Thread: "Our soldiers are at the walls"

Default "Our soldiers are at the walls"

Can anyone tell me how to stop the constantly repetition of this and other pointless voice overs in RTW. I mean why if ever there was a more pointless piece of information???

That's my rant over for the day

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

Default Re: "Our soldiers are at the walls"

Maybe someone could mod it out... If it's not packed in a strange file format the sound files should be possible to simply replace with empty ones. I don't remember since I haven't had any RTW installed for the last few months.
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

Thanks....it really tickles me because it's not as though you're not there and cant see it for yourself. If this is supposed to be the voice of your advisor he must be a right pain in the ass constantly telling you things that are blatantly obvious....and as such he would warrant a place in the first line of the attack and team up with the clown who keeps shouting "we're under attack"

Go get a cup of tea and come back when he's finished saying it...

I actually don't mind it. Maybe you should auto resolve battles if it is a waste of your time?
    I support Israel

Auto resolve? That would remove the whole point of the game.....seems like I'm stuck with the advisor then

Maximizer of Marginal Utility Member Snoil The Mighty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tellapan
    Auto resolve? That would remove the whole point of the game.....seems like I'm stuck with the advisor then
    If you're sick of the advisor, turn it off, it's in the options before you start a game.

It's not the advisor, I had the advisor turned off and still get that message.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Turn the volume down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

make a backup of your sound folder, go in and find the file, delete it, replay the game, see if you get a CTD when he's supposed to say it. If you don't, cool, you fixed the problem. If you do, then your stuck with it until someone who knows more than me can tell you how to edit the scripting that tells the game when to say it. If you get a CTD (or any other funky problem by the way) bring back your backed-up sound folder and all is back to normal.
    Posted by John_Longarrow
    Plus there is just something fricking cool about fricking elephants with fricking cannons on their heads.

In a similar vein what about getting rid of that godamn 'zoom' to general 'zoom' to wall falling down, i know when the walls are falling down damnit

Vote: Sasaki Member ByzantineKnight's Avatar

Smile Re: "Our soldiers are at the walls"

Quote Originally Posted by Zoring
    In a similar vein what about getting rid of that godamn 'zoom' to general 'zoom' to wall falling down, i know when the walls are falling down damnit
    in preferences.txt in the Activision/Rome - Total War folder change

EVENT_CUTSCENES:TRUE

to

EVENT_CUTSCENES:FALSE
    RIP Tosa, I can't believe you are gone, but we will never forget you

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds it infuriating to be dragged away from what I'm doing to witness gates opening, generals dying and walls crumbling. I mean, the first time it's sort of fun to see but after a full length campaign.....??

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tellapan
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds it infuriating to be dragged away from what I'm doing to witness gates opening, generals dying and walls crumbling. I mean, the first time it's sort of fun to see but after a full length campaign.....??
    It depends.Someone like it or someone dont like it.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love