Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the... did just happened on TWC?

EBII Mapper and Animator Member -Praetor-'s Avatar

Default What the... did just happened on TWC?

Could someone explain this for me?

All what I`ve read on the 20 threads or so that I`ve browsed, is something like a quasi coup from Ogre and someone called H&G, something about moderators and admins cleansing, a change of that gaming forum to a network forum and so on.

So... in sum, what the hell did just happen?

Will the EB forums in TWC be closed by the new admins?

Has any EB team member been affected by whatever that is happening over there?

Just a (very) confused user...

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default Re: What the... did just happened on TWC?

I don't get it. What's going on? People are protesting something and requesting their ranks removed, but getting banned instead?

EBII Mapper and Animator Member -Praetor-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    I don't get it. What's going on? People are protesting something and requesting their ranks removed, but getting banned instead?
    That`s what i`m talking about, something that like the 8 or 9 administrators were kicked off and replaced by 3...

There`s a lot of spam going on there...

TWC has got something like no moderators...

Now sporting a classic avatar! Member fallen851's Avatar

FREE THE TWC!
    Last edited by fallen851; 01-18-2007 at 02:54.
    "It's true that when it's looked at isolated, Rome II is a good game... but every time I sit down to play it, every battle, through every turn, I see how Rome I was better. Not unanimously, but ultimately." - Dr. Sane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6eaBtzqqFA#t=1h15m33s

Jedi Master Member spirit_of_rob's Avatar

its a massivly long story heres a really short one

new admin appointed anyone even remotly competant removed of their mod ranks anyone who said anything agaisnt banned when the new admin threw a little hissy fit
    Skinner/Modeller for EB

I heard something about this on the RTR forums, any chance at a long story, some place?

VOXIFEX MAXIMVS Member Shigawire's Avatar

TWC is rife with acne-faced revolutionaries who wish to take control for themselves. You get used to a coup-d'etat every now and then... but you do lose taste for the place, when you have a place like the Org, who needs TWC?
    Though I much prefer the higher PM-inbox limit at TWC..

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE

Where is my custom avatar? Member Lord Gruffles's Avatar

Shigawire is not too far off. TWC is a soap opera fan's wet dream. I gave up on that place about a year ago. I only kept going to keep in touch with a small handfull of friends and to keep up with EB, Arthurian TW and a couple of other really great mods.

I do have to say I think it's bad form to bring it all up here on the ORG, however.
    Last edited by Lord Gruffles; 01-18-2007 at 05:07.

~Gruffles

Post Re: What the... did just happened on TWC?

It is quite simple.
    The entire staff and 70% moderators at TWC got fired yesterday by the guys that own the server.
    The staff got no explanations nor any warning.
    Instead they installed a member that was banned for flaming and other things to be sole-admin.
    The moderators that were left resigned, me inclueded because we either disagreed or refused to serve under that incompetent fool(my reason).
    The other members started speaking up against this and in return they got banned.
    Then more of us got furious by this behavior and started attacking the admin for his incompetence and in return we got banned as well.
    Right now the situation is chaotic to say the least.
    There are only 3 moderators(inclueding the admin himself) for that entire forum.
    And one of the moderators got appointed yesterday.
    That moderator is a known CA-basher and loves to flame other people and was gonna get banned as well but thanks to the IQ of the admin he is now a moderator instead.
    To put it simple, TWC is dead.

But a new site is in the making by the old staff members and it will be like TWC before this whole mess started.
    According to one of the former administrators/moderators that is what happened. Awful. On the upside however, the former staff are starting a new site and the Org is getting a huge influx of refugees.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

At the order of Ogre's Net, the whole community of moderators and admins were removed. Instead, they installed Honor & Glory (total idiot, I nearly got banned because of him, and he was a big mod that time...) as admin, and he banned everyone who opposed his regime.

The CVRIA and the SIMPOSIVM were deleted(removed), and now TWC is a big bunch of crap.

So people, leave TWC and come here. Friendlier, and no stupid laws and dictatorship.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

ああそう

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

Well, whatever happened: welcome to all members moving to the .org from TWcenter, glad to have you here!
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

For some deranged reason, "Community news forum" links to a V for Vendetta clip
    [COLOR="Black"]Jesus's real name was Inuyasha Yashua!
    Any computer made after 1985 has the storage capacity to house an evil spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    What I'm showing here is that it doesn't matter how well trained or brave you are, no one can resist an elephant charge in the rear

~Fluvius

How dramatic. Hello to all the refugees, feel free to stay (there's even a Mr. T smilie here )

Wink Re: What the... did just happened on TWC?

Welcome to all new members
    I have always liked the org better then TWC...Becouse the only mod I follow is EB..

alas, the .org has became the pillar of freedom against the mighty tide of dictatorship. we are the last stand against the group of self-serving, naked, fanatical barbarians. stand firm men!!!!!!!!!!

ps.

fancy assault unit Member blank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Lord of Poop~
    alas, the .org has became the pillar of freedom against the mighty tide of dictatorship. we are the last stand against the group of self-serving, naked, fanatical barbarians. stand firm men!!!!!!!!!!

ps.
    no the RTR forums are ok too

i wonder where people will move their mods now that TWC is getting closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullheadhq View Post
    Now I can even store my dick in EB underwear

Post Re: What the... did just happened on TWC?

Quote Originally Posted by blank
    wonder where people will move their mods now that TWC is getting closed
    I would expect that they will run here as a temp measure. After that they will probably go to TWC II.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

I liked a lot TWC, but this new change made me glad of changing just a few days ago. I changed because I mostly follow EB, but I liked a lot the organization of TWC. I hope that some promising mods like Invasio Barbarorum and Hegemonia dont get lost in the oblivion caused by this disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduorius
    I liked a lot TWC, but this new change made me glad of changing just a few days ago. I changed because I mostly follow EB, but I liked a lot the organization of TWC. I hope that some promising mods like Invasio Barbarorum and Hegemonia dont get lost in the oblivion caused by this disaster.

Yeah, considering Hegemonia was about the only other one I was interested in aside from EB.

It is quite simple.
    The entire staff and 70% moderators at TWC got fired yesterday by the guys that own the server.
    The staff got no explanations nor any warning.
    Instead they installed a member that was banned for flaming and other things to be sole-admin.
    The moderators that were left resigned, me inclueded because we either disagreed or refused to serve under that incompetent fool(my reason).
    The other members started speaking up against this and in return they got banned.
    Then more of us got furious by this behavior and started attacking the admin for his incompetence and in return we got banned as well.
    Right now the situation is chaotic to say the least.
    There are only 3 moderators(inclueding the admin himself) for that entire forum.
    And one of the moderators got appointed yesterday.
    That moderator is a known CA-basher and loves to flame other people and was gonna get banned as well but thanks to the IQ of the admin he is now a moderator instead.
    To put it simple, TWC is dead.

But a new site is in the making by the old staff members and it will be like TWC before this whole mess started.
    Sounds like an excellent business model! Though I'm not sure forums are businesses, but still...

I don't know any other moderators whose posts have been deleted, or any of those who got banned for that matter, but Teleklos certainly is a more than reasonable man. I don't understand what blatantly deleting his posts rather than explaining their actions would gain the new owners (I assume it was about that, I didn't see the post myself). In fact, why trigger this mass exodus at all? It was working very well as it was, and I assume the site was making money in some way (ads? Never saw any). What ulterior motive can there possibly be for driving away every visitor?

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Well, I thought the post was reasonable at least. My interest in doing anything else at the site has hit zero though - I wouldn't advise removing the forum or anything, but pretty much any questions about EB I will direct here or to our own forum when it goes up.

Armoured Hoplite Fanatic Member germanpeon's Avatar

Question Re: What the... did just happened on TWC?

I dont really know anything about this crisis, having only recenly climbed out from the rock I lived under, but I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of the Hegemonia mod? Im on the lookout for Total War mods all the time (no offense to EB, vanilla RTW, or M2TW), but none of them ever seem to be playable yet. Sorry if Im jacking the thread, but I thought it would be less of a crime than starting a whole new thread.

Armoured Hoplite Fanatic Member germanpeon's Avatar

Question Re: What the... did just happened on TWC?

I dont really know anything about this crisis, having only recenly climbed out from the rock I lived under, but I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of the Hegemonia mod? Im on the lookout for Total War mods all the time (no offense to EB, vanilla RTW, or M2TW), but none of them ever seem to be playable yet. Sorry if Im jacking the thread, but I thought it would be less of a crime than starting a whole new thread.

Professional Lurker Member Bava's Avatar
    Somewhere with a cold Augustiner in my hands

EB not playable yet????

Anyway, here┤s the link to their forum: Hegemonia City States
    Last edited by Bava; 01-20-2007 at 23:15.
    "Well, whenever I'm confused, I just check my underwear. It holds the answer to all the important questions." - Grandpa Simpson

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Welcome TwCenter former members!!
    Hoping the .Org will be your next house,

CF

EDIT:CA should close TWcenter.net.
    LONG LIVE THE ORG!
    Last edited by Caius; 01-20-2007 at 23:13.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Quote Originally Posted by Caius Flaminius
    Welcome TwCenter former members!!
    Hoping the .Org will be your next house,

CF

EDIT:CA should close TWcenter.net.
    LONG LIVE THE ORG!
    The Org's membership must be skyrocketing now that TWC is in it's death throes. There has been talk of Ogre shutting down TWC until late February so he can revamp to a general community, at which point you'll probably see an even greater influx of new members. While a new community is about to be created, the goodwill that the Org has shown the refugees will not be forgotten and I'm sure many of us will be contributing to this forum whenever possible.

The funny thing is... It was kinda fun watching some people try to convey righteous outrage in text form. Seriously, how can anyone care that much to put effort and mphasis on a rather redundant subject? I mean, I am all for interesting gimmicks (The Curia) when I visit a forum, but some people their had way to much time devoted to it. It a nice idea (like communism), but didn't seem to work out all that well.

Ah well... I was only there for the modification anyways, like EB. Now I can focus my attention on a forum that is about the mods and modding for Total War game.

Wonder why I never visited this site sooner...
    Help make developers understand the importance of game AI and earn credits as a Game Designer. The Restaurant Game Project

WTF! That absolutly sucks! I loved TWC. I dont want to be a member to the forum as it is.

How should I get banned? Who am I to flame? What should I do?

I dont want to sink to there lvl, but god damn... ******* idoits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast