Page 107 of 108 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,210 of 3213

Thread: The "What are you playing?" topic.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: The "What are you playing?" topic.

Open Beta on Steam?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    Open Beta on Steam?
    Nah, you can/could preorder on Steam, but the game will be Epic-Store-exclusive upon release on Tuesday.
    The Beta was on UPlay, but it ended on the 14th. Official release is the 16th, so Tuesday.
    I liked the Beta, it felt a lot like Anno 1404 with some changes and improvements, but nothing that would make the game worse IMO.
    So I bought and preloaded it.

I had a couple U-Points that were about to expire and got a 20% rebate coupon. Why buy a UbiSoft game on Steam or Epic if you need UPlay anyway and can get 20% off there if you've already played a few of their games (a coupon for 20% off is 100 U-Points or what they're called)?

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

I'm seriously considering it, but I'm wary of AAA releases nowadays. Too many bugs on launch.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Anyone played Tannenberg? I bought the game and the upgrade this week and I really like it so far - solid core gameplay and a fresh take on fronts.

Proud

Been to:

I play this

and this

nowadays.
    Wooooo!!!

Oh wow, Gran Turismo - I loved that on PS2!

Proud

Been to:

Call of Duty - Black Ops 4. Got it for 12 dollars on the Humble Bundle!

Back playing some Insurgency - Sandstorm as they have released multiple hotfixes & patches that make the game much more enjoyable.

Proud

Been to:

World War 3 has a free weekend coming up!

Is anyone playing Hearts of Iron IV?

Proud

Been to:

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I've played a few months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is anyone playing Hearts of Iron IV?
    Waiting for the update before I launch it.
    I believe @Philippus Flavius Homovallumus has played recently.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Waiting for the update before I launch it.
    I believe @Philippus Flavius Homovallumus has played recently.
    I have been, though I'm a bit burned out on single-player right now with the bugs and the fact the US always declares war on another democratic country and then repeatedly nukes Canada.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

I've played as Canada recently and it happened exactly the same like in my France game - the AI cannot do naval invasions or help in any meaningful way.

As Canada, the USA has about 100+ divisons loitering around the United States while I'm trying to fight in North Africa with some UK divisions. It's pointless. Unless you fight directly and you yourself open up bridgeheads and invasions, no chance of proper reinforcements.

Proud

Been to:

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

I've played as Canada recently and it happened exactly the same like in my France game - the AI cannot do naval invasions or help in any meaningful way.

As Canada, the USA has about 100+ divisons loitering around the United States while I'm trying to fight in North Africa with some UK divisions. It's pointless. Unless you fight directly and you yourself open up bridgeheads and invasions, no chance of proper reinforcements.
    Honestly, I wouldn't play a minor, I'd only play a major - and I'd define that as probably not including France.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Canada, with the DLCs included, has a developed tech tree which is quite nice. It allows you a certain style of play.

However, Canada cannot match in any way the industrial output, no matter how much you try, so you're stuck in an endless loop until the 1950's or until you get bored.

Proud

Been to:

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

@edyzmedieval How do you like AoE2:DE? I dropped if for a while because of performance issues, might pick it up again soon I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    @edyzmedieval How do you like AoE2:DE? I dropped if for a while because of performance issues, might pick it up again soon I think.
    Mixed bag to be honest - it has a lot of revamped features, but the mix of modern-ish graphics and updated mechanics makes it to me (a huge AoE2 original fan) kind of iffy. It's just not my thing, I prefer the original by far. I only played about 5-6 hours of AoE2 DE but I have about 22-23 of AoE2 HD. And probably over 4-500 hours of the original.

HD version in this case, because I need it compatible with Windows 10.

Proud

Been to:

Member thankful for this post:

Csargo 

Mixed bag to be honest - it has a lot of revamped features, but the mix of modern-ish graphics and updated mechanics makes it to me (a huge AoE2 original fan) kind of iffy. It's just not my thing, I prefer the original by far. I only played about 5-6 hours of AoE2 DE but I have about 22-23 of AoE2 HD. And probably over 4-500 hours of the original.

HD version in this case, because I need it compatible with Windows 10.
    What updated mechanics bothered you? I played through a few campaigns and didn't notice anything, most of my issues were performance based. I played a decent amount of HD, but never messed with the DLCs.

You see the HD / 4K-ified animations of the units and it feels, personally, weird to see them. Personal preference. Old ones are nicer.

Proud

Been to:

You see the HD / 4K-ified animations of the units and it feels, personally, weird to see them. Personal preference. Old ones are nicer.
    The updated graphics don't bother me that much, but they are weird to see. I like to quality of life stuff, (shift queuing builds/tasks and other stuff) it's nice.

Back to some regular Counter Strike GO (CSGO) and advancing through the Story Mode in GTA V.

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So apparently my Top 3 played games past 2 weeks on Steam are: Rome: Total War, Total War: Rome 2 and now Total War: Rome Remastered

Members thankful for this post (3):

Installed Witcher 2 Collectors Edition... time to have some old fashioned fun.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Anyone else playing Mass Effect: Legendary Edition? Really enjoying the improvements to the first game and its now much more playable. Even if the inventory system is still horrid.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

There's Civilization VI Platinum Edition out for Humble Bundle Choice this month, might be worth a shot looking at.

Proud

Been to:

So, this is quite popular - recently released out of Early Access, it's now fully available to enjoy. I plan on buying it for the Steam Winter Sale.

Proud

Been to:

So, this is quite popular - recently released out of Early Access, it's now fully available to enjoy. I plan on buying it for the Steam Winter Sale.

I know I posted this about 2 years ago, fast forward, this is very very popular. Sold a high number of copies, and despite some stiff competition (Post Scriptum) it's the nr. 1 WW2 realistic FPS.

Proud

Been to:

This ver is too error. :(

I've been playing a significant amount of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (2022) lately, for a good number of hours, and I want to rant a bit.

I intensely dislike SBMM. Skill Based Matchmaking, SBMM, esentially brings you together playing with players who are esentially the same skill level as you. In practice it sounds great, in reality, it breaks up games very often and every single time the lobby is switched, based on your internal rating (Elo rating). Very frustrating overall because it no longer feels like a game, it feels like an eSports competition. Which is a shame, because COD has advanced a lot in the weaponry category, allowing you to customise your weapons quite a lot now. Plus sounds and weapon feel is way more realistic. But man, that SBMM, super ultra annoying and frustrating to play.

And of course microtransactions everywhere.

Proud

Been to:

Page 107 of 108 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108 LastLast