Thread: Shipside Assistance

Default Shipside Assistance

Playing as Portugal, I had a full stack navy of the coast of Rome. Then a storm came and kicked the crap out of my fleet. (about 30% losses) So I was kind pissed. I was cycling through my cities and Lisbon said that it had units that were retrainable. So I was curious as what needed retraining in Lisbon, maybe there was another storm there as well. My storm battered fleet showed up as ready to get retrained and refitted although they were physically still off the coast of Rome. I was like, cool! and started putting ships in the retraining que. Sure enough, the next turn, the ships in the que were all fixed ready to go. I doubt all the ships originated from Lisbon but at least some of them were. Kinda like roadside assistance from Geico or something. This only happened once so far and I wasn't actively looking for it so I am not sure if anything caused it or not.

Default Re: Shipside Assistance

Whoah! I've never seen that before. Maybe only after a storm. What buildings did Lisbon have?

Maximizer of Marginal Utility Member Snoil The Mighty's Avatar

Now that's an interesting oddity, haven't seen that before. AAA for ships anyone?

Senior Member Senior Member Carl's Avatar

AAA for ships anyone?
    I don't think they had Flak Cannon back then
    Find my ProblemFixer Purehere.

This ProblemFixer fixes the following: 2-Hander bug, Pike Bug, Shield Bug, Chasing Routers, Cav not Charging, Formation Keeping Improved, Trait Bugs, and Ancillary Bugs.

BETA Testers needed for the current version of RebuildProblemFixer. Thread here

Chosun,

I've seen that before but it was when I cheated (move_character) to move my fleet. The fleet was in Cyprus' port and I cheated to move it near Constantinople, but the ships still showed as being in the port.
    If you didn't cheat to move the fleet then I have no idea!

Nellup
    "A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something." - Plato

Confiscator of Swords Member dopp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carl
    I don't think they had Flak Cannon back then
    No no, he's referring to something else I think:

AAA = Anti-Aircraft Artillery: Guns designed for high-angle fire to shoot down enemy aircraft.

AAA = American Automobile Association: The guys who come and fix up/tow away your car when you break down in the middle of nowhere.

I knew what he meant Dopp, I was having a wind up to see if anyone wuld bite, and being a touch sarcastic at the same time.

This ProblemFixer fixes the following: 2-Hander bug, Pike Bug, Shield Bug, Chasing Routers, Cav not Charging, Formation Keeping Improved, Trait Bugs, and Ancillary Bugs.

Confiscator of Swords Member dopp's Avatar

And I was the unlucky loser... Must remember to read more carefully in future. And concentrate on one thread at a time.

yep.

Not your fualt, you should see some of the things I post at 2 in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellup
    Chosun,

I've seen that before but it was when I cheated (move_character) to move my fleet. The fleet was in Cyprus' port and I cheated to move it near Constantinople, but the ships still showed as being in the port.
    If you didn't cheat to move the fleet then I have no idea!

Nellup

Wow, I never tried that cheat with ships before. Now I know how. Just a strange instance probably.

Knight of Santiago Member baron_Leo's Avatar

I think it is not bad he explained the second meaning of AAA, 'cause I had no idea what it could be (I was really thinking about flaks:-))
    "A magyarok nyilaitól - ments meg Uram minket!" (középkori ima)

"Lord save us from the bows of the Hungarians!"
    (medieval prayer)

Official Self-Proclaimed Junior Vice President and founder of the almost existing unofficial Knights of Santiago Fan Club

Good Point actually, you'd probably only have heard of the AAA if you live in Britan I think.

Maximizer of Marginal Utility Member Snoil The Mighty's Avatar

I work night's here at good 'ol AAA in fact, though I'm not sure they are happy I spend downtime on the boards....

...but in case they are gonna have to live with it!
    Last edited by Snoil The Mighty; 01-21-2007 at 01:11.