Page 51 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 3213

Thread: The "What are you playing?" topic.

Gnawing hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Default Re: The "What are you playing?" topic.

It is 15, so all the paedophiles/lolicon lovers, can fap and say "come on, she is 15!"
    15 = teenager. Pedophilia refers to prepubescent children, commonly below 13. You wouldn't happen to think of 50 year olds as "young women", would you?
    Last edited by Azathoth; 09-27-2009 at 21:56.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
    It is 15, so all the paedophiles/lolicon lovers, can fap and say "come on, she is 15!"

15 = teenager. Pedophilia refers to prepubescent children, commonly below 13. You wouldn't happen to think of 50 year olds as "young women", would you?
    Erm, we are talking about a girl who looks and acts 6. 6 year old is a child. I was saying they would use the age of 15 as a excuse.

In otherwords, you are just stating the point I was making.
    Last edited by Beskar; 09-27-2009 at 21:57.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Gnawing hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Well, alright. I haven't actually played any of these console JRPGs, and I didn't realize.

This balloon is to celebrate my having reached the point where Star Ocean is said to improve dramatically. I have a full party, all of the crafting skills, the abilities I need to begin ubering up my party, and freedom to roam about doing oddles of side quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    I know many female gamers who are into that whole femine males/yaoi stuff. (Also cat girls too?)
    Yes, there's a small subset. Much like men who'd love to see a romance between the two Gears of War main characters. It's a varied world out there.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    I know many female gamers who are into that whole femine males/yaoi stuff. (Also cat girls too?)
    Tbh, almost all the female gamers I know (which admitedly is not a whole lot, gaming is still seen as completely nerdy and almost completly male-related in France) are into that kind of thing. Plus they're almost all goth and/or emo-wannabe.

Future USMC Cobra Pilot Member Prussian to the Iron's Avatar
    Out too long in the midnight sea. Oh what's becoming of me?

the female gamers ive met online (nazi zombies and halo 3 ftw!!!) are almost always like 16-20 ish and are pretty normal. occassionally you'll find a really nerdy girl who act really creepy and try to say memes through their round-the-world retainer, but thats very rare.

i actually got a chance to play against a girl my age at a little friendy tournament thing on the marine corps base a few minutes away; she beat me by like 2 points...then shot a death star at me the next round. it kinda made me sadfaic.

but yeah i hate those girly-men and animal-women mixes. make me wanna puke.
    Last edited by Prussian to the Iron; 09-30-2009 at 17:32. Reason: misuse of the word "rape" and its variants is not acceptable
    Add me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001603097354
    I am an Unstoppable Force, an Immovable Object

This place called Mars... do you know of it?

I've only met one girl online and that was playing a sniper mod in CoD2.

And right now... I'm playing Daggerfall which I got for free at The Elder Scrolls website. Took me about a few hours to get out of the starting dungeon and right now I'm just wondering around the main city
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Nice, I struggled to get Daggerfall to work, and when I eventually did I couldn't get the character to look up or down so I kept getting killed by rats nibbling my toes! How has it been so far, would you recommend giving it another shot?

i tried getting it to work on my XP; wouldnt work. kept saying something about settings being too high.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    Nice, I struggled to get Daggerfall to work, and when I eventually did I couldn't get the character to look up or down so I kept getting killed by rats nibbling my toes! How has it been so far, would you recommend giving it another shot?
    I had the same problem initially in getting my character to look around but I just hit escape and fiddled with the controls till they worked alright for me. And well... after wandering around the initial dungeon it gets better haha (I had the tutorial going to get used to the gameplay, it also helps you get to the right area to start the main quest or whatever else you want to do after you get out of the dungeon.) So in short, yes I would definitely suggest you give it another shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Prussian Iron View Post
    i tried getting it to work on my XP; wouldnt work. kept saying something about settings being too high.
    Did you already have it on CD or did you download it? Also did you get the DOSbox as well? There should be instructions on the download page for it that you can follow: Daggerfall Instructions
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

I once tried playing Elder Scrolls Arena with DosBox, but quit almost immediately. It's just too damn big. Even the smallest towns are 1:1 scale, and I didn't even explore the whole place because most of the buildings are identical and I kept getting lost.

Is Daggerfall like this?

I once tried playing Elder Scrolls Arena with DosBox, but quit almost immediately. It's just too damn big. Even the smallest towns are 1:1 scale, and I didn't even explore the whole place because most of the buildings are identical and I kept getting lost.

Is Daggerfall like this?
    Yeah I heard Arena is HUGE! Though incredibly randomized meaning the game isn't hand-made like Morrowind or Oblivion hence its randomization and all. And Daggerfall... I think the quests are "randomized" to an extent, meaning you'll come across the same type of quest randomly generated where ever you are visiting and so are the dungeons so each dungeons is unique to an extent as well, but they can also be pretty good (especially the ones from the main story are supposedly quite good). I believe most of the larger towns are not as bland(ish) as Arena but I have not been able to play and explore much due to midterms/school so I cannot really say atm But it's worth a definite look if you are really interested in play The Elder Scrolls

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Scribblenauts may be the greatest game ever. Just throwing it out there.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Quote Originally Posted by Decker View Post
    Did you already have it on CD or did you download it? Also did you get the DOSbox as well? There should be instructions on the download page for it that you can follow: Daggerfall Instructions
    the DL from bethsoft. unfortunately, i did their stuff step-by-step. maybe a game from 1996 is too much for my computer capable of running M2 at highest settings and Oblivion at somewhat high settings as well. grr

ill try it again on my vista, but somehow i dont think it will work.

the DL from bethsoft. unfortunately, i did their stuff step-by-step. maybe a game from 1996 is too much for my computer capable of running M2 at highest settings and Oblivion at somewhat high settings as well. grr

ill try it again on my vista, but somehow i dont think it will work.
    Hmmm... and you've tried running it in the DOSbox? I really do not think that should be a problem however

And did you download the DOSbox 1.73 update for Windows?

oddly enough, vista got it to work.....

arena refuses to install though now

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Trying EB v1.2, I never got round to updating from v0.6 until now. Impressed by all the tweeks and professional look.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

I finished the main story of Star Ocean this morning. There's a boatload of post game content and I haven't decided whether I can be bothered with any of it or not. I guess I will do some since a lot of it ties into stuff I have already done.

Whoever wrote the story doesn't understand the concept of evolution - I can't tell you much about what the plot was droning on about other than that. They'd got the concept completely backwards which meant that the whole 2 hours of cutscenes at the end were a load of erronious gibberish.

I'm also playing Risen, the xbox version. More dabbling and toying around with than playing, really, while I wait for the patch which is promised to fix a couple of display issues. It's hard to play an RPG when the text is so tiny you can't read it unless you halve the distance between yourself and the TV
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Star ocean. Hmmm... thats the one where the main characters are like video game characters with the ability to go real right? If it is I remember playing it wayyyy back in the day.

I kinda liked the characters you could get and no matter how hard I tried I don't think I ever got all the characters.
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Veho Nex View Post
    Star ocean. Hmmm... thats the one where the main characters are like video game characters with the ability to go real right? If it is I remember playing it wayyyy back in the day.

I kinda liked the characters you could get and no matter how hard I tried I don't think I ever got all the characters.
    There are 4 games in the series. The first was originally on the SNES IIRC and has a PSP remake. The second was originally a PS1 game IIRC (I didn't play either back in their day; not sure they even came to Europe) and also has a PSP remake. Number 3 came out on the PS2 and it's famous plot twist is the video game bit you refer to above. None of the other 3 mention anything related to it. Number 4, the one I was playing, is currently on xbox 360 with a PS3 port in the works.

And after dabbling my toe in the waters of post game content I've decided I am not going to bother with it - it's all based around the concept of "Do this boring thing 1,000 times to get rewards which would have been useful if they'd been given out earlier!" Fight your way to number 1 in the colosseum (100 battles total) for team and again for solo, clear this massive dungeon with loads of battles and bosses, clear this other random massive dungeon with loads of battles and bosses, win the lame bunny race on the highest difficulty 100 times, go back to all of the areas you completed and find the handful of chests you weren't allowed to open then while fighting loads of battles with enemies which are now over 80 levels weaker than you, make hundreds of different items for absolutely no reason at all other than completing your data logs, perform hundreds of arbitrary and stupid tasks in battle in order to get battle trophies which do nothing, slog around farming item drops in order to fill side quests ... I have better things to do with my time.

Ohhh, I never knew there was more than one. I went to look for the game and case and found out it was just called "Star Ocean: Till the End of Time" Never knew there were any more.
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

You would have been better off waiting for the PS3 version, Frog. They basically made a beta for the 360 and then massively improved it for the PS3; its gonna have A LOT more content.

Hmm. Played some more Risen and I think I shall have to stop until the patch arrives; the microscopic text makes things like inventory management and conversations extremely difficult. At the current rate I'm going to go blind squinting and straining to make out words.

I started the Dead Space game on the Wii in co-op with my boyfriend so I suppose I shall finish that now. It's a far better game than I'd expected; I might do a review topic once I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Veho Nex View Post
    Ohhh, I never knew there was more than one. I went to look for the game and case and found out it was just called "Star Ocean: Till the End of Time" Never knew there were any more.
    For some reason they don't put numbers in the names. To make matters more confusing the two PSP versions received different names to the originals. Using the PSP names the series goes:
    Star Ocean: First Departure
    Star OCean: Second Evolution
    Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
    Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

In terms of storyline Hope is the first in the series, followed by Departure and then Evolution. Time is the final one. Evolution and Departure are considered to be the best, Time is a love or hate game, and Hope is 50% good and 50% staggeringly stupid decisions.

The 'Tales Of ...' games are very similar to the Star Ocean series, although they are made by different companies. If you like one series you'll like the other.

You would have been better off waiting for the PS3 version, Frog. They basically made a beta for the 360 and then massively improved it for the PS3; its gonna have A LOT more content.
    IMO one of its problems is that it's got too much content, resulting in a lot of it being very samey or repetitive, or just taking forever to get what should be a simple thing achieved. Beta's much too harsh; it's undoubtably a finished game, just a flawed one. The major problems are things which can't be fixed with a special edition: voice acting, plot, characters, pacing, Lymle (), and so on. Other problems, like the camera and stupid party battle AI, could be fixed, though with all of the other problems remaining it wouldn't be enough to pull the game out of mediocrity.

Now the Tales of Vesperia PS3 version, that one I'm very interested in! It one looks to build on what's right with the game instead of extending what's wrong.

they have Dead Space on Wii??!?!?!? and here I am like a dork closing all my windows at 1:00PM tryin to play it on PS3.......

co-op? that sounds weid for a horror game like Dead Space. almost like playing Batman: Arkham Asylum with co-op.

they have Dead Space on Wii??!?!?!? and here I am like a dork closing all my windows at 1:00PM tryin to play it on PS3.......

co-op? that sounds weid for a horror game like Dead Space. almost like playing Batman: Arkham Asylum with co-op.
    Yup, Dead Space: Extraction, an on-rails lightgun style shooter which works a lot better than it sounds like it should. I just posted a review. It's a very good game and one of very few wii titles I'd recommend. If you like Dead Space then you'll like Extraction.

Now I've completed Extraction I'm at a bit of a loss for what to play next. I shall return to Risen as soon as that patch appears and I'm expecting my imported copy of Demons Souls to arrive sometime this week, so I don't want to start anything that involved. Maybe Batman: Arkham Asylum or Metroid Prime 2: Echoes ... or maybe I'll not bother with games for a few days.

my uncle got Arkham Asylum, and he said it scared the s*&^ out of him. he loves it, and most of the reviews i've read are good.

but im still workin on Dead Space, and with Cod MW2 out next month, I'll be busy for a few months.
    Last edited by Prussian to the Iron; 10-12-2009 at 21:14.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

my unlce got Arkham Asylum, and he said it scared the s*&^ out of him. he loves it, and most of the reviews i've read are good.
    It's really short.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

There is a new demo out for the (critically panned) Wolfenstein game from last summer. I tried it, and bought the game on a whim. If they had released a demo when the game came out, they might have sold a few more copies on release. Anyway, it's a slow gaming month.... most of what I'm looking forward to has been pushed into next year (Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2), and I wanted something brainless to fill a few hours.

Wolfenstein is a pretty good brainless shooter. You know the drill... run around, shoot Nazis over and over, and this time with a few magic powers that reveal hidden doorways and can slow down time. It's Call of Duty within an Indian Jones plot line. You're supported by local resistance fighters who fight alongside you occasionally, but you're mostly on your own. There aren't any RPG elements except for weapon upgrades through black market vendors. The graphics are serviceable; nothing special but it runs smooth as silk at 1600x1200 on my older PC (with newer video card), and that's mostly what I look for in a shooter. No major bugs, so far. I hear it's a short game -- maybe 8 hours if you rush through it -- and it's still selling at full price. So unless you're desperate for a few hours of shoot-em-up, it's probably better to wait for it to go on sale on Steam or one of the other outlets.

Note: the demo shows the start of the game, but the content has been hyped up to show things you don't actually see until later in the full game, like a few special powers and one of the mid-level special bad guy types.
    Feaw is a weapon.... wise genewuhs use weuuhw! -- Jebe the Tyrant

Just started Oblivion with the GOTY but it CTD (game just stopped working) before I could even get out of the starting dungeon . If this persists I may just play Daggerfall and AGEOD's American Civil War until I get a better a graphics card (despite the game running without a hitch up the point it crashed...unless it's another problem )

I'm playing Demons' Souls and Batman: Arkham Asylum. Both very good games, though very different.

Page 51 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast