Thread: Generals of same culture all have to share same models?

Now sporting a classic avatar! Member fallen851's Avatar

Default Generals of same culture all have to share same models?

Title says it all.

I've been making some general skins for EB, but I didn't realize that perhaps I can't use more than one model.

In other words the East General, will have to be the same model for every "East" faction, and only the skin can differ, is this correct?

I hope that is clear, if not please tell me.
    "It's true that when it's looked at isolated, Rome II is a good game... but every time I sit down to play it, every battle, through every turn, I see how Rome I was better. Not unanimously, but ultimately." - Dr. Sane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6eaBtzqqFA#t=1h15m33s

Anything that isn't 'member' Member Squid's Avatar

Default Re: Generals of same culture all have to share same models?

You can take this with a grain of salt, but I don't think that's the case. In vanilla the spanish don't use barbarian models they use carthaginian (or at least I seem to remember there being notes in DMB that they should use carthaginian models). I may be looking in the wrong place but descr_character.txt file seems to be where you can specify which model the generals for each faction uses (both for strat and battle models). I don't know how this works for general's bodyguard units though.

-Trait/Ancillary/Building Editor

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity;
    and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Now sporting a classic avatar! Member fallen851's Avatar

Default Re: Generals of same culture all have to share same models?

Awesome, never dealt with descr_character text, but it appears to have what I need.

Thanks.
    "It's true that when it's looked at isolated, Rome II is a good game... but every time I sit down to play it, every battle, through every turn, I see how Rome I was better. Not unanimously, but ultimately." - Dr. Sane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6eaBtzqqFA#t=1h15m33s