Page 2 of 108 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The "What are you playing?" topic.

Viceroy of the Indian Empire Member Duke Malcolm's Avatar
    Dùn Dèagh, the People's Republic of Scotland, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

Default Re: The "What are you playing?" topic.

Victoria: Empire under the sun. Nearing the end of my first campaign, as UK to build the British Empire...

Once that's rounded off, i'll switch back to Morrowind and HoI2:Doomsday + MDS2 mod, and rebuild the British Empire...
    Last edited by Duke Malcolm; 01-20-2007 at 19:56.
    It was not theirs to reason why,
    It was not theirs to make reply,
    It was theirs but to do or die.
    -The Charge of the Light Brigade - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

"Wherever this stone shall lie, the King of the Scots shall rule"
    -Prophecy of the Stone of Destiny

"For God, For King and country, For loved ones home and Empire, For the sacred cause of justice, and The freedom of the world, They buried him among the kings because he, Had done good toward God and toward his house."
    -Inscription on the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Joolz
    I REALLY want to play World of Warcraft, I haven't bought it yet. Hear that Buring Crusades expansion came out for it. I fear that it will suck my life away, but I still want to play it...
    Oh, it will suck your life away, but you might as well join The Collective. You will be assimilated.

P.S. you don't need the Burning Crusades expansion right away, unless you're going to race to level 60+, or you want to play one of the 2 new races (both of which are dorky, IMO). It's a lot of fun if you take your time through the early levels, and in many ways I think that's the best part of the game.
    Feaw is a weapon.... wise genewuhs use weuuhw! -- Jebe the Tyrant

Currently playing: F.E.A.R.

O, what horror, what horror! Playing this game surely's a good way to stop your heart from beating once in a while. As soon as I hear that paranormal-like sound effect and seeing the flickering of that HUD, my brain freezes!

It's a good game, and despite I've heard people complaining about the repetitive surroundings, it actually's very effective, for seeing certain similar-looking areas might make you think twice before advancing.

The expectation one hath, 'tis too much. The tribal music when you are to engage in battle with foes sounds great, but howsabout the suspenseful music (or sound effects) that make you expect the most horrific occurrences in some climax? Not good for the heart, arrrgh! Especially when nothing happens at all.

The weapons are great.

The visuals are great (even on lower-medium settings). I'm playing it on my low-end PC with DX8 and have most settings to lo-med, with LCD resolution of 1280x1024, and it runs great. Only the autosave slows down the thing, but that's usually over very quickly.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I'm now stuck at some part. The room looks like some kind of attic, very dark, lots of wood around inside. There's a door but it's blocked off on the inside. It's some time after which Fettel tells you "she's around, her presence is strong here," which freaked me out, 'cause I'd expect to see "her" again.
    Emotion, passions, and desires are, thus peace is not.
    Emotion: you have it or it has you.

---

Pay heed to my story named The Thief in the Mead Hall.
    No.

---

Check out some of my music.

I've always got a game of Imperialism II on the back burner and I just wrapped up two of my best campaigns ever. The first one I completed in 1764, the second in 1754. And that was on a difficulty level of 380, playing the weakest available faction and, of course, with my personal iron man rules

Also playing the occasional scenario of Shadow Magic, on my way to finishing the game. The last one was terrific fun, I captured eight cities in the first 20 turns or so and wrapped the whole thing up really neatly, capturing every city on the map and killing the enemy wizard on the last move of the last turn. You don't often get to do that in the AOW series because the scenarios end as soon as you fulfill the often obscure victory conditions, which is pretty annoying when there is still plenty of challenge left in the level!

The latest enthusiasm though is for the Europa Universalis Demo, which currently has me anticipating a new game more than I have in a long time.
    Last edited by screwtype; 01-20-2007 at 23:21.

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

Resident Evil 4. Because it's like giving crack to an addict. It's the PS2 version, obviously, because the GameCube version sucks.
    I want to play the European version though. :(

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen
    Right

Browser Games:
    Ogame
    Cybernations
    You play CN? Which alliance are you a part of?
    I want to bathe in their blood...I want to bathe in their blood for a week!-Freaky Roman General

Formerly Seedexodus...not that anyone cares

L'Etranger Senior Member Banquo's Ghost's Avatar
    Hunting the Snark, a long way from Tipperary...

Well, on the MacBook Pro Windows partition I have a stalled M2:TW game as the Moors - still learning, and there's something about it that doesn't grab me like MTW. Ultima Online gets booted up regularly (now in my ninth year of this MMORPG).

On the OSX partition I have a game of Baldur's Gate 2 just finishing (about the tenth time I've gone through this) Civ IV which as others have noted, is too addictive and tends to get me into trouble, and I'm trying out WoW a little - pretty landscapes, but I've never been a fan of levelling games. I have an installation of Victoria too, but it is all too overwhelming to get into.
    "If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

Post Re: The "What are you playing?" topic.

I am currently having fun playing the Settlers IV Gold. Do any of you guys here play this good old/new 2001 classic?
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 01-21-2007 at 19:31.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Viceroy of the Indian Empire Member Duke Malcolm's Avatar
    Dùn Dèagh, the People's Republic of Scotland, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

I play Settlers II, I find it much better than any successor...
    It was not theirs to reason why,
    It was not theirs to make reply,
    It was theirs but to do or die.
    -The Charge of the Light Brigade - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

"Wherever this stone shall lie, the King of the Scots shall rule"
    -Prophecy of the Stone of Destiny

"For God, For King and country, For loved ones home and Empire, For the sacred cause of justice, and The freedom of the world, They buried him among the kings because he, Had done good toward God and toward his house."
    -Inscription on the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior

Europa Universalis III demo, Call of Duty 2, BF2, and on N64...Ocarina of Time!*

* The music of Kakariko village is still the best to have a chill out drinking session ever. Although I may be strange.

Professional Lurker Member Bava's Avatar
    Somewhere with a cold Augustiner in my hands

Ocarina of Time! I loved this game!
    "Well, whenever I'm confused, I just check my underwear. It holds the answer to all the important questions." - Grandpa Simpson

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

PC:
    -America's Army (I'm new to the game, if anyone has tips, that'd be great)
    -MOH:AA (online only, really)
    -Mafia (fooling around in Free Ride for the most part)
    -HOI:II Doomsday (of course)
    -M:TW VI (XL Mod)
    -BI (Corsair Invasion Mod)

Gamecube:
    -Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (I just got back to it)

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Lots and lots of Flightsim 2004. With all the add-ons I've installed it's up to 13 gigs.

IL2-Pacific Fighters series but I don't have the new all-in-one IL2-46 DVD edition yet.

Still On the slow slog through Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory. maybe I'll finish it this year.

Not sure I even have enough room on my HD to reinstall M:TW2. I'll have to clean out some junk.
    Unto each good man a good dog

Quote Originally Posted by Omanes Alexandrapolites
    I am currently having fun playing the Settlers IV Gold. Do any of you guys here play this good old/new 2001 classic?
    I had a blast with the original Settlers, which was on the Amiga, but I wasn't nearly so impressed with its sequels on the PC.

Settlers IV is the latest isn't it? The 3D version? Yes, I'd like to try that game out, but I'm not going to buy it until it becomes a budget game. AU$29 is about my limit for any game these days, with very occasional exceptions. One of those exceptions will be EU3, which is due out here next month.

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Looking at getting back into Eve-online... just so relaxing a game to play.
    Last edited by Papewaio; 01-22-2007 at 05:22.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kekvit Irae
    Resident Evil 4. Because it's like giving crack to an addict. It's the PS2 version, obviously, because the GameCube version sucks.
    I want to play the European version though. :(
    That's a first

Right now I'm playing;

M2TW
    Civ 4 Warlords
    Act of War
    I support Israel

1) MTW
    2) STW
    3) RTW

I notice that alot of people that were playing M2TW seem to have gone back to playing other games.

I'm playing Aevum Obscurum daily (10 mins or so)
    Have the Anno 1701 Demo installed (can't be bothered to buy the game itself, demo is good enough for now)
    And I'm playing Fire Emblem (6 and 7)

that's it really ... apart from a MTW2 MP game now and then

Quote Originally Posted by screwtype
    Settlers IV is the latest isn't it? The 3D version? Yes, I'd like to try that game out, but I'm not going to buy it until it becomes a budget game. AU$29 is about my limit for any game these days, with very occasional exceptions. One of those exceptions will be EU3, which is due out here next month.
    Hi,
    Settler III introduced the first ever 3D engine and Settlers IV drastically improved on it. The latest version, which cannot really be called a settlers game is Settlers V (Heritage of Kings). It is really a fusion of the Settlers IV with AoE with much more AoE in it than Settlers. It completely revamped almost everything focusing more on combat and losing the good old classical carrier system, now it is recourse gets exploited and gets "magically" teleported to some invisible treasury. It also included (shock, horror) cavalry for the first time ever in the series! It is, however, still an exceptional game, capable of beating most other RTS games both with the story and the graphics. It does, however, lack the extreme complex depth that the Settlers 4 and below had. If you desire to buy it then The Settlers IV Gold is pretty cheap at the moment, I got it for £7.50 off Amazon.co.uk so if you want to try it I would strongly recommend it.
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 01-22-2007 at 18:18.

Simulation Monkey Member The_Mark's Avatar

Currently, I'm playing Frets on Fire. I would be playing OFP, EB, ArmA, possibly EUII, probably BG2 if I had the time.

Yeah, I thought Settlers V sounded interesting but I wasn't sure how it had been received. Sounds like it might be worth a look.

Thanks for the recommendation on Settlers IV, I've got all the other games in the series so I guess I might as well check that one out as well

PS2
    NBA Live 2005 - Just messing about with a super-team.
    Call of Duty - Borrowed it off a friend. He needs it back by Wednesday so I should get through the American missions as soon as possible, but I don't think they're as fun as the other two campaigns.

PC
    I'll be playing RTW again soon when this Gaul PBM starts. Better reinstall it.
    Last edited by Craterus; 01-22-2007 at 19:43.

Blog Entries

Sim City 4 lately.

I just can't help my micromanaging fetish, and because I can't micromanage effectively around the house, I have to settle with building a Megalopolis.

Quote Originally Posted by screwtype
    Thanks for the recommendation on Settlers IV, I've got all the other games in the series so I guess I might as well check that one out as well
    Good luck. Enjoy destroying Morbus and watch out for Shamans!

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

M2:TW English campaign also Vicky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quintus Libo / Austria Member Glaucus's Avatar

PC
    RTW (1.5 and RTR Platinum, Carthage on RTR, about 20 turns in)
    BI (1.6)
    Call of Duty2
    Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (best online game I've ever played, great community of star wars nerds, if thats your thing I highly recommend)
    Hearts of Iron 2, recently bought it cheap, still getting used to it and getting into it
    MOHAA, mostly MP, but SP is suprisingly fun

PS2
    NFL Madden 2007, if you don't like in the USA you won't understand how amazing this game is
    LOTR: The Return of the King, for goofing off with friends, nothing is as satisfying as stabbing an orc as Frodo or Samwise
    Last edited by Glaucus; 01-23-2007 at 00:59.
    HBO Rome:
    Mark Anthony
    :I shall be a good Politican, even if it kills me... or anyone else for that matter.

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glaucus
    MOHAA, mostly MP, but SP is suprisingly fun
    Which servers do you play?

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

Wierd, noone other than me is playing starcraft, but battle.net is still always full i guess its those koreans
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

Quote Originally Posted by Caravel
    1) MTW
    2) STW
    3) RTW

I notice that alot of people that were playing M2TW seem to have gone back to playing other games.
    Wow you're a real Total War fanatic aren't you?
    I support Israel

Page 2 of 108 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast