Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: "Mess" on twcenter.net

blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar

Default Re: "Mess" on twcenter.net

TWC has been a time bomb waiting to go off. In setting up a "new TWC" (whatever it's name may be) please do not sow the seeds that led to this - i.e. avoid internal politics, have modding of at least the same importance as the rest of the community (and not a poor relative), and don't be so concerned about titles and patronages (get rid of them if you ask me).
    Don't worry i'll make sure the mod community gets greate rprominence on the new site.

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

My god. That's just....unbelievable. For the nothing that it's probably worth, you guys definitely have my most sincere sympathy. I've only been an infrequent visitor to the Centre, but it's a pretty impressive community there. I hope you're up and running again ASAP.

In the meantime, and on behalf of the Org, I welcome all TWCentre refugees! Regardless of whether or not you decide to stay, there's always a place for you here.
    Last edited by Martok; 01-18-2007 at 01:49.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Yup, truly a shame.

I have been lurking around the fan sites for awhile, .Org from the time of Shogun, TWC from RTWs time. Registered to both several times I guess, but always forgetting the login details when I have put TW games on the shelf for awhile.

AAAnnywayyy, I had pretty much no idea what went on internally in TWC, the Curia and other things like that, I was just there for the gameplay discussions and especially the mods.

I sincerely hope that all the hard working modders get a new home swiftly.

Nothing against the .Org but personally I just dislike the appereance nowdays.

Where is my custom avatar? Member Lord Gruffles's Avatar

I too registered here a couple years ago and cannot for the life of me remember the password or even the email address I was using.

I always prefered TWC's layout and stuff but I must say I am very greatful for the warm welcome we have recieved here the past couple days. Frankly the only thing I'm after is EB right now so layout aside, I'm here to stay.

Again, thanks ORG.

~Gruffles

It is very good that new site is comming along old community - I myself will gladly join the site!!!

Regards
    Pro Deo et Patria

Post Re: "Mess" on twcenter.net

I agree with you Dol Guldur - the internal politics of the site are probably the cause of this event. The TWC really, due to it's republican nature, is prone to let's say, power hungry dictators, as was the original Roman Republican system. It is clear from the events that have occurred that Richard the Lionheart, the dictator, as it were, of this terrible event, was in on this "hijack" from the start, using the Ogre's network staff as a hidden path to power for the TWC site and forum, knowing that he would never get on the staff through these elections that you guys hold with the way he was behaving. This is a very immature attitude in my opinion and would never have occurred on the Guild, even if we did have overlords such as Ogre watching over us every day.

BTW, a very warm welcome to all ex-TWC members.
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 03-11-2007 at 20:55.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Crusading historian Member cegorach's Avatar

I am completelly switching to the ORG.

The whole affair happened when I wasn't even there, but such events made me disgusted enough.

Quote Originally Posted by hammi
    Nothing against the .Org but personally I just dislike the appereance nowdays.
    It's not a good idea to judge on appearances. It is most often those boards that are loaded with eye candy and unnecessary features that have the worst content, members and administration. An eye candy forum skin and lots of toys always attract the wrong kind of people.

I also agree 100% with Dol Guldur, follow that advice and the new TWC cannot fail to return stronger than ever, and replace the old one. Too much emphasis on internal politics, ranks, titles, the forum appearance, features and an elitist approach will soon land TWC back in the same situation again.

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

While I believe TWcenter had some serious problems making it, for me, an unattractive place to be an active member, and while I believe the site needed a major overhaul, I do not believe the approach taken by Ogre to achieve this was at all productive. If he wants to reform the site to something different, something without the admittedly close community ties that were present, then the least he could have done was to provide a couple of weeks notice allowing people to sort out their site, their modifications, there contacts. This he did not do, and I half wonder in appointing such an inept new administrator this was a concerted attempt to drive away as many users as possible before intergrating the forums more tightly into Ogre's Net.

I wish the best of luck in creating a new site with the old community, but I must echo the suggestions to create a tighter organization structure to prevent new issues.
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

Hey all Invictus from TWC just saying im supporting the exiled members. Hope you guys get that new site running soon, ill be sure to sign up :) -Leon

the Drama continues...

ON have fired Richard the Lionheart, and reappointed Archer as admin.

meanwhile, TWCs 4 mods now include a CA basher, a former banned member, and a homophobic member who recently engaged in gay bashing.

this is going to be interesting...
    thankfully Lusted tells me the new site is almost ready

it should be noted here, TWC politics, and the Curia, played no part whatsoever in this drama. Or the last one either. All the recent problems on TWC have been caused by the very bad relationship between the site community and pro-community staff members on the one hand, and Ogre's Net and pro ON staff members on the other. While i don;t presume to know everything thats gone on behind the scenes, when your sites owners seem to be going out of their way to screw the site over, one way or another, and someone in staff is trying to play both sides against the middle for his own advancement, something is going seriously wrong.

i long for the day when TWC is owned by its own community, and not answerable to anyone else
    Last edited by the Black Prince; 01-18-2007 at 22:15.

Head Moderator of TotalRome
    Refugee of the Total War Centre

Blog Entries

Hmmm... it seems with this massive influx of refugees it would be the precise time for the .Org to strike deep into the heart of the Sinister Empire that is Total War Center. Rally behind the .org Standard we shall fight for your salvation!

Maximizer of Marginal Utility Member Snoil The Mighty's Avatar

Wow, that whole site appears to have imploded. Don't know anything about policies&politics over there, always seemed to me that the site was a bit elitist for my tastes but the content was pretty good. I do post on another site that isn't twc or the org but geez louise, that was a huge site to go fubar like that.

I have to say I avoided the TWC after the spam attacks some of their members started on the .com. I also disliked how there was 20 different offtopic areas, all with daft latin names. But it was undoubtedly stupid to do what happened to it just recently.

Horsearcher has removed the ability for anyone to see any of my posts or the rest of the people who oppsoe him. We are baisically TWC ghosts. This is a new low for Archer who has totally lost all my respect....

If you support us post this at TWC in the Questions&Suggestions forum (I wouldn't normally advertise like this but I can't do it anywhere else):

Thread title: jp26991 says hi

Quote Originally Posted by jp26991
    Go here for the Full Article: Archer's Plot

Archer has removed our ability to post threads! Maybe even post at all. That is why I (jp26991) have to resort to using a duplicate account. I posted the following at TWC about 20 minutes ago and then found none could view it. Now my duplicate acocunt has recived a similar fate as has Ozymadias'.

It seems a few of us are having the abiltiy to search for each others posts removed. Like why can't we see my last post in my profile? (Link)
    Also why are posts being deleted even after HG ceased to be an admin. (Follow the Link in this post)

And why is Archer using invisible mode? :hmmm
    Here is the proof that i can see the thread, but no-one else can:

Archer can not be allowed to get away with this!
    Last edited by Solon of Athens; 01-20-2007 at 13:52.

That's just sick. I see that every post concerning the new site have been removed too. This guy is going to be the next president or something..

I agree with you Spartacus-FIN-, what he is doing is sick - what causes me to wonder why he want to destroy the current site even though he was previously a very well respected high-ranking Optifex, I think that is high ranking, in the community? What confuses me is why HorseArcher would want to use the ON staff for his own means and visa versa - there must be something that we are not seeing behind all this - why is he trying to destroy, by agreeing with ON's ideas, a site that he clearly once supported?
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 03-11-2007 at 21:00.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is horsearcher a good or bad guy?
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Is that site entirely run by pubescent teenagers or something? I'm afraid it looks to me as if the place will disintegrate after a power struggle. What needs to happen over there is simple: Some people need to stop playing at Senators & Republics, ban the troublemakers and get one of you installed as the main admin with sole access to the admin control panel. If a new site is started, the same needs to occur. You have based the structure of your site administration around the Roman Republic but you seem to forgetting what happened to that system eventually.

I agree there Caravel, perhaps however, not about the 100% sole access the the AdminCP. As the site is large, perhaps more than that are required to manage the site to a decent extent - perhaps up to three, like here at the .org, yet not eight - I agree with Ogre's net on that matter. Eight men managing a site is almost impossible and, as most of the time they all will be disagreeing with each other, little or nothing will get done, or at least not at high speed. With three it should be much easier to agree on a compromise.
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 03-11-2007 at 21:11.

Guys Archer is a Good Guy, I know him and worked with him for about 4 years now. He is honest and wanted TWC to be great, there were ALOT of invisible pressures and crap from higher up and he was Sacked too like all the rest, he only stepped in again to SAVE all that Hard work he put in. Think about it for over 6 months he had no help from ON and then instead of helping him or promoting they dump him and basically decide to USE TWC NAME that was built on mods to make Buku money.

Basically I also had good relationship is H&G so I wont comment on the recent actions, but to say I have only had very good dealings with him.

But the Main issue is the comment he made on what ON has planned! They WONT change their Minds, they will just WAIT again till the right time. I think its obvious ON has change policy probably because of that Internet 2 crap going on, and the corporate takeover of all the Hostsing.

They plan to dump the Modders and their Mods, which means they have become unreliable to support the modders and their work, the only logical course would to move to another site as a backup until the final blow occurs. I am totally nuetral on the political side of things over their, but ON's statements seem clear to me what they are THINKING behind the scenes and that scares me. I think they only Fired H&G because of him slipping and telling about their plans.

Who is the Main person to talk around hear for hosting possibilities?

Lt
    LT_1956 Creator of SPQR: Total War

SPQR:TW Mod forums

Blog Entries

All Hail! SPQR Total War!

used to haunt the TWC just for SPQR.

Now i want to get permabanned, so im trying to figure out who to flame.

Itll convince good people to come here!

Default Sv: "Mess" on twcenter.net

I can confirm what has been stated.
    We are at this moment being censored.
    We can post but no one can see them except ourselfs.
    My guess they are doing it to prevent us from posting the link to the new site.
    What better way is it to do that then to make us think that we have posted the link but no one will ever be able to see it.

Personally that is good.
    Now even their biggest supporters will rally to our cause and join the exodus to the new site.
    After all, how can people get help with M2TW or their mods if the modders can't post(well they can post but no one can see it) ??

Is that why Archer and the Ogre's Net admin have put us in this mode where no one can see our posts?

List of people on ignore mode:

* jp26991
    * imb39
    * Tacticalwithdrawal
    * Soren
    * Ozymandias
    * Aristocrat
    * -apocalypse-
    * Lusted
    * TB666

The list of the banned for helping us by posting messages at TWC:

* Mangerman

That is the current list we know of, others can't tell us they are on the ignore list...
    Last edited by Solon of Athens; 01-20-2007 at 15:37.

Default Sv: Re: "Mess" on twcenter.net

I'm on ignore mode too.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Sv: "Mess" on twcenter.net

A person has taken all the threads in a forum hostage until he is sure he wont be banned or something

Quote Originally Posted by Evariste
    I soft deleted all the threads in this forum just in case my posting privileges are removed. As soon as I'm sure that they won't be, I'll bring them back.

I'm not holding these "hostage," just making sure that my creation is preserved.

Professional Lurker Member Bava's Avatar
    Somewhere with a cold Augustiner in my hands

Anyone noticed the new weekly poll at TWC?

"What is the main reason you visit TWCenter?"

1. Information and help for Total War games

2. Modifications for the Total War games

3. Other topic than the Total War games

Option 2 got 71% so far ...
    "Well, whenever I'm confused, I just check my underwear. It holds the answer to all the important questions." - Grandpa Simpson

Blog Entries

Default Re: Sv: "Mess" on twcenter.net

Check out my rant in Content News in :Total War Center Forums > Community News, Articles and Interviews > Front Page News

Default Sv: Re: Sv: "Mess" on twcenter.net

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen
    Check out my rant in Content News in :Total War Center Forums > Community News, Articles and Interviews > Front Page News
    Very nice work
    Too bad it will "disappear" in a few minutes and you will be put on the global ignore list.

That poll, to me, seems like a bit of work on the part of Ogre - perhaps he is having some doubts over turning the site into a general "network" site and wants to think what the general community believe on the matter?
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 03-11-2007 at 21:13.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast