Page 4 of 108 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: The "What are you playing?" topic.

Default Re: The "What are you playing?" topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kekvit Irae
    MW4 did, indeed, have a plot, which ties into the BattleTech universe. Unfortunately, it was marred by bad acting. MW4: Mercenaries was VASTLY superior to MW4 in every way. No lame Live Action videos, and an open-ended game. Plus I love how you can take a Jade Falcon Nova Commander as a bondsman. Much love to the Clanners.
    The bad acting is what I was referring to. The "campaign" was also very restrictive and annoying. I much preferred the campaign in MW2 as either Wolf or Jade Falcon. The IS did not come into MW2 at all, it was purely clan. The landscapes were haunting looking, bleak moons and isolated bases. The missions were straighrforward and without the annoying scripted sequences. There was no resource management or salvage involved, this is what imho marred MW2: Mercenaries which, despite a massive range of chassis and weapons, was flawed in many other respects (CTDs). All of the usual suspects were present in MW2, the Hellbringers (lokis), Summoners (Thors), Direwolves (Daishi), Kit Foxes (Uller), Timberwolves (Madcats) etc. The main differences were the lasers, they were star wars style rather than true laser style, and the graphics. The PPCs were also quite funny in that they're like two large low velocity fuzzy silver balls, and the gauss projectile is like one smaller polished silver ball that breaks up feebily when it hits the target. The damage these weapons do is worth the compensation however. The same heat management exists, as does the weapon grouping alpha strikes and mech bay for customizing the weapons load. You could place anything inside a mech in any position, which was somewhat unrealistic, but added to the flexibility alot. The interface was much more intuitive than the MW4 one. If you can pick up the MW2 3dfx Interactive Edition on ebay, it's definitely worth it. To run it on a modern graphics card though you'll need a Glide Wrapper program and some luck.

The first Mechcommander game was also a good one.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Took the idea from Martok and tried installing Birth of the Federation on a widescreen XP laptop. Definite issues with the standard patch (botf102e), the sound was all messed up, the games options corrupted, and the game hung as soon as a campaign was started. Searched around, found the XP patch, and fired up a Klingon campaign, no problems. A little rusty on the tech tree, but having fun abusing the Cardassians.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Ironically, I'm now playing a Cardassian campaign. I teamed up with the Ferengi to take out the Federation, and have now teamed up with the Klingons to take out the Romulans. As a result, we are now in a three-way alliance with each other (the Fergs & Klings only have an affiliation treaty, but they're still on good terms with each other); and we will all "win" as soon as the Romulans are eliminated. Talk about your strange bedfellows....
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

PC: I'm currently playing MnB (with my personal little mod) and M2TW (2nd camp). I don't have much time for games for almost a year now.

PS2: my PS2 has been collecting a few layers of dust. The last game I played was DW4.

Next games on the "to play" list: CoH2 and ArmA

Edit: for PS2, I may get Spartan to complete the set and may be playing it sometimes.
    Last edited by pdoan8; 02-03-2007 at 05:03.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

C6C Renegade in SP when the modem doesnt work

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Quote Originally Posted by Rythmic
    Thank you.

I thought I'd complain more, AoE III, improvements are non-existent and it is too fantasy.
    I quite like AoE III...ok its not realistic fair enough but its a darn good game to play online!
    I support Israel

What am i playing?
    - dods (as always)
    - css (when i really, truly have nothing better to do)
    - vtm:bloodlines (when i feel like being frustrated)
    - defcon (when i can get a game)
    - m2tw (sometimes)
    - sourceforts (when my mates play)
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Downloaded the new release of Fourth Age: Total War. It's excellent.

Charge Men............Retreat! Member The Foolish Horseman's Avatar

im playing:

Command Conquer first decade
    Rtw gold +alexander
    MTw gold
    STW gold
    Oblivion
    Black and white 2
    EB
    NTW2
    MTW2

i have a lot of free time and live on my pc

lol
    Last edited by The Foolish Horseman; 02-03-2007 at 19:02.

IN Total War I Trust!!

The Foolish Horseman, previously known as GBB

Well, I've reinstalled dear old mtw after a year long pause and I'm at the beginning of what's shaping out to be a wonderful Samurai Mod campaign, and all I can say is that I'm very, very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the mod - it's like Shogun TW mk2! Why didn't I get Viking Invasion earlier?!

Ive picked up my Birth of the Federation campaign again just this afternoon... have declared war to the Federation right after the Romulans did (hehe) and I'm right in the middle of absorbing them into the my Dominion Alliance.

There's nothing quite like orbital bombarding a planet full of whining pacifists... Total war! :)

Still haven't seen much of Starfleet - am looking forward to meeting them with my 2 squadrons of Jem'hadar fighters, 2 squadrons of Dominion battlecruisers and one mother of a Dominion battleship!
    Last edited by Nikpalj; 02-03-2007 at 22:46.
    Becoming one with your sword means not becoming / one with your soul realizing who you already are / everything / that there is nothing to become.

I've just been playing Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. Not a bad game. Nothing special, though. Sort of reminded me of Severence - Blade of Darkness. The endings were all a bloody anti-climax though.
    When Adam delved and Eve span, Who was then the gentleman? From the beginning all men by nature were created alike, and our bondage or servitude came in by the unjust oppression of naughty men. For if God would have had any bondsmen from the beginning, he would have appointed who should be bound, and who free. And therefore I exhort you to consider that now the time is come, appointed to us by God, in which ye may (if ye will) cast off the yoke of bondage, and recover liberty. - John Ball

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

We got a XboX 360 gaming console at work the other day. We had our first session friday night.
    One game : Fight Night round 3 is just excellent. What a game!!!
    Never been so into a sports game before. Cudos to the deveopers... it actually takes a little skill to work your boxer around the ring and you can play a host of various styles.
    As a previous boxer I was enthralled from the beginning. I could fight with my old style and it was fun to see Evander Holyfield beat Muhammed Ali using a Light-Heavy style of walking around the oponent throwing lot's of jabs. His jabs actually made a difference.
    Two lucky Haymakers and Ali was out.
    Status Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Husar
    It's really bad, I can give you my adress and you can send it to me, ok?
    Oh yeah, and I might as well send you my credit card as well, and how about my car keys and watch too?
    I support Israel

Quote Originally Posted by diablodelmar
    Oh yeah, and I might as well send you my credit card as well, and how about my car keys and watch too?
    I won't stop you.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Oh; don't wait for to long...
    I support Israel

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

What sort of watch are we talking about here?

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

I'm playing Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War right now. Incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    What sort of watch are we talking about here?
    Seiko Flightmaster Chrome with slide rule.
    I support Israel

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

NWN2. Bored with it. Here's a tip, kids: warlocks are one trick ponies. But I can't face going back to the start to take another character. Also, I never thought I was an eye candy tart. Then I played Oblivion. Now I am an eye candy tart. NWN2 looks old.

Hmm, Oblivion....
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag

PapaSmurf Senior Member Louis de la Ferte Ste Colombe's Avatar

EU III.

Is there any other game?

Louis,
    [FF] Louis St Simurgh / The Simurgh

Post Re: The "What are you playing?" topic.

Well right now guys, I am having a beautiful relaxing video game break - I really am battle weary - right now I am just playing good old Org mafia in the Gameroom.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

I am having a "recycling" period.

The only "new" game I'm occasionally playing is M2:TW

I re-installed GTA : San Andreas, TheGodfather (I never finished it, because I got bored after a while, I'm giving at a second chance now), RTW (mainly because I participate in a PBM, couldn't resist the temptation to start a single player campaign though), Call of Duty (yup, the first one, still alot of people who play MP I noticed Not that I am any good at it.), Far Cry (I never bothered to finish it because of the save game system which annoyed me) and Oblivion (never removed it, but I didn't play for several months, I had to stop playing because of real life phenomena)...

And now I see this threads in the Arena about KOTOR, KOTOR II and Morrowind... And one day I want to re-play MTW...

I don't have time for new games !

Maybe I should break a leg on purpose: not able to work + able to play games...

Hmmm...
    Last edited by Andres; 02-07-2007 at 12:18.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Master of Nothing He Surveys Member CybrGamr's Avatar

Right now I can't get enough of Marvel Ultimate Alliance on the XBox360. I manage to find 90 minutes every night to continue making progress on it. I also have been getting a regular diet of Civ IV on my PC. We just got a Wii this week, so the family has been competing in bowling every night. I have the new Zelda for it and I need to start that soon. I also have Rogue Galaxy for the PS2 which needs to be shown some love...

The "Pile of Shame" (unplayed or unfinished games) just continues to grow....

Quote Originally Posted by Louis de la Ferte Ste Colombe
    EU III.

Is there any other game?

Louis,
    Is it that good? Convince me.
    I support Israel

Finished Lords of The Rings: Tactics on my PSP. Well, not finished in the strictist sense as there are still a few missions left, but it's feeling too repetitive now I'm right near the end. While not a spectacular game it did meet my expectations: a fun enough strategy RPG which played nicely enough for the main but had some rough edges and stood firmly in the middle of the SRPG crowd, not outstanding and not bad either. Having got a month's worth of lunchhour play out of it I feel I got my £15's worth.

Wanting a change of flavour before I dive into the SRPG depths of Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth I'm now playing Cooking Mama on the DS. Yes, a game about cooking. What's wrong with that? Stop looking at me like that ...
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg
    Wanting a change of flavour before I dive into the SRPG depths of Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth I'm now playing Cooking Mama on the DS. Yes, a game about cooking. What's wrong with that? Stop looking at me like that ...

Froggy, you might want to think about cutting back on the sake....
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Quote Originally Posted by Martok

Froggy, you might want to think about cutting back on the sake....
    Women like that kind of thing (cooking, not sake).
    I support Israel

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

At first, I was thinking, "A game about cooking? Who would program a game like this? Do they even make such a game?" Then I remembered the popularity of Deer Hunter, and am now at peace...

Don't overcook the pasta.
    Last edited by drone; 02-09-2007 at 00:57.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Yes, a game about cooking. What's wrong with that? Stop looking at me like that ...

Nah, I guess it could have been worse, like let's say a game about shopping.

' Level 1: spend 200 € on clothes you don't need '
    ' Level 2 : Go buy 25 pairs of shoes...'
    ' ...

That would be really
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

I started another game of Jagged Alliance 2. No idea why - I probably just wanted a squad level tactical combat game and there are none finer. Also, it's one of those games that's easy to dip into and get a lot out of a few 1-2 hours sessions, without having to commit vast amounts of time or thought to. I do have NWN2, M2TW, Civ4 and Oblivion I should be playing, but those monsters seem to have energy activation barriers that are hard to surmount when you are busy with work and other things. You really need to break your leg or something to see them through.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrestheCunning
    Nah, I guess it could have been worse, like let's say a game about shopping.
    Surely shopping is a key feature of most strategy games and RPGs? I'm off to San Mona in JA2, partly to pay Tony the arms dealer a visit. I also like to surf the JA2 laptop, to see whether Bobby Ray has got any decent kit yet. Yes, shopping is a key feature of most games I like... well, and looting, I suppose.

Page 4 of 108 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast