Page 7 of 108 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: The "What are you playing?" topic.

Default Re: The "What are you playing?" topic.

I'm done with Valkryie Profile. Nice game. The sequel was recently given a PAL release date, at long last and months after I'd despaired of it being released here; I enjoyed the PSP port of the original game enough to pick the second one up at some point.

Now I'm giving my DS a turn for lunchbreak amusement. I'm trying to satisfy my craving for Phoenix Wright II by playing Another Code: Two memories, another of those plot based puzzler types. It's good. It's also flying by, and a short game. At this rate I'll have it completed in days.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

zombologist Senior Member doc_bean's Avatar

Played the Galactic Civilizations 2 gold demo a bit in the alst few days, uninstalled it yesterday since it was seriously interfering with my work

I had a wonderfully powerful civ built up in the last game though, i had researched about 50 techs in 150 turns when none of the AI even had 20 (okay, they were set at beginner...)

I'll have to get that game, eventually.
    Yes, Iraq is peaceful. Go to sleep now. - Adrian II

Charge Men............Retreat! Member The Foolish Horseman's Avatar

These past month:

NBA 2K7 (Xbox 360)
    Elder Scrolls Series (yes all of them)
    Prey
    Doom 3
    Brian Lara cricket 2005 ( original xbox)
    Crackdown

IN Total War I Trust!!

The Foolish Horseman, previously known as GBB

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

updated list

Battlefield 2142
    Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne Custom Maps
    Knights of the Old Republic 2 The Sith Lords
    Dungeons and Dragons Heros
    Halo 2

(i just bought an xbox)
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

HoI2. Still waiting for that fricken M2 patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Puzzle Quest. I would have posted that fact sooner, but I was too busy playing it. I like it so much I started a thread on it.

(Still plugging away at Dragon Quest VIII and Another Code)
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Just completed Vice City Stories on the PS2. So I'm replaying Vice City. Running out of games rapidly though. May have to buy the PS3.

As you can tell I've got way too much time on my hands atm, being on holidays and all

Can't really decide on anything atm; playing SupCom a fair bit and Mount&Blade a little, jumping between games otherwise.

Also played the hl2 mod 'Minerva' - looks good

I'll definitely get back to M2TW when the new patch is officially released, hopefully some time this week.
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Currently playing Jade Empire and The Battle of Wesnoth, in addition to occassional rounds of Civ 4 and M2TW. And I still have that Oblivion game going... Urg, too many games!

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Back to HOI2 with the Kaiserreich mod. I'm going to finish this game as the German Empire, go back to HOI2 regular and finish a game as Britain, and then install Kaiserreich again, which will hopefully be out of beta stage by that time.

By the way, it's a great game, even in beta. I'd certainly recommend it. A lot of work went into that mod, and they're still pouring it in.

StickCricket, more than anything else.

But also playing Shogun again.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Well I just finished an epic 12 hour AoE II game.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rythmic
    Well I just finished an epic 12 hour AoE II game.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Makes me want to play AoE II again, but my CD broke. I guess I'll have to buy a new one. wololo

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Shouldn't cost much, it's pretty old now.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Finished Another Code in 5:18 with the best ending on my first go. It was neat, but needed more puzzles. It was more an interactive story than a game. Respect is due for its inventive use of the DS' features, such as reflecting the image on one screen off the other to find the solution to a puzzle. I don't regret having played it; I am definitely glad I got it quite cheaply.

I've now started Phoenix Wright 2. All together now: "Objection!!" I expect to finish this one quickly; it's the sequel to the game I got with my DS, the game which is still my favourite on that handheld.

Still plugging away at Dragon Quest, and still trying to think up a good excuse to sit in the office and play Puzzle Quest on the days when I'm in charge of the shop and not needed on the shop floor.

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

I love AoEII so much I now want to play it. Fully upgraded English Longbowmen with Trebuchets = castle killers. Nothing except huscarls can break through.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

www.xfire.com/profile/edyzmedieval

My profile shows exactly what I'm playing. CSS, DoDS, M2TW, FM 07 and MTW.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Default Re : The "What are you playing?" topic.

--Company of Heroes (again), but now I'm also modding for it to put it more to my taste. Nothing like infantry support in the form of a beautiful Firestorm artillery barrage of incendiary rockets raining down heavily for about 10 seconds long (or longer) with a great radius, as your infantry lies in wait to advance thereafter, they might even get hit by a lone rocket descending when you thought it was over already :) A true Terror weapon and it greatly damages a large area now.
    (The only annoying thing about this modding is trial-and-error )

--Chrono Trigger again (not so much though... have played it in English, French, and now in German(!)... looks good and it's nice to see how those translations work out). If I could only find that converter I'd play it on the old console itself.
    Emotion, passions, and desires are, thus peace is not.
    Emotion: you have it or it has you.

---

Pay heed to my story named The Thief in the Mead Hall.
    No.

---

Check out some of my music.

Default Re: Re : The "What are you playing?" topic.

got Red Orchestra last friday and played it madly. that's why i was so inactive.

CoH occasionally. imo CoH is better than M2

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: Re : The "What are you playing?" topic.

Red Orchestra is a really wonderful game. Too bad the graphic spoils the fun.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Started a M2TW game as the English yesterday using the pulled 1.2 patch. So far so good. I may actually finish this short campaign, shock horror!

Phoenix Wright 2 (finished the first case, about to hit court for the first time on the second) and Dragon Quest VIII (no progress; I seem to be in a boring section) still on-going.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    Back to HOI2 with the Kaiserreich mod. I'm going to finish this game as the German Empire, go back to HOI2 regular and finish a game as Britain, and then install Kaiserreich again, which will hopefully be out of beta stage by that time.

By the way, it's a great game, even in beta. I'd certainly recommend it. A lot of work went into that mod, and they're still pouring it in.
    What does the Kaiserreich mod add? Or do you have a link handy?

@frogbeastegg:Hopefully your not disappointed.

Still playing my HoI2. I really need some new games.
    Last edited by Csargo; 04-15-2007 at 19:30.

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

Caught between Battlefield 2 and Oblivion. On BF2 i've discovered the wonders of the 'support' class, and on Oblivion i've discovered the wonders of a mod i downloaded that gives you the ability to buy blackpowder bombs from the 'Copious Coinpurse'. Nothing like bringing terrorism to Cyrodiil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by currywurry
    Caught between Battlefield 2 and Oblivion. On BF2 i've discovered the wonders of the 'support' class, and on Oblivion i've discovered the wonders of a mod i downloaded that gives you the ability to buy blackpowder bombs from the 'Copious Coinpurse'. Nothing like bringing terrorism to Cyrodiil.
    I can see it now...

"Stop! You are under arrest, citizen! You can either pay your fi-"
    "FOR AZURA!!!" *explodes*

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Well after far too long (at least two months by my reckoning), I finally have a brand-spanking new PC.....and what a joy it is.

Since I picked it up on Saturday, I've already played a fair bit of GalCiv 2, which never really did run on my old machine. I've also gotten back into MTW/VI, having started up a new Spanish campaign. In addition, I downloaded and played the Medieval 2 demo a couple times, although I did so mostly to stress-test my computer's video/graphics abilities. (I'm happy to report everything ran smoothly at max settings. )

My newest addiction, however, is SimCity 4. Egads, I've been having way too much fun building roads & highways everywhere!
    Last edited by Martok; 04-17-2007 at 00:36.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

replaying Kingdom Hearts 2 btw. love that KH series, no.1 in my top 5 list. i want KH3 now!!!

Chief Biscuit Monitor Member professorspatula's Avatar

Good grief, what are you doing posting outside of the Medieval themed Total War forums Martok? I thought you got a nosebleed if you left their confines!

Anyway, I am currently mostly playing my own modded version of RTW which I am writing an AAR for it. Although it's about 10 times more fun to play the game than actually knuckle down and write about it.

I also have had a few skirmishes in Dawn of War and Total Annihilation. I was playing GCII not that long ago, but I never really enjoy the campaigns much. Plus after a while it crashes and I can't be bothered to replay the last 5 turns or whatever when I have hundreds of moves to redo.

MTW is calling out to me as well. It's telling me I must continue my Crusader campaign. I must resist!
    Improving the TW Series one step at a time:

BI Extra Hordes & Unlocked Factions Mod: Available here.

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Quote Originally Posted by professorspatula
    Good grief, what are you doing posting outside of the Medieval themed Total War forums Martok? I thought you got a nosebleed if you left their confines!
    Special breathing apparatus -- attached to a camel costume.

I also have had a few skirmishes in Dawn of War and Total Annihilation. I was playing GCII not that long ago, but I never really enjoy the campaigns much. Plus after a while it crashes and I can't be bothered to replay the last 5 turns or whatever when I have hundreds of moves to redo.
    Hmm. I haven't had any problems thus far, at least not with the game's stability. I'm having a bit of difficulty remembering how on earth I get my economy going, though. (It's been a little while since I played -- and boy, does it show!)

MTW is calling out to me as well. It's telling me I must continue my Crusader campaign. I must resist!
    Bah. Come back to the Dark Side, professor; you know want to!
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Comand and Conquer: yuri's revenge and Comand and Conquer: firstorm
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo
    What does the Kaiserreich mod add? Or do you have a link handy?
    It's an alternate history mod - what if Germany had won the First World War?

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...6&page=1&pp=20

It's still in Beta, but it's worth a look. There are some bugs, but you can fix some of them yourself - just look at their own forums, in the bugs section.

Page 7 of 108 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast