Thread: Reinstallation Woes

Chillin with my unit of clibanarii immortals

Default Reinstallation Woes

So i was Annoyed that My extractor broke my Medieval 2 i did what i thought was the best path of action.I Uninstalled the Game. Followed by an immediate reinstall.Now when i try to join a game i have an "invalid CD key". Whats going on? im i screwed big time or must i give gamespy time to realize i uninstalled then reinstalled?

Note:After i uninstalled my game i deleted my 7 gb extracted data file.Im sure it reinstalled ive played single player okay.But may have i deleted something i should have?

Default Re: Reinstallation Woes

It's most likely that you entered your CD-Key in wrong.

Hmm really? in that case wouldnt the entire game just not work? I remeber in rome total war the only thing you needed the CD key was for multiplayer but you put that in after installation....Hmm i really dont wanna go through the whole Installation and patching process A third time.

No I had the same problem. When I checked I had got a O instead of 0 in my CD key. I could play in single but not multi.

Well i reinstalled it and it worked.I suppose i didnt put it in caps the second time.Medieval 2 has one of the most inconvient key entry things.Others you just need to type the key and it caps and hypens for you.

Yeh, i'd have to agree with you there.

It's laughable as a piracy protection measure too, as using that system hackers can just copy in the key and get sp working...
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer