Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: v0.80 Known Bugs

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default v0.80 Known Bugs (Look over before posting)

I don't know if anyone will read this or what. But I wanted to list a the major known bugs of EB80 so maybe they would be reposted less often. So I'm posting all those I know of and what the team has said is the status on them. Commonly re-reported ones in Bold

Battle Bugs
    -Failed to find texture 'eb/data/models_unit/textures/agart_hypaspitai_macedon.tga'
    ---Caused by the Massalia Hoplites
    ---auto_calc the battle or disband these guys - or add "mercenary_unit" in EDU
    ---Fixed for .81

-Failed to find texture 'eb/data/models_unit/textures/celtic_heavy_infantry2.tga'
    ---Caused by Assilin Modarra'in mercenary
    ---same as Massalia Hoplites - autocalc, disband, or add "mercenary_unit"
    -----Fix explaination here
    ---Fixed for .81

-Failed to find texture 'eb/data/models_unit/textures/unit_barb_infantry_dacia.tga'
    ---Caused by the Baktrian Hippies
    ---auto_calc the battle or disband these guys
    -----It is possible to remove all the "hellenistic cavalry hippeis baktrioi" entries for the EB\Data\export_desc_buildings.txt
    ---Fixed for .81

-CTD when loading a battle in Darioritum (northwest Gaul)
    ---A unique building was accidentally placed in the same place as the town
    ---auto_calc any battle at the city (it is also possible to change the location in of the unique building in the custom_locations.txt)
    ---Fixed for .81

-There is a small remnant of the Reinforcement CTD
    ---RTW has a weird way of calculating traits after a battle
    ---auto_calc if repeatable (I find that making sure no enemy family member escape is a good way to avoid it)
    ---Unfixable?

-Sallying forth bug
    ---Game freezes when trying to load battle where you "sally forth"
    ---Unresolved

-Saba battle bug
    ---There is a freeze when initiating a battle against Saba sometimes
    ---Fixed for .81

Strat Map Bugs
    -CTD during the AI's turn
    ---Caused by certain cities not having the ability to recruit a garrison when rebelling
    ---Temporary fix found here: "EDB v.802 (CTD Fix)"
    ---Probably fixed for .81

-Admiral's seasonings
    ---The season (and penalties) in which an admiral is sometimes off from the true season

-Going to "View Settlement on Battlemap" will cause CTD
    ---Error on the side of causion, don't view cities
    ---Fixed for .81

-Agents (spies/assassins/diplomats) don't always have the color of their faction
    ---Fixed for .81

Graphical/Visual Bugs
    -Celtic Archers cause weird visual effects
    ---Fixed?

-There is a cavalry unit in Kappadocia that has a crazy skin error (face on back)
    ---Fixed for .81

-Spartans weild both swords and spears at the same time
    ---Fixed for .81

-Many overhand hoplites hold spear backwards
    ---Fixed for .81

-The Ptolemaic Jewish Spearmen have a graphical error on their face
    ---Fixed for .81?

-Peasant cards and Graeco-Roman Barracks as placeholders
    ---"All" placeholders are gone for .81

-Some Ptolemai buildings hover

-English translations of units in parenthases are on hanging down on the next line/unit
    ---Optional fix here: "Small text fixes for units"
    ---Changed for .81

Recruitment
    -Recruitment Holes: Various "FactionX can't recruit anything in AreaY"
    ---The AOR isn't completed yet and some places are void - also, some groups would have had trouble recruiting in some areas - also there were a couple mistakes that will be fixed in .81 (northern Iberia, for example)
    ---As more units are added to EB, this will diminishes

-Roman recruitment
    ---The Roman recruitment is a bit buggy
    ---Camilian: Intended: first five cities plus Segesta (no faction MIC outside of those six) - .80 bug: first five cities
    ---Polybian: Intended: All typeI government cities (no faction MIC outside of Italia) - .80 bug: first five plus Segesta
    ---Marian: Intended: Italy can recruit legions, a few auxilia everywhere - .80 bug: Legions in first five plus Segesta only
    ---Imperial: Legionaries in various places all around the empire, lots of auxilia everywhere
    ---Tweaked for .81

-Elephants
    ---Only available in Numidian areas - Not A Bug

---(Romans need level3 Marian factional MIC [bug])

EDB bugs
    -Can't build Great forum
    ---Typo due to the change in government systems from .7x to .80
    ---Fixed for .81

-Can't build Hippodrome
    ---Typo due to the change in government systems from .7x to .80
    ---Fixed for .81

-Romans can't build port upgrades
    ---Fixed for .81

-Dockyards unavailable
    ---Can't build level shipwrights (4 trade fleets) in towns that should be able to build dockyards (6 trade fleets) thus you can't build dockyards unless it starts with a shipwright
    ---Fixed for .81

Carthage building bugs (Government, sanitation buildings, and Temple to Tanit)
    ---The "egyptian" (Eastern Greeks) entry was used when the "egypt" (Kart-Hadast) entry was intended
    ---Fixed for .81

Gallic Stone Roads
    ---The "or" command doesn't work as it should
    ---Fixed for .81

Installer Bugs
    -Common mistakes
    ---Make sure is clean (no other mods) and patched to 1.5 or higher
    ---Make sure you direct the EB installer is pointed to the same place as you put RTW (the ...\Rome - Total War\ folder)
    ---Make sure the installer is not incomplete/corrupt

-Windows user name
    ---There is something weird that has to do with if your user name for WindowsXP has non-number/letter symbols in it

Startup Problems
    -Error message during first loading screen
    ---Make sure you had the correct RTW version (1.5 or higher)
    ---Make sure the installer wasn't incomplete/corrupt

-Loads Vanilla
    ---"mod switch" requires you use the EB desktop icon (with "-mod:eb" after the target)

EBBI
    -There is a way to make EB work with BI
    ---The AI works differently/better
    ---How to: <link goes here>

-Custom battles
    ---Custom battles in EB with BI don't work
    ---Someone found a way to fix it: <link goes here>
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; 02-07-2007 at 09:00.

Default Re: v0.80 Known Bugs

Stuck.

LOL Thanks.

Btw, if anyone, especially the team, finds I made a mistake please say so...
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; 01-19-2007 at 00:17.

Updated

Especially "Roman Recruitment" (correct me if it's wrong)

I mentioned this somewhere before but, at least with Romans, Carthaginians and Ptolemaics, fleet admirals have different seasonal circulation. They are, if I remember correctly, always one season behind. Like when it is winter admirals have the autumn trait, and in spring they have the winter trait.
    Or then I'm just drunk. Not a big thing either way...

Sorry if I have said this many times, but people who plays with BI.exe gets CTD when trying to play custom and historical battles.

(I have got installed RTW+patch 1.2+BI expansion+1.6 patch)

It might not be a bug but it is a problem.
    Thanks in advance.

Hi guys. I get the _unit_barb_infantry_dacia.tga bug everytime I fight Baktria and it's making my Seleukid campaign unplayable.

Everytime I fight Baktria forces they have the unit in their armies and I have to autocalculate battles. Playing on h/m means the results are less than desirable and could be easily avoided if I fought myself.

So can anyone give me instructions on how to take out the buggy units so it doesn't mess up my future campaigns?

Unless .81 comes out soo in which case it won't matter, but thank you in advance to anyone that can help me.

"I fought with all that I had, but at the end I was left wounded, bloodied, and broken and asking myself, "Why?"."

Go into the export descr_building file. Delete every line with "hellenistic cavalry hippeis baktrioi" in it. Then baktria won't be able to recruit them, so it's only a matter of killing the ones they have left.
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

1) If you "View Settlement on Battlemap" for Aedui, Arverni, Casse, Getai, Hayasdan, Pahlava, Saka, Sauromatae, or Sweboz, the game will CTD. (Fixed for v.81)

2) Many of the Strat Map Diplomats, Spies, and Assassins don't match the faction colors and/or have a different color than the UI Cards. (Fixed for v.81)

3) Recruitment for Augustan Era Rome has been fixed.
    Last edited by Kull; 01-28-2007 at 23:41.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

@Fondor Yards: All I can find is a "hellenistic cavalry thrakioi hippeis". I know Baktria replaced Thrace so should I delete the lines with that in it or should I be looking somewhere else?

I'm looking at the export_descr_buildings.txt-notepead right now, and I don't want to delete or edit anything until I'm completely sure what it is.

"I fought with all that I had, but at the end I was left wounded, bloodied, and broken and asking myself, "Why?"."

It's in there. Here's the first few recruitment lines for it. Just open the file, open the find function, and paste recruit "hellenistic cavalry hippeis baktrioi" 0 requires into the field. Then keep deleteing them till you can't find any more. Also Bactria used the old Brutii slot, iirc Eurpis uses the old Thrace spot.

recruit "hellenistic cavalry hippeis baktrioi" 0 requires factions { romans_brutii, } and hidden_resource EA and hidden_resource D and hidden_resource y1 and hidden_resource y2 and hidden_resource y4 and hidden_resource n8
    recruit "hellenistic cavalry hippeis baktrioi" 0 requires factions { romans_brutii, } and hidden_resource EA and hidden_resource D and hidden_resource n1 and hidden_resource n2 and hidden_resource n4 and hidden_resource y8
    recruit "hellenistic cavalry hippeis baktrioi" 0 requires factions { romans_brutii, } and hidden_resource EA and hidden_resource B and hidden_resource y1 and hidden_resource n2 and hidden_resource y4 and hidden_resource n8
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

Oh okay I got confused cause the used Bactria in the Thrace spot for RTR.

So I deleted them all until I couldn't find anymore so will it go okay now?

It means they can't recruit any more of the bugged units. So all you have to worry about is all the ones they built before hand and still have wandering around.

It's like exterminating ants after killing the queen.

Thank you for your help Fondor Yards. Now I can continue playing as my beloved Seleukids until the world is mine.

I included the Baktrian Hippies removal in a new EDB I uploaded:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=78531

Ok so from the above list I have a save game of a bug - looks like its the sallying forth bug

As the ptolomaic - select the army at Side and sally forth - locks up

didnt know if anyone needed the save game for error checking or something

http://members.westnet.com.au/rogun/...es/Sidebug.sav

Also the Jewish militia unit dont have spears rendered on the battlemap
    Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    its pevergeren.

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yunus Dogus
    Also the Jewish militia unit dont have spears rendered on the battlemap
    I'm looking at the Seleukid version on the battlemap right now, and they have one javelin in the right hand and two more in the left. And use them in battle and everything.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Here are the Ptolemaic Jewish Spearmen for v0.81:

Good spear, good face, good to go!

Saka Peltastai Indohellenikoi don't have their meele spear, and they also have a small white stripe running from their nose to forhead/helm.

They look choice MarcusAureliusAntoninus

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    its pevergeren.

I found two new one bugs, one in battle with a certain unit and once with loading different faction saves.

First there's a graphics bug with a certain Baktrian unit the Baktrian Agemata Elite Infantry or something I think where they have these huge floating shields around them when you zoom in on them.

The second one has to do with loading saves from different factions. For instance if I load an Epeiros save after playing as Carthage I have to repair or rebuild the government buildings in cities I've conquered that you don't start out possessing in the beginning of the campaign. This might seem insignificant at first, but if you've made a big empire and have to repair a building in almost all of your cities every time you load it after playing as another faction it can be pretty bad.

These two might just have to do with my install of EB, but I still hope spotting these things can help the team out with .85 formerly known as .81.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathEmperor
    The second one has to do with loading saves from different factions. For instance if I load an Epeiros save after playing as Carthage I have to repair or rebuild the government buildings in cities I've conquered that you don't start out possessing in the beginning of the campaign. This might seem insignificant at first, but if you've made a big empire and have to repair a building in almost all of your cities every time you load it after playing as another faction it can be pretty bad.
    This one has been known for a while. Unfortunately it cannot be fixed. You just have to quit out the "Rome-TW.exe" program before going to a different faction.

Another issue : Eqvites Extraordinarii (Roman Italian medium cavalry) fight with empty hands. Check out the model ,they don't carry any lances.

Forgotten Empire

I got a Texture CTD here but I don't know if it was reported yet.

Failed to find texture 'eb/data/models_unit/textures/CELTIC_HEAVY_INFANTRY2.TGA.PSD

It was a mercenary unit recruited in Homna. I will give you a screenshot of the unit's name in a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordecai
    I got a Texture CTD here but I don't know if it was reported yet.

Failed to find texture 'eb/data/models_unit/textures/CELTIC_HEAVY_INFANTRY2.TGA.PSD

It was a mercenary unit recruited in Homna. I will give you a screenshot of the unit's name in a moment.
    I believe that is due to a similar error as the Massalia Hoplites.
    Refer to this thread:https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=78588

Hi, I downloaded the file recommended for fixing CTD during the AI turn and it does not fix the issue. I noted that the downloaded file was 9.08MB and the file it replaced was only 133KB, is this correct? Anyway, my current game has been going for 50 + turns and this only just started, very frustrating. Any way to fix it? Many thanks.

Tony Luke

Hey guys!

I have repeatedly experienced crashes going to battlemap when using
    the Marsilles (Southern France) unique hoplite, in case you didnt know

Quote Originally Posted by tony luke
    Hi, I downloaded the file recommended for fixing CTD during the AI turn and it does not fix the issue. I noted that the downloaded file was 9.08MB and the file it replaced was only 133KB, is this correct? Anyway, my current game has been going for 50 + turns and this only just started, very frustrating. Any way to fix it? Many thanks.

Tony Luke
    You put it in the wrong folder. It goes in the "EB\Data" folder, it sounds like you put it in the "data" folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelus
    Hey guys!

I have repeatedly experienced crashes going to battlemap when using
    the Marsilles (Southern France) unique hoplite, in case you didnt know
    It's the first one on the list in the first post...

I have .81a and with level 2 gov post marian reforms i get the barraks but i cannot recruit vigilles in Ak-ink, and greece and macedonia any thoughts?

My first thought is, you should have posted that in a new thread rather than arbitrarily in this sticky. My next thought is, I have no idea about recruitment holes beyond the fact that they still exist.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast