some time earlier:

Otto von Kassel and a regiment of mailed knights are on the way and have arrived (the picture is slightly out of date) in order to assist Sigismund, but unfortunately there are no mercenaries in the area. I will probably send Otto out to recruit some more in another province, but that will take time.

The fifth Elector of Swabia (Kagemusha) proposed reconnaisance on the city of Milan itself in hopes of determining the garrison size, which I agreed was a good idea. However, the Milanese probably thought so too.

What makes matters worse is that they dared make this diplomatic "attempt" around the same time:

Now, the course of action I will probably take is the following:

Both Milan and Genoa are lightly-to-moderately defended. We have a significant garrison in both Florence and Bologna, but most of it can't be taken out of the city because unrest is a larger problem in our Italian possessions than in our German possessions. The best I can do is two regiments out of each city, including my own escort.

However, we can get a lot of units out of Innsbruck, including a regiment of Armoured Sergeants, our highest-quality infantry yet. The idea (which I must again give credit to Fifth Elector of Swabia Kagemusha) is to make the besieging force of Bern turn around and face the greater threat - the loss of Milan itself.

I am confident, with what I have available in Italy and southern Germany, I can defeat all but the largest Milanese force in open combat or city assault. This plan will follow through. Rest assured, Swabia, that Sigismund will not perish. Milan will recognize the threat and turn around, or at the very least split her forces.

I urge the Electors to view the current situation: http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/kotr1118.zip

Until next time, good Electors.
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 02-10-2007 at 00:14. Reason: added in another screenshot I forgot to put in before

Blog Entries

Kaiser Heinrich:

I now make my offical end-of-term report for the Diet to review and discuss.

The previous diplomatic crises that I addressed in my last report (see above) have changed little. However, there has been no word from the Papacy condemning our actions against the Milanese so I suspect that Pope Gregory has little interest in how this conflict plays out. Either that or he is siding with us.

Hungary, of whom we were so concerned with a short time ago thanks to their large army within striking distance of Vienna, is now sending us mixed messages. That army has turned northeast to another target, but it would seem that they have indeed taken an active interest in the goings and comings of Austria's capital:

~~~~~~~~~~

But now we must review what has happened over the course of my term as Chancellor.

Since 1180, the size of the Reich has doubled. All commanders are to be lauded for achieving this feat. The victories we have won in this half-term include the captures of Stettin, Bern, and Prague, as well as the defeat of numerous brigands outside of Florence and a heroic sally beating back the Milanese. The casualty reports that I have not already given may be found below.

Maximillian Mandorf's capture of Stettin

Kaiser Heinrich's strange encounter with some rebels

Sigismund der Stolze's sally from Bern

Our financial situation is better than in recent years. Our cash-on-hand for 1120 is slightly below what it has been due to spending in anticipation for the continuation of hostilities with Milan.

Aside from the florin problem, we are surely the greatest power in the known world:

And news has just reached me that my son Leopold (Ituralde) has gotten himself married. May you have many fine children.

I am pleased to report that all edicts have been fulfilled (including 1.16, but the spy was killed in action - see previous report) aside from 1.25, but the diplomat is currently on his way to Russia as I make this report. He should initiate contact with them shortly.

We are allied with Venice, Sicily, the Byzantine Empire, the Moors, and Poland. In addition, we have secured trade rights with England, France, Spain, Denmark, Portugal, Hungary, and the Papal States. We are at war with Milan.

I expect that that Diet and the next Chancellor will have to deal with the following issues in order of precedence:

- The logistics of our war with Milan (passive or active, what do we target, who leads the attack, etc). Personally, I recommend a two-pronged front, with myself/Otto von Kassel targeting their Italian possessions and Prinz Henry/Sigismund der Stolze securing Dijon. The Pope has not condemned our sally attack, I doubt he will condemn this.

- Who to side with in the Sicilian Excommunication crisis.

- What to do about Hungary and their actions with Vienna

- Our continued building priorities. Do we wish to make money or successful war? Stettin would be an example of this. Currently the governor, Fredricus von Hamburg (FLYdude) will have to choose between upgrading Stettin to a full castle or converting it into a large town.

~~~~~~~~~~

1120 has caught several Electors in transition to their next assignment, and for that I apologize to Otto von Kassel, Maximillian Mandorf, Leopold, and Dietrich von Saxony. Otto and Maximillian are returning to Innsbruck, Nuremburg, and Prague, respectively, from military service and Dietrich is currently fulfilling Edict 2.9. I recommend that he be returned to Hamburg once his task is completed.

I hereby allocate the newly-conquered settlements to the following houses:

- Bern to Swabia
    - Prague to Austria
    - Stettin to Franconia

And with that, I relinquish my position of Chancellor. May the person you elect to hold it next continue to improve the Reich.

Heinrich, Kaiser of the Holy Roman Empire.

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/kotr1120.zip
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 02-12-2007 at 03:40.

Prinz Henry:

Build Queue for Staufen:

Chapel - 2 turns
    Mustering Hall - 1 turn
    Garrison Quarters - 2 turns
    Drill Square - 3 turns
    Upgrade to fortress - 3 turns

Build queue for Bern:

Convert to city - 2 turns
    Town watch - 2 turns
    Town guard - 3 turns
    Church - 2 turns
    Leather tanner - 2 turns

Taxes to very high if no general is present in Bern; set to high if a general is present. But always lower taxes to avoid red faces.

Note: Please prioritise Staufen over Bern if necessary; it is essential that we get a fortress asap.
    Last edited by econ21; 02-16-2007 at 00:25.

Blog Entries

Kaiser Heinrich:

Build queue for Florence

1. Town Watch
    2. ---
    3. Market
    4. ---
    5. ---
    6. nothing
    7. Communial Farming
    8. ---
    9. ---
    10. Stone Wall if available. Otherwise, nothing.

~~~~~~

The key here is first, to make sure that Florence can produce middle-grade militia to defend itself in case the Italian situation goes nasty. It should then continue to be an economic center of the Reich. The taxes are to stay at the level they are, but I give permission to lower them if the face turns red.

Build queue Prague:
    1 Grain Exchange
    2 continued
    3 Small Church
    4 Town Watch
    5 continued
    6 Town Hall
    7 continued
    8 Leather Tanner
    9 continued

Build queue Vienna:
    1 Church continued
    2 Stone Wall
    3 continued
    4 continued
    5 City Watch
    6 continued
    7 continued
    8 continued
    9 Fairground
    10 continued

I'd also like to see the Stone Wall completed as soon as possible over any improvements in Prague.
    The lions sing and the hills take flight.
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

—chant from a children's game heard in Great Aravalon, the Fourth Age

Chancellor Sigismund der Stolze:

My brief reign so far, although short, has been quite eventful.

First, our spy, Wolfgand Ruesdorf, successfully infiltrated the Papal army led by Pope Gregory himself. He returned with comprehensable report of the strength and compostion of the Papal soldier.

Next, I killed the Milanese Duke Bernado in battle at the foot of the Alps. He and his tow depleted companies of mercenaries did not fight well. As I wished to remain on good terms with the mercenaries in the area, I released the 25 prisoners we took.

Next, I was attacked in a pass in the Alps of Savoy, by a far superior Milanese army led by Manno Galli.

Due to a good defensible position and good fortune, the Milanese were unable to attack my meagre force. My object, was therefore gained - I had prevented the Milanese from entering Lombardy.

On a personal note, I have finally married.

The Venetians army loitering in Austria has moved out of sight somewhere near the Danube in the middle of Austria. Meanwhile, another small army led by a general has again crossed our borders.

The Hungarian army in Hungary has grown larger, but it has not moved towards our borders. Instead, it has marched back near Budapest.

Otto von Kassel is ready to strike at the city of Milan:

The Pope has moved back into Milanese territory, and another rebel general has arisen near Bologna:

However, the most important event that has taken place is from the Pope:

The city of Tunis, is held by our ally Sicily, who very piously took it from Muslims. Ironically, the Pope has already demanded us to break that alliance.

And finally, Prinz Henry and Count Otto von Kassel are now Army Commanders.
    Last edited by Ignoramus; 02-16-2007 at 22:59.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Build Queue for Nuremburg:

Due to delay in posting queue, information begins with saved game after Milan has fallen.

1.) Leather Tanner
    2.) (continued)
    3.) Church
    4.) (continued)

There are no further orders for Nuremburg until the next level of walls becomes available. The Chancellor is authorized to build anything he wishes or nothing at all in Nuremburg after the above is completed. When the next level of walls becomes available, it must be the next building constructed and Steward Mandorf must be informed of the event.

Objective is still to make Nuremburg a profit center. Since all profit areas and basic facilities have been built, it may be better to use the funds on other areas of the Reich until Nuremburg's trade can again be boosted.

Also, Amendment 3.1 does not give me the power to control the build queues for non-assigned provinces, a power only Dukes have. Accordingly, one of the Bavarian provinces will be without orders and the Chancellor may do what he wishes with it. Count Otto von Kassel may choose either Innsbruck or Bolognia as his province by posting a build queue for it here. The one that has no queue posted will be controlled by the Chancellor for now.
    Last edited by TinCow; 03-01-2007 at 17:23.

Build Queue for Innsbruck

1122: Communal Farming
    1124: --continued
    1126: --continued
    1128: Chapel
    1130: --continued
    1132: Stables
    1134: --continued
    1136: Ballista Maker
    1138: --continued
    1140: --continued

After Communal farming is put into place, as soon as the population becomes high enough for a fortress, I would upgrade. I do not consider stables or ballistas a high priority, so once the fortress is built I might reconfigure the list.

If you have any questions Chancellor, please contact me.

Chancellor Sigismund der Stolze:

My reign is 6 year(3 turns) in and many things have happened.

Firstly, the French, Poles, and Magyars have joined the Crusade against our ally Sicily.

Next, Charles Otterbach, has been elevated to the poisiton of Cardinal.

Fredericus von Hamburg has found a bride.

The capital of Lorraine, Metz, is able to be upgraded to a large town.

And the Kaiser is ready to assault the city of Genoa.

But the most serious event that has taken place is one caused by treachery. The Venetians, our allies, have turned on us and besieged Vienna with a moderate army. Though it is small in number, their soldiers are far superior to our militia. One can only hope that reinforcements will reach Duke Leopold in time.

Blog Entries

Kaiser Heinrich: Ah, it is the midterm now, if my scribes are correct. I suppose it's time for me to do my Imperial duty...

I hereby allocate the newly-conquered settlements to the following houses:

Milan - Bavaria
    Dijon - Swabia

Genoa will remain under my direct control until the peninsula has been fully secured.

-edit- Ignore build queues. Forgot we were only doing 10-turn reigns now.
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 02-25-2007 at 03:02.

Build Queue for Nuremburg:

None

As before, there are no orders for Nuremburg until the next level of walls becomes available. The Chancellor is authorized to build anything he wishes or nothing at all in Nuremburg after the above is completed. When the next level of walls becomes available, it must be the next building constructed and Steward Mandorf must be informed of the event.

Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast